Jul 09, 2019, 05:05 PM
I'm flying my TH with X-Lite and I really like it. I wouldn't mess with FlySky stuff. They are just not in the same league as FrSky.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2019, 07:14 AM
I'll only bump this once but just to simplify my rambling post

Has anyone had any luck binding a Flysky Nirvana to a TinyHawk?

If not I'm thinking the cheaper option will be to buy a new quad that will bind to the Flysky, so anyone want to suggest a good micro/toothpick that I could pickup from BG, the TH might be good for spares???
Jul 10, 2019, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoey
I'll only bump this once but just to simplify my rambling post

Has anyone had any luck binding a Flysky Nirvana to a TinyHawk?

If not I'm thinking the cheaper option will be to buy a new quad that will bind to the Flysky, so anyone want to suggest a good micro/toothpick that I could pickup from BG, the TH might be good for spares???
TinyHawk comes with Frsky receiver, unless you have multiprotocol on your FlySky or you place a Flysky receiver on the TinyHawk you will not be able to bind it.
Jul 11, 2019, 11:05 AM
Hello, has anyone changed the tinyhawk s to runcam nano2? Thanks
Jul 12, 2019, 12:45 PM
I have no intention of running 2s or acro. Is there an easy way to setup project mockingbird for only angle mode?
Jul 12, 2019, 04:24 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1185
I have no intention of running 2s or acro. Is there an easy way to setup project mockingbird for only angle mode?
just follow one of the mockingbird setup guides.
Jul 13, 2019, 03:21 PM
I have just received my tinyhawkS. Does not power up via lipo. When i connect via usb i can see the bird in betaflight and its moving as I move it. So no dice with lipo (same lipo works fine on my normal tinyhawk). Does anybody have any clue about what might be the problem? Is it a lemon?
Jul 13, 2019, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martainke
I have just received my tinyhawkS. Does not power up via lipo. When i connect via usb i can see the bird in betaflight and its moving as I move it. So no dice with lipo (same lipo works fine on my normal tinyhawk). Does anybody have any clue about what might be the problem? Is it a lemon?
Might be a bad solder to the fc. You have any soldering skills? Try jiggling the ph2.0 connector after its plugged in, might be a bad crimp
Jul 14, 2019, 12:21 PM
is there any good deal on this one? Or any other similar tiny quad?
Jul 16, 2019, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1185
I have no intention of running 2s or acro.
I felt the same way at first but found that flying quads is so much more fun in acro mode! It gives you so much more control and you aren't fighting the gyro constantly. If you have trouble adapting to acro mode try a sim like FPV Freerider Recharged, that made a huge difference in my confidence flying acro mode.
Jul 16, 2019, 08:47 AM
No Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeburner
I felt the same way at first but found that flying quads is so much more fun in acro mode! It gives you so much more control and you aren't fighting the gyro constantly. If you have trouble adapting to acro mode try a sim like FPV Freerider Recharged, that made a huge difference in my confidence flying acro mode.
+1. Dare to try it, simulators are pretty good and way cheaper. Also vote for more "S" power!

Now if I launch accidentally in stabilised mode it takes me some time to realize nothing is actually wrong with the quadcopter! It just needs more work to fly.

crash7X
Jul 16, 2019, 10:15 AM
biggest thing i regret with quads is not switching to acro sooner.
Jul 16, 2019, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
biggest thing i regret with quads is not switching to acro sooner.
Ditto!

I remember everyone telling me to just fly acro but, I was thinking that it was just hype and that Angle mode was perfectly fine for me.

I spent entirely too long in Angle mode, and could fly it extremely well. Then, when I tried switching to Acro, I flew so badly in that mode that I just wanted to keep switching back to Angle. It was only when I completely ditched Angle and really committed to Acro, then it really clicked.

I do think that staying in Angle mode for too long helped me hone my throttle control (although, that was probably more to do with the fact that I learned to fly Acro without Air mode). But, I do wish that I'd just skipped Angle mode altogether, I know that my flying would be so much better by now, if I had.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Jul 16, 2019 at 10:44 AM.
Jul 16, 2019, 11:43 AM
I mostly flew horizon with airmode, with the auto level tuned way back, so the transition wasn't hard at all. but i still wish i had just started in acro from day one.
Jul 16, 2019, 01:15 PM
Not crashing = Not flying!
I only fly acro outside.

Quick Reply