Sep 17, 2019, 09:03 PM
Arming without props is fine - and recommended to check things out. I always do my setup and checkout on the bench without props. I run up the motors in Betaflight to make sure that they are all spinning in the correct direction before ever installing props.

Never have - never will buy a quad from Bangood! I want a vendor that will stand behind everything they sell since we are doing China's quality control testing on everything we buy.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
Never have - never will buy a quad from Bangood! I want a vendor that will stand behind everything they sell since we are doing China's quality control testing on everything we buy.
To be fair, Emax is at fault here. But banggood will do everything to complicate things unnecessarily for sure which is totally stupid if you sell stuff via Paypal and the customer is only one dispute away from the paid money
Sep 18, 2019, 08:46 AM
I know that a DOA quad isn't Banggood's fault but they are the ones selling them and if it's DOA, they should be the ones replacing it. I recognize that they have to weed out the scammers when dealing with returns but it's part of doing business. I don't really have any issues with Banggood but I trust the US suppliers to make things right so I try to buy from them. It's the same Chinese garbage but at least I am confident that I can get a replacement quickly if it's DOA.
I do buy stuff from Banggood - but it's usually fairly inexpensive parts that I am willing to take a loss on if they don't work. I also try to buy from their US warehouse to bypass the unpredictable shipping from China. I have had stuff take two months to finally arrive. I have no idea where the stuff was sitting for most of that time.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere
I do buy stuff from Banggood - but it's usually fairly inexpensive parts that I am willing to take a loss on if they don't work.
This will be my strategy from now on too. They also have a EU warehouse but nothing is ever available there.. for our hobby at least. They only offered me a 40$ refund for my freestyle that was around 105$ thats DOA and never flew.

My last hope to get it flying one day is to install a single 7A 1-2S ESC 1.2g (I have a few laying around of these for micro fpv wings, man theses things are tiny, as big as my pinky nail and really hard to get these days in the 4in1 age) With resource remapping the buzzer pin should be able to drive the single ESC, hope the FC is capable of doing that before more magic smoke escapes.

Wish me luck guys and happy flying
Sep 21, 2019, 03:18 PM
My buddy has the Emax Tinyhawk RTF bundle and today his Emax goggles “froze”. They turn on and show the current channel but do not show any video. The buttons are unresponsive. Power cycling does not seem to have an effect. We know his quad vtx is working fine because we can use my fat shark goggles to receive his video.

Are they dead? Any ideas for a way to revive his goggles?
Sep 23, 2019, 07:40 PM
As popular as the Tinyhawk and Tinyhawk Freestyle are claimed to be there is little to no activity on this thread. Is there another forum or another thread here, that has more activity?
Sep 23, 2019, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therberg
As popular as the Tinyhawk and Tinyhawk Freestyle are claimed to be there is little to no activity on this thread. Is there another forum or another thread here, that has more activity?
...they said, in post #2421

This thread was originally created for the OG Tinyhawk. There are dedicated threads for the Tinyhawk S and Tinyhawk Freestyle (there are others, just do a search). But, don't expect posts every hour, this isn't bookFace (thankfully).
Sep 26, 2019, 10:04 AM

Attaching two 1s lipos

I just got my new TinyHawk S but I have a bunch of 1s LiPos from the original TinyHawk. I'm thinking about replacing the standard cable with a small harness to attach two 1s lipo's in series for flying while still allowing to charge separately with two 1s charger ports.

Would that be a good idea or are there any downsides i'm not thinking about?
Sep 26, 2019, 04:03 PM
RC-addicted
On 2s, the motors get pretty hot, that's a downside.
Oct 02, 2019, 04:02 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Anyone running BF 4.x on the TinyHawk 1?
Loaded it, used the same PID's and Filter settings but can't get rid of some shacking while flying.
Handling is fine as I copied over the same rates and values I was using before but that damm shake, eats the Lipo faster and is annoying.
Oct 03, 2019, 06:31 PM
I set up mAh drawn on my OSD. But when i turn the Tinyhawk on the mAh drawn just goes up at an insanely high rate without ever stopping. Does anyone know what's up with that ?
Oct 05, 2019, 04:37 AM
Any idea why I can't get the green light while trying to bind (press bind + power connection ) ?
I have a Tinyhawk BNF and T6 transmitter from RTF bundle.
I entered CLI settings from EMAX youtube video, but still no green light at powering up while pressing bind button. Please help.

Is there something else to be done in betaflight ?
Oct 05, 2019, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind
Anyone running BF 4.x on the TinyHawk 1?
Loaded it, used the same PID's and Filter settings but can't get rid of some shacking while flying.
Handling is fine as I copied over the same rates and values I was using before but that damm shake, eats the Lipo faster and is annoying.
I've just flashed the escs with JESC to enable rpm filter and installed the 4.1rc6. It flies not bad, but there is some nasty propwash. Need to play with those sliders I guess.
Oct 05, 2019, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzersky
Any idea why I can't get the green light while trying to bind (press bind + power connection ) ?
I have a Tinyhawk BNF and T6 transmitter from RTF bundle.
I entered CLI settings from EMAX youtube video, but still no green light at powering up while pressing bind button. Please help.

Is there something else to be done in betaflight ?
Afaik. you don't need to press the button while you plug in the battery. At least with the Tinyhawk S you can just plug in the battery and THEN press the bind button. After that you enter bind mode on the transmitter and it should work.
Oct 06, 2019, 03:28 PM

motor not spinning

I am a 11 year old boy, I am borrowing my dads account. lately I have been getting into drones, my dad got 2 tinyhawk s drones to race. At first it was really fun and I learned to not crash into my house. I crashed A LOT though my camera began to jiggle, I (mostly my dad) had to pop it back into place and hot glue it. To do this I had to take out the board thingy in the drone, i'm not sure if that did something. The quad worked fine after.

Anyway one of my quads props stopped working, we switched motors with the other quad, and checked out the ESCs visually and they seemed fine. we put it on the ground to try to take a video of the problem. As soon as we armed the drone, it started working as if we had'nt spent the last half hour working with tiny bits and pieces. then as soon as I made a landing (crash) it stopped working. I am so confused plz help. Maybe dropping the quad on the padded floor is somehow jolting the FC and causing the issue (only one motor)?

This is dad: So the motor stopped working, then worked, then stopped again, for no obv reason. I connected to betaflight and now the motor doesnt spin up (it did before). Is this a motor connection problem? do we have to solder the motors to the ESCs? (how do you know the order of the wires on the pads?)

thanks for help.
Last edited by skinnydoc; Oct 06, 2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quick Reply