Mar 15, 2019, 02:52 PM
Build, crash...repeat
There may be others, but the only other airplane without fins that I've seen, and uses split drag rudders like the Horten, is the B2 bomber. The B2 is a copy of the Horten actually. And from what I heard, it cannot be flown without computers; has to be flown "by wire", probably because it doesn't have fins! And bombers usually aren't built to be agile like a fighter, they just need to be stable and fast.

I bought a gyro module that I haven't used yet. I will install it in the drag rudder version and if it's difficult to control, I'll engage it and see if it helps. Just like the B2, but I think the Horten shape is prettier.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2019, 04:02 PM
Obtuse? NO split rudders on a Horten.. B2 being an all winger.. ..could be seen as an evolution of a YB49.. more than a horten.

Want an all wing toy airplane.. build a Klingberg wing. It's a decent flier...at low speeds
Mar 16, 2019, 06:15 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP
Bare , COOL !!! … Klingberg wings !!! WE built a couple … ( some time ago) I’d guess using the same washout jig , we could assemble one with Foam sheets … wouldn’t that be cool , and Light too … I still have a set of plywood Rib patterns for these … Big FAT airfoil …
Latest blog entry: Lost plans

Quick Reply