Nov 09, 2018, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscooler
New to this event. Can someone describe the slope shape, length and lip contour, is it an easy walk from the car to set up camp etc? Videos and pics please.

E
Hey E,

Not sure if your questions were answered but Campsite/Camping is flat and easy with drive-up access. The actual flying site is a short walk across the road and uphill, with some mix of wooden steps and trail that lead to a fenced 'box' at the top of the bluff. The Slope is a nice straight gentle vertical with runs from a Point to the North down to a bit South of the 'box' before rolling off,....a little like Dave's Beach only 3x as high.

On a good day, lots of endless stunts straight out in front, well over the wet sand and breakers. Worth checking out if the access works for you.

Check this Google Map location for a better idea; look across from South Camping Ground
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2018, 12:55 AM
Where’s the hot glue?
Woohoo! Can’t wait for this year’s event! I’m gonna get started building this winter so I’m not scrambling for planes in May

It’s the shits all you guys were forced to the other campsites.

If you need any help Jeremy... let me know. I live close by

-Jacob
Nov 11, 2018, 10:16 AM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Thread OP
Thanks Jacob! Will do. We need to stay on top of the sites, people do cancel a lot and then we can nab the sites.
Nov 11, 2018, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip.greely
....a little like Dave's Beach only 3x as high.
Funny thing is I was thinking of comparing it to Dave's also. I'd say the lift is way better than Dave't though. In the past it has grown and grown as the day goes and racing around PSS and other heavy things is an option. Kind of kool is we tend to get a full mix of lift range here, the mornings are very light, and it slowly builds all day.
Nov 11, 2018, 01:16 PM
Yeah,

In general, I'd say that is the biggest difference between So Cal and Nor Cal Coastal sloping
Nov 11, 2018, 05:48 PM
vtpraerobatics.blogspot.c om
Thanks guys for the info and photos. Looks like a lot of fun, and growing.
Nov 24, 2018, 12:38 PM
Is it coming or going??
Hello gents,

I'm in!

I just made reservations at Sunset. There is still limited availability on the upper loops.

See you there!

Lon
Nov 25, 2018, 10:03 PM

Reservations Made

I am so glad I saw this. I have been waiting to combine slope soaring with camping. Just reserved site 72. There looked to be a dozen sites still open when I made my reservation.
Nov 26, 2018, 05:26 PM
When you reserve a spot make sure it will fit your needs. They have a few sites that are tent only.

-Wayne
Nov 27, 2018, 03:33 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Thread OP
Awesome to hear guys!
Dec 03, 2018, 11:05 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Wish I could go.

Dave
Dec 04, 2018, 10:48 AM
Dave - I see your wish request, and I officially grant your wish.

***TaDa***

You may now attend the Sunset State Beach Camp n Fly.

Can you feel the magic?

We will see you there.

-Wayne
Jan 12, 2019, 12:33 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Thread OP
Awesome to hear guys! Glad we got some new faces as well!
Ill most likely be making shirts again this year, I will definitely need a count, so far I have about 6 or so that would like a shirt. If shirt count low, Ill make them myself, if above 20-25 range I will sublet them out and have them screen printed. I usually sell mine for $20ea (which are vinyl), but the screen printed ones might be different prices depending on how many people would like tshirts this year. I will post a pic of the shirt image soon.

Jeremy
Jan 13, 2019, 11:57 AM
I will take one, XXL please.
Ben
Jan 13, 2019, 12:11 PM
That thing almost hit me
Hi Jeremy. I'll take 2 xl if they are screened.

Quick Reply