Thread Tools
Oct 16, 2019, 09:09 AM
United States, NC, Cary
weaver4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
If the water into which you crashed in has a high mineral content ('hard' water), conductive alkaline micro crystals can form on the circutboards when it is drying out. It is a good idea to rinse it in distilled water (or even just soft water) before drying out.
I'v had a couple of quads land in a very dirty creek. I rinse them out in clean water and then *blow* them out rather then let them dry with good results.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2019, 01:38 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
IceWind's Avatar
Here we go again, BF 4.1 is out.

Loaded it and configure only a few things (TinyHawk 1) and needs tunning, on 4.0.6 I copied filtering from 3.5.x version and managed to get it flying really well but not need to restart all over again.

If someone got it working fine in the mean time please share the settings.
Oct 18, 2019, 05:55 PM
Registered User
Just received Freestyle yesterday and flew it. Color on camera is saturated 100%..looks like fluorescent blue and orange. Switched camera to Caddx EOS2 and same problem. Any way to correct this? It is basically not flyable as color is so extremely vivid and blown out? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Oct 18, 2019, 11:33 PM
Registered User
Can you stick a gopro session on this? I ask because I saw a photo on reddit, the guys said he would post a video but never happened. Can it be done? I may add my rxsr to it.
Oct 19, 2019, 12:43 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMother_
Can you stick a gopro session on this? I ask because I saw a photo on reddit, the guys said he would post a video but never happened. Can it be done? I may add my rxsr to it.

You can stick it on, but the drone won’t fly after that.
Oct 19, 2019, 01:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalmother_
can you stick a gopro session on this? I ask because i saw a photo on reddit, the guys said he would post a video but never happened. Can it be done? I may add my rxsr to it.
lol!
Oct 19, 2019, 01:44 AM
Registered User
I have BF 4.1 on my Freestyle. Indoor testing seems good, but I need to get it outside to see how it really flies. I'm excited to see if the RPM filtering helps settle some of the oscillations I was getting.
Oct 20, 2019, 03:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperfpv
lol!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter...awk_freestyle/


"Yes actualy I just took it out. Only flew for a couple minutes because I was nervous. Was my 1st real test flight only cuz I wanted some gopro footage instead of just normal fpv footage and it turned out not bad. Could still freestyle with it (:"


This is the posts, so far no video. I am hoping this is not another story teller as it seems interesting that it can carry something so large and heavy. If it flies, laughs on you guys for your cocky meritless Egos. If it doesn't fly, as in, he doesn't post a video as proof. You guys were right. Not that I will ever try it myself but I love seeing people proved wrong time and time again in this hobby. I also love when Egos are shut down.
Last edited by AnimalMother_; Oct 20, 2019 at 03:32 PM.
Oct 21, 2019, 04:25 AM
Registered User

Emax TinyHawk - Racing Whoop? (1-2s) & FreeStyle TinyHawk


Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMother_
https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter...awk_freestyle/


"Yes actualy I just took it out. Only flew for a couple minutes because I was nervous. Was my 1st real test flight only cuz I wanted some gopro footage instead of just normal fpv footage and it turned out not bad. Could still freestyle with it (:"


This is the posts, so far no video. I am hoping this is not another story teller as it seems interesting that it can carry something so large and heavy. If it flies, laughs on you guys for your cocky meritless Egos. If it doesn't fly, as in, he doesn't post a video as proof. You guys were right. Not that I will ever try it myself but I love seeing people proved wrong time and time again in this hobby. I also love when Egos are shut down.

I think you are confusing ego with logic and critical thinking.

You asked a question, and I answered it. How that exposes me as someone with a “cocky meritless ego” is only something you would know.
Last edited by macnoodle; Oct 21, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle
I think you are confusing ego with logic and critical thinking.

You asked a question, and I answered it. How that exposes me as someone with a “cocky meritless ego” is only something you would know.
Why are you so mad? I wasn’t directing it at you specifically but by the way your responded you took it personally. As if your feelings got seriously hurt when it didn't even apply to you. Respond with rage as you will...
Last edited by AnimalMother_; Oct 21, 2019 at 06:59 PM.
Oct 21, 2019, 12:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMother_
https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter...awk_freestyle/
This is the posts, so far no video. I am hoping this is not another story teller as it seems interesting that it can carry something so large and heavy. If it flies, laughs on you guys for your cocky meritless Egos. If it doesn't fly, as in, he doesn't post a video as proof. You guys were right. Not that I will ever try it myself but I love seeing people proved wrong time and time again in this hobby. I also love when Egos are shut down.
@AnimalMother_: I think I saw somewhere that you upgraded your Freestyle to BF4.1. Have you had a chance to fly it since? I've got mine running with the filtering limits at 2X and it seems pretty good. Still getting some propwash and trying to figure out what direction to go in tuning.
Oct 21, 2019, 12:57 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
xanuser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMother_
Can you stick a gopro session on this? I ask because I saw a photo on reddit, the guys said he would post a video but never happened. Can it be done? I may add my rxsr to it.
strip it naked.

Cinewhoop 4k - Micro drone with 4k Gopro (2 min 58 sec)


GoPro Awards: GoPro Transformed Into Tiny Drone (1 min 58 sec)
Oct 21, 2019, 07:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by notime2fly
@AnimalMother_: I think I saw somewhere that you upgraded your Freestyle to BF4.1. Have you had a chance to fly it since? I've got mine running with the filtering limits at 2X and it seems pretty good. Still getting some propwash and trying to figure out what direction to go in tuning.
I have updated it to 4.1 but I have not tuned it. I just used Albert Kims CLI from his 1S video since I fly 1s and dropped the original dump file back in after I updated. Honestly it feels nearly the same but I have yet to mess with the filters for prop wash for it make the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
strip it naked.
Absolutely beautiful quad lol
Surprised it can still carry it
Last edited by AnimalMother_; Oct 21, 2019 at 08:06 PM.
Oct 21, 2019, 10:54 PM
Registered User

Emax TinyHawk - Racing Whoop? (1-2s) & FreeStyle TinyHawk


Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMother_
Why are you so mad? I wasn’t directing it at you specifically but by the way your responded you took it personally. As if your feelings got seriously hurt when it didn't even apply to you. Respond with rage as you will...
“Cocky meritless ego” when someone laughs at a preposterously stupid scenario? No, that’s just common sense. It was *you who took it personally and assumed that the guy has an ego - I just pointed out the ridiculousness of your jumping to that conclusion - that the guy has an ego because he laughs at something that is ridiculously funny. Maybe he just has a sense of humour!

But, let’s see if this other dude comes through with this “freestyle video” that he keeps promising to post online. I know that I would like to see that.
Last edited by macnoodle; Oct 22, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:30 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
xanuser's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalMother_
Surprised it can still carry it
theres always this lil gem from 2 years ago too.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=603


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Tiny Whoop Killer! EMAX introduces a brushless tiny whoop [Eachine Cloned This One] TheRCking Micro Multirotor Drones 39 Jun 23, 2019 01:12 AM
Discussion WHOOP WHOOP It's Da Police ENGINETORQUE Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 May 10, 2014 08:04 AM
Question Emax vs. Top Racing sansjunk Power Systems 0 Aug 26, 2008 09:19 AM