Nov 05, 2018, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPastor

2s version with a clear canopy with selectable LEDs should come later for a hole new indoor race quad! If enough of us ask they may just do it!
+1 for a 2s and add an adjustable camera.
Emax, please consider while counting all the $$$ you will definitely make on the 1s to put some RnD $$$ into making a sub 50mm nano Hawk... the nano whoop..... one can but wish
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2018, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPastor
I agree! I started with tiny whoops (Jessie P version) and soon got the OG white Babyhawk. Wow did everything change!!! That thing is almost a tank! Itís still flying today. My Brushless wth BHR 2Ē upgraded to 2Ē love it. I e got the hawk 5 and will get the Tiny hawk for Emax USA because there stuff just works!

So make this whoop as a entry lvl BL whoop RTF soon I hear is a good idea... because of Emaxís quality I keep coming back.
I suppose many of you fill the same thatís why your on this thread.

2s version with a clear canopy with selectable LEDs should come later for a hole new indoor race quad! If enough of us ask they may just do it!
Yes emax know how to make reliable stuff from my past experiences, I have motors in my planes which are many years old and still perfect even after too many hours in the air to count and survived crashes too.
The very fact that the 08025 motors have bearings in them puts this in a different league imo.
But let's not get ahead of ourselves , this hasn't been around long enough to be certain it doesn't have any problems.
The motor wires problem on the betafpv 65x didn't show up until recently ( mine are still fine ) , before then it was looking like a reliable quad apart from flimsy canopy and camera lens needing glueing in.....
I know it shouldn't happen but often the quads that get sent out for review will be of the best quality and checked before sending so that the reviewers have a good experience ...... Once sales start racking up and production lines get busy it can be a different story so waiting for a while is prudent .... Or maybe getting in early to get hold of the good ones might be an idea lol..

Seriously I think emax will make a good job of this one.
Nov 05, 2018, 06:37 AM
Would love to see a reviewer focus on how well this thing acros outdoors in small areas.
Nov 05, 2018, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DFun
Would love to see a reviewer focus on how well this thing acros outdoors in small areas.
Yes, this is exactly where I fly brushless whoops, I never really found much advantage indoors with them over the brushed whoops, in fact indoors I'm always end up flying brushed because they are lighter and so faster.
Outside in my garden is where I tend to fly brushless whoops the most, too small for none ducted brushless and too big for brushed whoops ( mostly )
If I'm going out to fly at the park I tend to just like the none ducted brushless better unless it's really calm , not raining and no one is in the kiddies playground. ( Rare occurrence )
Nov 05, 2018, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
What do the motor wires look like where they connect to the motors on this?
There have been quite a few complaints about the betafpv 65x wires coming off at the motor and it being virtually impossible to fix so means a new motor which is not good.
This happened to me last night. One of the motor wires has come loose and I have no idea how to fix. Guess I'll be ordering new motors.
Nov 05, 2018, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Yes, this is exactly where I fly brushless whoops, I never really found much advantage indoors with them over the brushed whoops, in fact indoors I'm always end up flying brushed because they are lighter and so faster.
Outside in my garden is where I tend to fly brushless whoops the most, too small for none ducted brushless and too big for brushed whoops ( mostly )
If I'm going out to fly at the park I tend to just like the none ducted brushless better unless it's really calm , not raining and no one is in the kiddies playground. ( Rare occurrence )
I agree but I got sick of motors needing replacing and throttle response on brushed woops. My UR65 was a dream come true. Can't stop flying this one. Now I've stopped all outdoor flying as I found big outdoor areas bored me. So looking for something a smidge bigger the the ur65 for outdoor small area exploring and close proximity flying. So ducts needed. Was going to get a kk 115 v2 then the m7 came out got one of them, and now this. If this is good I'll grab one of these too, tho I would prefer it had 2s and camera tilt.
Nov 05, 2018, 09:28 AM
Quote:
good TH video....

Emax - TinyHawk 😁 - $99.99 (12 min 40 sec)
Nov 05, 2018, 10:47 AM
Is it customary that Emax will put out only FrSky Rx?
Nov 05, 2018, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
Is it customary that Emax will put out only FrSky Rx?
Yes. They've never produced a BNF with any other.

You can always add an external receiver though. It wouldn't cost you much more than 1g in weight. I know that every single gram matters for a whoop but, if there is no other choice...
Nov 05, 2018, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
Yes. They've never produced a BNF with any other.

You can always add an external receiver though. It wouldn't cost you much more than 1g in weight. I know that every single gram matters for a whoop but, if there is no other choice...
Temporal Flux, Thank you. It's getting to be time to put any of those $10's into buying an FrSky capable radio and get the new long range module options as well.
Nov 05, 2018, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish
Temporal Flux, Thank you. It's getting to be time to put any of those $10's into buying an FrSky capable radio and get the new long range module options as well.
Indeed. I started off with a Deviated Devo 7E (in which I soldered all the individual RF modules) and, even when I got my Taranis, I added a multi-protocol module straightaway. So, fortunately, I have never had the problem with protocol incompatibility. I have models with FrSky, DSM2/DSMX, Flysky and, Futaba receivers (not to mention all the toy-grade protocols).

The Jumper radios have made multi-protocol much more accessible these days.

I haven't gotten into the long range stuff yet though.
Nov 05, 2018, 09:32 PM
another nice video
EMAX - Tiny Hawk - Review (24 min 45 sec)
Nov 06, 2018, 12:06 AM
Indeed it is. But, that is the third time it has been posted in this short thread already .

Always worth giving more views to Nick though.
Nov 06, 2018, 03:01 PM
As well as Nick always pushing the quad's ability, Nick's videos don't mess with your living quarters arrangements by suddenly blasting loud crap music Drone Scamps or RC Scrape style. (Take a hint, guys. Stop that! )
+++ for that bit of decency!
Last edited by LittleFish; Nov 06, 2018 at 03:22 PM.
Nov 06, 2018, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billysnarf
Kabab is a freestyle master so I feel that what we see in his video is all the TinyHawk is capable of.

Quick Reply