CrewZinn Flight Deck - RC Work and CG Stand

RCGroups member KnuckleCurve started a business and created the coolest airplane stand and CG machine that we've ever seen, come check it out.

Splash

USA Made Work and CG Stand for Model Aircraft

OK this is pretty cool! RCGroups member KnuckleCurve reached out to let me know he recently started a new business call CrewZinn. He manufactures an RC Airplane Work Stand with an integrated CG testing system using high quality materials for a superior product over the cheap foam and plastic holders on the market. There's more to it than just the beauty of the materials and craftsmanship, it also provides functionality that no other stand offers.

At first glance, you might think it is just a stand that holds your airplane which is cool all by itself as it gives you a safe way to secure your model when you need to work on it, but there's more! The stand also serves as a CG machine with two CG measurement sticks that are stored on the stand itself and are ready when you need them. The sticks can be adjusted to fit a wide range of models from micros on up to 1600+mm wingspans. There are two different ends you can use on the CG sticks depending on the model you have. They also give you some nice CG stickers that help prevent dents in foam models.

This things looks great and the quality shows in the laser cut brushed aluminum support plates and solid maple cross members. It uses stainless hardware and has a brilliant magnetic strip on the stand for keeping loose model hardware from getting lost. The stand has grippy feet on the bottom to keep it in place and the foam on top will hold your plane without damaging it. I love the look and features and the fact that it's made right here in the USA from an RCGroups member is icing on the cake.

Check out the CrewZinn RC Work and CG Stand Here

Nov 02, 2018, 12:12 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
This is a great idea! Well done.
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Nov 02, 2018, 10:49 PM
Price?
Latest blog entry: H9 110" DHC-2 Beaver
Nov 03, 2018, 06:09 AM
RCG Admin
$85
Nov 04, 2018, 03:35 AM
What a huge improvement over the Robart Super Stand2 I've been using for a decade!

I'll probably pick one up before my next small build. Would love to see this offered in a larger size, perhaps able to hold up to 1/4 scale.
Nov 04, 2018, 06:27 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I like it , seems like it would work for a CG on larger planes , possible 20 to 30 lbs ? Thoughts ?
I also like the added look of the foam support, I have more damage to paint and foam from transporting planes on thin supports .
Nov 04, 2018, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
I like it , seems like it would work for a CG on larger planes , possible 20 to 30 lbs ? Thoughts ?
I also like the added look of the foam support, I have more damage to paint and foam from transporting planes on thin supports .
I really doubt this stand's CG posts can handle 20-30 lbs.
... it states it was designed for 1600mm (62in) at the large side, I would not be putting heavy birds on the CG posts.

Perhaps the stand portion could handle a big bird, as long as it is tall enough to get the landing gear off the table.
Nov 04, 2018, 01:42 PM
Dayton,NV
Just ordered one with extra CG stickers.Over the last two years I have been flying EDF Jets along with my larger gas aerobatic planes.This stand looks great for working on the EDF's along with being able to CG them.I don't mind paying a little more for quality and this looks well built and thought out.Will post review when I get it.
Nov 04, 2018, 08:46 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Are the CG rods carbon fiber similar to bow & arrow material ?
Nov 04, 2018, 11:32 PM
RCG Admin
They are carbon rods. I have one coming tomorrow for a review, looking forward to checking it out.
Nov 04, 2018, 11:38 PM
Grumpa Tom
Any info on the dimensions and weight of this stand?
Nov 05, 2018, 03:16 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thanks Jason , carbon rods into the thick dowels and aluminum end supports may have a surprising weight tolerance.
Nov 05, 2018, 07:04 PM
Here are the rough dimensions of the stand:

LENGTH: 22"
HEIGHT: 8.5"
WIDTH: 6.5"

Regarding the weight capacity of the CG sticks. The sticks are thick walled carbon fiber, so they're capable of supporting just about any RC anywhere. The standard pads, however, do create some limitations. Here is what we currently recommend:

(this is from the instruction manual, which can be viewed here:
https://www.crewzinn.com/instruction-manual/

CG TESTING WEIGHT LIMIT

Use caution when testing planes over 12 pounds with the standard CG pads. There is a theoretical weight limit to the CG testing capability of Flight Deck when using the standard CG pads. This is an inexact science, however as the first point of failure will be the plug in the standard CG pads. Because the plugs are secured with adhesive its difficult to established a definite, consistent failure point. We have repeatedly tested up to 16 pounds without failure, however. If you intend to test planes heavier than 12 pounds, routinely check that the plugs have not dislodged. The carbon fiber CG sticks with the standard CG pads removed, however, can support hundreds of pounds.
Last edited by KnuckleCurve; Nov 06, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
Nov 05, 2018, 07:06 PM
The stand weight is 2lbs +/- a couple of ounces.
Nov 06, 2018, 01:19 AM
Grumpa Tom
Thanks for the stat's. It's a nice looking stand.

Quick Reply