Aug 20, 2019, 02:15 PM
You guys are right, of course! These should work with any reasonable goggle / RX combo. I was just throwing a datapoint out there.

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 02:45 PM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugonl30
I bought the OwlRC module for my old Dom V2, was 100 bucks and now I get perfect reception with my Tinyhawk S.. Iím using the AXII 2 long range antenna and the TrueRC X-AIR patch. Overall very happy with the Tinyhawk S performance,. When going behind a few trees the signal does drastically degrade but simultaneously with the Rx RSSI, so if Iíd upgrade the VTx my Rx would be the limiting factor. Itís actually perfect for its purpose imho, messing around a little park with some occasional trees. I like that I never need to worry about damage, I can go for every little gap, hitting branches and just continue.

I ordered the Diatone GT-B229 to get a little more performance for bigger drops and moves, for a bigger flying area. Iím excited but also wary of it not having prop guards so Iíll probably be repairing more and walking around more looking for my quad.. definitely going to install a beeper. I tried Tinyhawk S on 2S but it felt like I was destroying the poor bug, everything was cooking hot.
In my videos I was using the latest version of the Owlrx as well.. my rapidfail finally did actually fail... The owl's performance is very close to the rapidfire and is compatible with everything.. also like the in goggle OSD and scanner..
Aug 20, 2019, 07:12 PM
I have just installed Project Mockingbird on my Tinyhawk 1S and WOW... In acro mode this is a totally different machine. It took me a few attempts to get the tuning right, and at one point roll and pitch were not working in rate mode...

One difference if I have noticed from the original tune is if you crash, or drag it along the floor, the motors pick up speed and it often loses control. This did not happen with the default tune. Any ideas?

Also, do many of you fly angle mode indoors or still stick to acro like me?
Aug 20, 2019, 09:05 PM

Emax TinyHawk - Racing Whoop? (1-2s) & FreeStyle TinyHawk

Just ordered a Tinyhawk Freestyle and I want to put a Flysky receiver in it, has anyone successfully done this? Can you send me a screenshot of the wiring that was need to do so please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 20, 2019, 10:24 PM
Anyone got good PID settings for the Tiny Hawk S on 1s?
Aug 20, 2019, 10:43 PM
Tinyhawk Freestyle - Hold My Beer (7 min 53 sec)

Timyhawk Freestyle. Nice copter. Flyís amazing but the vtx is not very good. Funny moment around the 5 min mark.
Aug 20, 2019, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

I've finally got my radio to bind so on to the next stupid question.

When I arm the props immediately spin up, then with any throttle input they seem to speed up and then stay spinning at that higher speed even though I throttle down . I don't think I changed anything in the BF setup, does this sound like anything obvious or is it time to start from scratch

PS I promise I used to be really good at this stuff but near 20 years out of the hobby has seen some changes, like where do I plug in my crystal
Aug 20, 2019, 11:31 PM
I think you're ok. The motors are trying to keep the quad level, but it's still on the ground. You'll just have to lift it up and see what happens
Aug 20, 2019, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyair
I think you're ok. The motors are trying to keep the quad level, but it's still on the ground. You'll just have to lift it up and see what happens
OK, I just flew a couple of LOS circuits of the lounge room, I think you got it in one! I'm not used to my aircraft 'helping' me so much I guess

Thanks for the help and quick reply. Now to work out this whole goggle thing
Aug 21, 2019, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
You run one of the most high end receivers on the market, the Rapidfire... That's why. It's been observed that high-end video receivers compensate for the "bad vtx." Your TH freestyle videos look great and I'm sure that's a huge part of it. Really nice flying BTW. I don't have a freestyle so I won't complain about it any further, was just making some observations.
I use Fat Shark HDO with the Rapidfire module, and both my Emax quads (Babyhawk 85mm and Tinyhawk S) look *significantly worse* in my goggles (and in the DVR footage), than any of my other models. Significantly worse! The cameras' transitions from light to dark (and vice versa) are slow, the images are too contrasty with very little detail in both the highlights and shadows, and there is significantly more breakup in the goggles and DVR footage. I guess the Rapidfire can only do so much! If anything, the now old Babyhawk is as "good" as the current Tinyhawk S, and the Babyhawk is quite a few years old now. It's almost like Emax have a huge bin of old, crappy cameras and VTXs that they need to use up first, before they start putting anything better on their quads.
Aug 21, 2019, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnoodle
I use Fat Shark HDO with the Rapidfire module, and both my Emax quads (Babyhawk 85mm and Tinyhawk S) look *significantly worse* in my goggles (and in the DVR footage), than any of my other models. Significantly worse! The cameras' transitions from light to dark (and vice versa) are slow, the images are too contrasty with very little detail in both the highlights and shadows, and there is significantly more breakup in the goggles and DVR footage. I guess the Rapidfire can only do so much! If anything, the now old Babyhawk is as "good" as the current Tinyhawk S, and the Babyhawk is quite a few years old now. It's almost like Emax have a huge bin of old, crappy cameras and VTXs that they need to use up first, before they start putting anything better on their quads.
I have exactly this setup, and they are my only quads so I have nothing to compare to. I would like to know if other people have experienced this?
Aug 21, 2019, 07:01 AM
United States, NC, Cary
Anyone know where to find the 1103 motors for the freestyle? I did not see them on emax site.

Little dangerous to buy a quad you can't get motors for.
Aug 21, 2019, 07:31 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver4
Anyone know where to find the 1103 motors for the freestyle? I did not see them on emax site.

Little dangerous to buy a quad you can't get motors for.

Race Day Quads has quite a selection of 1103 motors.

John
Aug 21, 2019, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by controlz
I have exactly this setup, and they are my only quads so I have nothing to compare to. I would like to know if other people have experienced this?
For further reference, the Emax quads are not the worst that I have seen. It's just that the ones that were worse were also much, much cheaper, with one notable exception - the Fat Shark CCD cam supplied with the Vortex 150 mini was just awful! I'd take an Emax FPV cam over FatShark any day!

The one thing that I can say is that Emax FPV cams have a certain, unmistakable, "Emax look" to them. The picture is darker overall than I get from other cameras and VTX combos (Emax cameras seem to expose for the highlights). The one thing that you can say about them is that they are consistent - you can recognise when you are watching FPV feed from an Emax quad, and they both look and behave the same (and my Tinyhawk, which is now sold, looked exactly the same too).
Aug 21, 2019, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by controlz
I also have HDO/RF all the latest batch. 3rd person who has this issue. Get this, my orgional Tiny Hawk has 0 issues. VTX/Camera are flawless no lines artifacts no RF noise or flickering... no breakup is what I am saying. i fly both my Tiny Hawk S models and get TONS of breakup.

My first Tiny Hawk has 0 issues with the camera. Both my Tiny Hawk S cameras are flickering, noise, waves on the screens and I am on the correct channel. I have no idea why I am getting so much lines and flickering when my original Tiny Hawk has perfect picture(I am using legacy mode only). I have no idea why as well... I can't get over it that my brand new Tiny Hawk S have that issue with the camera and I cannot figure out why it's got lines and breakup. The lighting is always bad on Tiny Hawk original and S Cameras but on the Tiny Hawk Freetyle I heard it has a slightly better camera(too me looks the same). Have you guys figured out your issues or have the dame issue as me with the choppy vtx?

Like I said, I have a original Tiny Hawk to compare to that is literally flawless. It has not breakup or flickering or any camera or vtx issues like BOTH my Tiny Hawk S do. I still have no idea why.
Last edited by AnimalMother_; Aug 21, 2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quick Reply