Feb 25, 2020, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelucid
The pids have to slow the other motors down if one motor can't operate at full power. Otherwise the quad would tilt. So the weakest motor determines motor output. It sounds like you'll have to replace the broken motor.
Thank you for your explanation... guess I'll go that route then, I only wish I could grab a 0802 motor easily, they don't seem to be available in the stores I've checked (the ones that could deliver in less than 15 days, I mean)... I'll have a to wait, meh...

Thanks again!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2020, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaLupi
Note: I cleaned as much as I could this and the other motors from the stuff I collected when crashing around the house.

[...]

And lastly: how can I fix this? Should I solder at least the incriminated motor to the board?

[...]

Andrea
Andrea, I would give soldering the motor a try even if you cleaned up the contact
Feb 25, 2020, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furna
Andrea, I would give soldering the motor a try even if you cleaned up the contact
Yes, considering that the motor is otherwise going into the trash (actually no, it would go into the scraps pile that I keep as "you'll never know when it could be useful"), I've got nothing to lose trying cutting the wires and solder it... If it fails, I'll just order the new one...

I'll give it a shot this evening, thank you!
Feb 25, 2020, 08:57 AM
Beach Bum

Motor malfunction

I have the Freestyle and have an issue with one of the motors not running properly. It tries to spin but very little. Motor is clear of any debris and feels normal when turning by hand. Here is a video showing its behavior. Not sure how to diagnose this.
February 13, 2020 (0 min 30 sec)
Feb 25, 2020, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve FliesLow
I have the Freestyle and have an issue with one of the motors not running properly. It tries to spin but very little. Motor is clear of any debris and feels normal when turning by hand. Here is a video showing its behavior. Not sure how to diagnose this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51njxB7rYn4
Swap it with another one ... I am afraid it can be an ESC issue ... that means you have to replace al of them
Feb 29, 2020, 04:30 PM
United States, NC, Cary
I have the original TinyHawk with the FrSky d8 receiver.
Are there any new FrSky transmitters that will work with it?

I broke my FrSky X-Lite transmitter today and am not sure what to buy.
Feb 29, 2020, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver4
I have the original TinyHawk with the FrSky d8 receiver.
Are there any new FrSky transmitters that will work with it?

I broke my FrSky X-Lite transmitter today and am not sure what to buy.
None of the new official ones, AFAIK. Not without adding an XJT or multiprotocol module.

Maybe you can find another non-ACCESS X-Lite somewhere. There are bound to be a few sellers that still have them. Or, there is the Jumper radios, as an option.
Feb 29, 2020, 07:10 PM
United States, NC, Cary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal Flux
None of the new official ones, AFAIK. Not without adding an XJT or multiprotocol module.

Maybe you can find another non-ACCESS X-Lite somewhere. There are bound to be a few sellers that still have them. Or, there is the Jumper radios, as an option.
Exactly what I thought. FrSky sure has made a mess of things.

If I move to Jumper is the XM+ module still safe?
Feb 29, 2020, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver4
Exactly what I thought. FrSky sure has made a mess of things.

If I move to Jumper is the XM+ module still safe?
Yes, the Jumpers have multiprotocol modules so, they'll bind to an XM+ receiver (as long as it hasn't be updated to the new ACCST2.0 firmware).

However, there is a Freq.Fine calibration that you may or may not need to do. This also applies if you use a multiprotocol module on an official FrSky radio.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Feb 29, 2020 at 08:45 PM.
Mar 01, 2020, 10:41 AM
Beach Bum

Race Day Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furna
Swap it with another one ... I am afraid it can be an ESC issue ... that means you have to replace al of them
I replaced the motor and problem solved, thank you!

Found a good U.S. seller to buy from, RaceDayQuads. Ten dollars for motor, a few bucks for propellers and shipping was only three fifty, as it should be. Too many places charge too much for shipping small orders
Mar 03, 2020, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know the size of header pins that are used for the video?
Mar 04, 2020, 04:17 PM
Racer.Lt Owner
Thread OP
Finally The TinyHawk II - RACE edition!

Will be available after Marc 31
Preorder at BangGood

First chosen ones:

TinyHawk II - Race (7 min 7 sec)

EMAX TINYHAWK 2 RACE - Review 🏆 (14 min 37 sec)
Mar 04, 2020, 04:29 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
I've seen Nick Burns fly it, and so far not overly impressed. It seems to not handle a breeze very well, also some propwash in hard turns, and a few other things. It's not bad, but I've seen better lately. Maybe that will change after seeing more reviews, but so far it doesn't make me go like "I need to have this".
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 04, 2020, 05:59 PM
Racer.Lt Owner
Thread OP
yes propwash is there, and it's big, but it really would be great if frame was little bigger for 2.5" props and lighter runcam racer 3 nano cam.
Mar 04, 2020, 06:40 PM
The quad is ok, but I would like to get hold of a set of the 1103 7000kv motors.....

Quick Reply