Apr 30, 2020, 01:20 PM
Safe landings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor Link
New Pi camera Sony 12mp
Cmount lenses
https://www.buyapi.ca/product/raspbe...aign=HQ+Camera
Full resolution @60 frame/s (Normal), 4K2K @60 frame/s (Normal), 1080p @240 frame/s
Full resolution @40 frame/s (12 bit Normal), Full resolution @30 frame/s (DOL-HDR, 2 frame)

So who is going to be the first to run 1080 60fps on openHD?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2020, 02:06 PM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
240fps would be very interesting for shorter range but low latency FPV racing. But not sure how well it works with the Pi hardware encoder/decoder.
Apr 30, 2020, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysharp
BEC(5V5A) welding GPIO pin.
Two AC56 on the Ground is like the attached photo.
Try something like this with thick wires!
May 01, 2020, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotnbr1
Try something like this with thick wires!
Thank you, pilotnbr1.
AC56 x2 in Ground have been executed for more than an hour, and now everything is running normally.
May 02, 2020, 04:36 AM
I'll try again

Can anyone put in a simple bulletform what is needed to "port" current OpenHD to another SBC? I am aware that there needs to be new drivers and so on but more in detail. What is needed to make it fit (if possible) another SBC like banana pi or similar?
May 02, 2020, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Goast
Full resolution @60 frame/s (Normal), 4K2K @60 frame/s (Normal), 1080p @240 frame/s
Full resolution @40 frame/s (12 bit Normal), Full resolution @30 frame/s (DOL-HDR, 2 frame)

So who is going to be the first to run 1080 60fps on openHD?
I guess the CS/C lens will be to heavy.
May 02, 2020, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavlingedude
I'll try again

Can anyone put in a simple bulletform what is needed to "port" current OpenHD to another SBC? I am aware that there needs to be new drivers and so on but more in detail. What is needed to make it fit (if possible) another SBC like banana pi or similar?
If youre thinking about giving it a try, its going to depend on what youre porting to, what your objectives are. For something banana pi, I guess bullet 1 would be the OS, does it run raspbian stretch/buster and then next the ohd image builder.
May 02, 2020, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesRide
If you’re thinking about giving it a try, it’s going to depend on what you’re porting to, what your objectives are. For something banana pi, I guess bullet 1 would be the OS, does it run raspbian stretch/buster and then next the ohd image builder.
The only thing I am interessted of is the image. I do not care about the RC part.
The banana pi runs following :

Android 4.4
Armbian
Retropi
Raspbian
Ubuntu.

http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_...#Image_Release

I use the OpenHD for other purposes. I am not so interessted of latency and such - my interesst is only streaming HD image over longer distances (if this will help )

And here is the BSP :

https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-M2Z-bsp
Last edited by Kavlingedude; May 02, 2020 at 06:34 AM.
May 02, 2020, 07:51 AM
I see, so why not use a raspberry pi - it seems like that would be less effort
May 03, 2020, 03:23 AM
@Htcohio
can you please post Telegram link in the firs post?
May 03, 2020, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse
@Htcohio
can you please post Telegram link in the firs post?
Open.HD Users
This Open.HD group is intended to replace or supplement the Open.HD RCGroups Forum which is outdated and difficult to share media.
https://t.me/OpenHD_HDFPV
May 03, 2020, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyriesRide
I see, so why not use a raspberry pi - it seems like that would be less effort
I am planning to do business (maybe) in the future and you cannot for sourcing reasons use RPI due to their "One SBC per person" policy.
You will also have control over your "own design" of the PCBA making it possible to customize it to 100% and thus get it cheaper.

Just for information. My business idea is "open source" so anyone can, when I go live, copy the busieness idea. I have a second thought/step that will be the real business and that one will not be open.
But for the OpenHD all I use will be used with full transparency and feedback.

So my first step is to find someone who can help to "re-write" the current OpenHD so it fits more SBCs. When this is done I will go live with the project and do a fund raising.
I have a few RPI prototypes which works super. I have made my own design of Tx and Rx that I am very happy with. In the Tx I do a passive alignment of the sensor so I will get good corner focus. I use a 12 mm M12 lens, but these are exchangeable. With an adaptor (so you can change the flange back distance) you can also use C/CS mount lenses.
I could of cource go live with RPI but most of the new idea implementations usually falls due to taking to light on the sourcing part.
I have AI guy in Munich helping me with the analysis of the image stream. Conti (here on the forum) has written an embryo to an app that I am trying to improve. I have one mechanical engineer taking care of the design and future production, one PM in china taking care of the sourcing part and me as the project manager.
Now I am lacking a guy within knowledge in Linux sp if anyone here think that this looks interesting then PM me

May 03, 2020, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavlingedude
I'll try again

For the ground side, linux support will roll out in next couple weeks.

It will be possible to plug nics into an x86 linux platform and run all ground functions.

Air might come down the road but for now the pi do a pretty good job... do not take the stability and broad support of the pi for granted.
May 03, 2020, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotnbr1
For the ground side, linux support will roll out in next couple weeks.

It will be possible to plug nics into an x86 linux platform and run all ground functions.

Air might come down the road but for now the pi do a pretty good job... do not take the stability and broad support of the pi for granted.
Ok. Thanx.

Ground Linux support - sweet. For a noob like me does that mean that if you have a SBC running lets say rasbian it will work?
So I can run like Open.HD on Air side with RPI and then ground on lets say Banan pi with rasbian?
Sorr t for all stupid questions. I am just collecting info if I find a linux guy.
May 03, 2020, 09:41 AM
Im running wifibroadcast on Pis (zero and Pi3) on the air side and with x86 on the ground side. In my case, Ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop (a getac v110).
Im using 2,4Ghz atheros wlan adapters.

Quick Reply