Nov 02, 2018, 06:07 PM
Racer.Lt Owner
Thread OP
Discussion

Emax TinyHawk - Racing Whoop? (1-2s)

Emax just announced the new product line TinyHawkS 2S

Emax TinyhawkS 75mm F4 OSD 1-2S Micro Indoor FPV Racing Drone BNF w/ 600TVL CMOS Camera

Now listed for pre-orders: https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyha...487447201403QO

Emax new product line TinyHawk 1S
Now listed for orders: https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyha..._content=10344

Also now available and RTF version

New props for turtle mode!
from BangGood

1S brushless quad under 22Gr, planing to release and 2S version

Know Power problem: Add Cap on voltage pads.

Emax Tiny Hawk Voltage Issue FIXED/how to (7 min 22 sec)

Props: https://www.banggood.com/2-Pairs-Emax-Tinyhawk-Propeller-Diameter-40mm-p-1385442.html

Motors: https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyhawk-Brushless-Motor-15000KV-1S-p-1385436.html

Original Battery: https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyhawk-1S-80C160C-HV-450mah-Lipo-p-1389237.html

Original TinyHawk Frame kit: https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyhawk-75mm-Polypropylene-Frame-Kit-p-1389907.html

More frame colors: Here at BG

Feature:
- 75mm Indoor racing drone
- 08025 brushless motor with durable ball bearing for increase flight and low maintenance
- Durable polypropylene plastic frame with propeller guards
- Motor beeper function. Find your tinyhawk after a crash
- Speeds up to 56kph
- Up to 4 minutes flight time on single battery
- Fast F4 Processor for smooth stable flight characteristics
- MPU6000 gyro for vibration free operations
- Unique inverted motor design to keep CG as low as possible to fit in the smallest of spaces
- 25mw VTX and 600tvl Camera included for fun FPV flight via FPV style goggles
- Smart Audio function to change VTX channel via your transmitter
- OSD settings control to customize flight feel
- Pre-tuned from factory with expert pilots and new pilots in mind. 3 rate profile settings for all types of flying feel
- Plug in type motors for easy maintenance
- 1s High Voltage (HV) 450mah lipo included
- Frsky compatible D8 receiver built in to FC
- Custom carbon fiber themed carrying case

Package Included:
1 x Tinyhawk FPV Racing Drone
1 x Light weight soft carry case, with carbon fiber look
1 x USB High Voltage capable 4 port USB Charger
1 x 1s High Voltage (HV) 450mah lipo battery. GNB powered

Planing price mark of 99.99$ and 150$~ for Full PNF

EMAX - Introducing Tinyhawk (1 min 6 sec)

EMAX - Tinyhawk - Pushing New Boundaries (2 min 3 sec)

-- First owners --

Emax - TinyHawk 😁 - $99.99 (12 min 40 sec)

EMAX Tiny Hawk 1s Brushless Whoop (5 min 54 sec)

EMAX TinyHawk Racing Whoop Review 🔥🔥🔥 (20 min 15 sec)

EMAX - Tiny Hawk - Review (24 min 45 sec)

EMAX TINYHAWK - OFFICIAL RELEASE - THE COMPLETE REVIEW 🔥🔥🔥 (25 min 47 sec)

TinyHawk or Mobula7? 🤔 (10 min 8 sec)

Emax Tinyhawk BnF Micro With More Performance Than Tiny Whoop (19 min 29 sec)

Get in line for tinyHawk:
DropShipper/Affiliate link https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyha..._content=10344

Forum link: https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyha...p-1375328.html
Real clean link for copy/past: _https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyhawk-Indoor-FPV-p-1375328.html
Last edited by Frimen; Jun 05, 2019 at 06:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2018, 06:39 PM
Looking forward to the first comparison with the Mobula7!
I need something for inside the house for the winter.
Was thinking of going with a US65 but not so sure anymore.
Nov 02, 2018, 07:09 PM
I love the modula7/beta fpv users getting hurt feelings because they fell for the hype of 2s , now try to poke at this emax product, oh well, I knew there is something to compete with them, this is what I've been wanting. No fancy range, color schemes, etc. I just want to plug in and go, looks so fun to pull out of the box and have a blast,
Nov 02, 2018, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3
I love the modula7/beta fpv users getting hurt feelings because they fell for the hype of 2s , now try to poke at this emax product, oh well, I knew there is something to compete with them, this is what I've been wanting. No fancy range, color schemes, etc. I just want to plug in and go, looks so fun to pull out of the box and have a blast,
This doesnt even come close to a beta or mobula 2s. Even my custom 65mm will step all over this
Nov 02, 2018, 08:47 PM
preordered. I was sold after watching Nick's review. A. Kim's got one too. Looks great to me
Nov 02, 2018, 09:40 PM
I love 65 1s for tight indoors.
The mobula 7 will for me be for outdoor, parks, playgrounds and large indoor racing areas.

I feel the tiny hawk is a competitor for the later with the m7. But with no 2s it will be interesting to see it compare. Some reviewers have had it fail safe so I think 2s will help there.
A 3A esc seems a tad low.
Seems to have yaw wash ... I hope they fix that.
love it that the motors have bearings!
Looking forward to see how it goes really want to buy one after it shows to prove it self, reminds me of my old rs90.
Nov 02, 2018, 10:27 PM
Preorders at banggood already.
https://www.banggood.com/Emax-Tinyha...p-1375328.html
Last edited by Merch; Nov 02, 2018 at 10:37 PM.
Nov 02, 2018, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboed13b
This doesnt even come close to a beta or mobula 2s. Even my custom 65mm will step all over this
I’m pretty sure his point is that for a Whoop, 2s is as bad as it gets. It’s too much for indoors and gets beat by other non-whooped 2s options. It doesn’t do anything well trying to do a bit of everything at once.

People who jumped at the idea of a 2S Whoop found out it’s not fun in most situations. The glory of the Whoop was that it was the right size and weight and speed for a given environment. A little more power was good, a lot more power was too much inside and not enough with the big sail of a prop guard outside.

This at least knows it’s environment and should be a blast inside. Keeping the in the house capability is the only way I can see this style frame making sense. I spent my money on a different option but this seems well built none the less. Maybe as time goes I’ll grab one as a spare so a couple of us can race around.
Nov 03, 2018, 01:04 AM
2nd in command
EMAX - Tiny Hawk - Review (24 min 45 sec)
Nov 03, 2018, 01:49 AM

2s vs 1s vs speed

It seems a lot of focus has been given on 1s and 2s and speed.

I would like to add some points in hopes builders read this and we get options to suit.

This micro whoop space needs 2 types of quads at least.

1) As small as possible with as much control as possible to allow flyers to make any tight indoor space a massive playground.
Speed is not essential here, and so 1s has done well. However with the right matched motor kv 2s could be just as good and give less issues around battery say you can get on small 1s batteries.
I think there is a good market here for a well matched 65mm or smaller brushless quad to use small 2s batteries.

Just imagine a brushless cheerson with an FPV cam!!!

2) Size up from 1 above but designed more for racing and larger areas, like playgrounds, parks and large indoor areas for racing.
2s will naturally have the advantage for this size as the increase volts will get you more out of the motors.
To cater for different racing styles an adjustable camera would be needed
A crash resistant frame too is needed.

I think the tiny hawk is aimed at the second spot.
Nov 03, 2018, 06:19 AM
I wish that it were smaller. I will probably only use it for indoors and I guess that's what most people would use it for right? Outdoors I can just go 2"-5" anyway.
Nov 03, 2018, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fa1con
I wish that it were smaller. I will probably only use it for indoors and I guess that's what most people would use it for right? Outdoors I can just go 2"-5" anyway.
I agree at 1s smaller would have been much better.

Emax, how about a nano hawk at 50mm motor to motor
Nov 03, 2018, 08:10 AM
It all comes down to where you are going to fly and what size of house you live in, I live in a small house so the UR65 is perfect,for outdoors it's the snapper6 untill my mobula7 arrives
Nov 03, 2018, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2
I’m pretty sure his point is that for a Whoop, 2s is as bad as it gets. It’s too much for indoors and gets beat by other non-whooped 2s options. It doesn’t do anything well trying to do a bit of everything at once.

People who jumped at the idea of a 2S Whoop found out it’s not fun in most situations. The glory of the Whoop was that it was the right size and weight and speed for a given environment. A little more power was good, a lot more power was too much inside and not enough with the big sail of a prop guard outside.

This at least knows it’s environment and should be a blast inside. Keeping the in the house capability is the only way I can see this style frame making sense. I spent my money on a different option but this seems well built none the less. Maybe as time goes I’ll grab one as a spare so a couple of us can race around.
You realize these things can hover, right?

Eventually there is a limit where a quad really can't be flown inside, but the 2s whoops are still within that range. Lower the camera angle and learn to arrest speed in the turns and you can fly it indoors. Then you can still take it outdoors and still fly it.

Do you subscribe to the popular theory around here that people who don't own products aren't qualified to talk about them?
Nov 03, 2018, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy2

The props and frame size makes this pretty much an outdoor quad same with other 75mm whoops. Yes they can fly indoor but a much lighter and smaller 65mm does the job way better.

Outdoor 2s is better in every way although I do fly my 1s 65mm outdoor with great success but my builds would be considered high performance whoops.

If this was a 65mm equivalent I would be all about it then it would be able to compete with actual whoops in a tight indoor environment.
Last edited by turboed13b; Nov 03, 2018 at 10:19 AM.

Quick Reply