Nov 03, 2018, 10:56 AM
For those that don't already know, use BG code "TTxBG10" for 10% off.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2018, 03:07 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
FWIW, you can also pre-order the TinyHawk directly from Emax USA.

No affiliate links, and no slow shipping from China.
Nov 03, 2018, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboed13b
The props and frame size makes this pretty much an outdoor quad same with other 75mm whoops. Yes they can fly indoor but a much lighter and smaller 65mm does the job way better.

Outdoor 2s is better in every way although I do fly my 1s 65mm outdoor with great success but my builds would be considered high performance whoops.

If this was a 65mm equivalent I would be all about it then it would be able to compete with actual whoops in a tight indoor environment.
I disagree, I think this will be a better indoor quad than outdoor. Time will tell.
Nov 03, 2018, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2
I disagree, I think this will be a better indoor quad than outdoor. Time will tell.
The point I am trying to make is 1s 65mm already does indoor better. They are smaller lighter and more nimble. The competion to this are other 75mm 1s and 2s whoops which most people fly outdoor.
Nov 03, 2018, 05:12 PM
I'm Tri'n, are you Tri'n?
Need a spektrum compatible one as we are half the buying audience..
Nov 03, 2018, 05:24 PM
I agree with that. Although I fly with both Spektrum and Frsky. My most experience is with Spektrum so it is easier for me. I only have one quad on Frsky and always have to refresh my memory on setting it up. I'm thinking they will sell more if both versions are available.
Nov 03, 2018, 05:30 PM
Nice debate about how this compares to 2s 75mm brushless whoops.

I want to applaud EMAX for releasing a product which gets over the shortcomings of brushed Tiny Whoops while still targeting the same audience. Face it, this product at this price point sounds awesome for beginners and indoor pilots. I hope a lot of first time pilots will find this under their x-mas tree this year. I will get one just to be able to race people indoors with a comparable platform, which is not a Tiny Whoop.

Could we start listing possible replacement parts here?

I'm very intrigued by the motor/prop combo. Is there anything that looks remotely comparable?
Nov 03, 2018, 05:37 PM
Was excited to see this and then realised it was only 1s ....
None of my brushless whoops are as fast around my house as my 65mm brushed whoop and so for me any brushless whoop is for outside ( garden and playgrounds where ducts allow me to fly through tight gaps which is fun ).
Having said that this tiny hawk does seem fairly fast outside so for racing is gonna be ok, but it just won't have the same punch as a 2s..
I heard a rumour that emax are going to make a 2s version sometime?

Love the frame design and it ticks a lot of boxes with the bearings in motors, prop protectors which are thin and better airodynmic , and integrated camera cover that isn't going to break easily , I would not be afraid to really take chances with this one knowing how resilient it is.

I think it will do really well as it's a well rounded product, probably the first real brushless whoop which can take crashes without breaking something..
Time will tell of course just how good it really is.
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Nov 03, 2018 at 05:45 PM.
Nov 03, 2018, 06:00 PM
I ordered me one ....I have tiny whoops ,yea they are OK , I never have luck with them, this one seem to fit my groove I think. Evening s will get calm where I live now until then I will buzz around on the porch with mine, seriously 2s whoops look fun as well but I have brushless style 90 size that kick @$$ , in fact I have a spcmaker 90x that is very well tuned....too good to be messed with , meaning do not race me... And if I wanna wake up my neighborhood I can yank out my butterflight equipped 5 inch Armattan armadillo
Last edited by Smoothcruizer3; Nov 03, 2018 at 07:33 PM.
Nov 03, 2018, 08:26 PM
I gotta feeling Nick Burns having fun ripping it around inside his house at this very moment
Nov 03, 2018, 08:45 PM
I wanna see Mobula7 vs TinyHawk on the same type of battery.
Nov 03, 2018, 10:03 PM
This new tinyhawk uses 15000KV motor and 40mm prop.
so I think this one will fly as fast as Boldclash-B06 and Beta75-pro
but has nice looking frame.
Nov 03, 2018, 11:01 PM
I guess putting 2S voltage on the Tiny Hawk would burn up the electronics? The Mobula has very similar specs as far as motors.
Nov 03, 2018, 11:21 PM
I'm perplexed as to why Emax went with a 1s board when they could've gone with a 1-2s board instead. This way, they would have an edge over all the other competitors since their frame seems to have the best design/durability yet. The motors seem very close to the mobula7, so it should be able to handle 2s for sure.
Nov 03, 2018, 11:48 PM
Why are so any people assuming that the Tinyhawk was developed to compete with the 2S brushless whoops? That makes zero sense to me. 1S and 2S quads aren't comparable. Do you honestly think that Emax took a look at the Beta75X and the Mobula7 and went, 'We have to get in on that action... let's produce an under-powered version of those'...?

If it competes with anything (and, I think that it can carve out a niche of its own), it is with other 1S brushless whoops. Probably, the closest comparable quad, because of the size, is the Snapper 7.

If the Tinyhawk sells well (and there is every indication that it will), they will almost certainly produce a 2S version and, that can compete with the other 2S brushless whoops.

...just my two cents worth.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Nov 04, 2018 at 12:20 AM.

Quick Reply