Nov 01, 2018, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Rosenthal and EMS Scale Sailplanes at AMA show

I understand Bruce Devisser and Brian Chan will be representing Rosenthal and EMS at the AMA show LA County Fairgrounds Pomona this coming weekend, I heard rumors that all tables/booths are sold out and the show is full. Good that scale Sailplanes will be represented by Bruce and Brian, but I’m wondering if the other booths will be filled with non aviation items like boats cars and arts n crafts. SoaringUSA will also be there so we have something to look forward to besides drones, or what I call “cockroaches”!
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2018, 03:46 PM
High Lift Coefficient
EMS has been resurrected?
Nov 01, 2018, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
EMS never really went away, Ralf Scheifle is the company and he’s still active, Mark Foster has been flying an EMS Arcus for several years. I guess we will find out more at the show, I “heard” that Bruce was bringing in EMS, I hope it’s true.
Nov 01, 2018, 05:28 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
what I call “cockroaches”!
Unfortunately they don't disappear when the light gets turned on . . . ;>)

Joe
Nov 01, 2018, 08:49 PM
Does that mean that Rosenthal are back in business too?
Nov 01, 2018, 10:18 PM
Thread OP
Good question for the exhibitors when I am there this weekend. The original “Rosenthal” has gone through many transitions, the models being turned out today are as good or better than the old versions as they have added carbon to the the wings where it did not exist before and glass technology has gotten better. Hopefully Bruce can add info to this thread after the AMA show to enlighten us. I’m just happy that there will be 3 separate vendors offering scale Sailplanes at the show as Horizon will have the new ASH-31 on display as well.
Nov 02, 2018, 12:04 AM
Team Horizon
It’s definitely worth coming to the show to see the Rosenthal USA stuff along with the ASH 31. Alberto of Hobby Club will also be there in a booth next to Bruce. They have 5 tables of space for the 2 of them. Bruce is now a Choco Fly dealer as well as Thunderbird and several other premium brands from Europe. He will have an Orbis and a Schambeck sls on display in addition to an EMS Nimbus 4 and a new Choco Fly sport class GPS racer. Be there or be square.
Nov 02, 2018, 11:59 AM
yyz
yyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelby
... Be there or be square.
Nice!
Nov 02, 2018, 12:08 PM
I'm a glider pilot really.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
Good question for the exhibitors when I am there this weekend. The original “Rosenthal” has gone through many transitions, the models being turned out today are as good or better than the old versions as they have added carbon to the the wings where it did not exist before and glass technology has gotten better. Hopefully Bruce can add info to this thread after the AMA show to enlighten us. I’m just happy that there will be 3 separate vendors offering scale Sailplanes at the show as Horizon will have the new ASH-31 on display as well.
I'd be very interested in what's happening with Rosenthal because as far as I'm aware they don't exist any more and aren't producing anything and haven't for some time. If you look at the website there are the very last moulds being sold off and few bits and pieces. It would be great if they were resurrected but I would have thought the business model was very difficult these days...

Simon
Nov 02, 2018, 12:48 PM
Thread OP
I’ll take plenty of pictures to post and ask the right questions. I did see a recent 1/3 ASK-13 and it was as nice or better than anything past. But builders are so rare now I do wonder about the business model being successful.
Nov 03, 2018, 01:04 AM

Rosenthal USA is alive and well...

Thanks Dennis and Rick for posting updates from the AMA Expo. Simon is correct, the Rosenthal Manufacturer in Germany went into bankruptcy in 2017, and has sold off their stock and tooling. I suspended my business while things were being settled, carefully lined up new suppliers, and re-launched today at the Expo under the Rosenthal Models USA banner (the actual company name behind this is still OH Marketing LLC). I am carrying EMS, limited Rosenthals, Tomahawk, F-W Models, ChocoFly, Fraesfritz, Schambeck, Orbis, BM Products (1:3~1:2 scale all aluminum retracts with disc brake, tow releases, auto winders, etc). The web site is back up but is just a landing page at the moment - it will be fleshed out soon.

In the process I retained brand name rights for the USA and acquired some of the molds, which will be ready for production soon for the following models:
Cessna L-19 Bird Dog 4m towplane (all molded)
Rallye Morane 4m towplane (all molded)
1:2 scale ASW-27/28, ASG-29 in 7, 8, 9m
ASW-22 7m
ASK-18 3.5m (great for slope or FES)
Grob G-109 4.7m Motor Glider
RF-5 5.66m Motor Glider for Electric or gas

These will be offered initially as fuselage only, or full kits. I actually had 2 inquiries at the Expo for fuselages - yay builders team!

I am in the process of "discovery" to find out who has the other 'good' molds, like the 1:3 ASW-15, 40% LS-4, 40% Pilatus B-4, etc.

For example, Tomahawk Aviation has the 1:3 ASK-13 molds and has updated them and re-released the model. They flew the prototype at the Schwabmunchen (Germany) Glider Trade Show in July - I examined it there and watched it fly, and I just brought that model in for Brian Chan.

We are demonstrating the Schambeck AFT 25evo SLS and Orbis 20 SLS units, and showing an EMS Nimbus 4M 7.2m w/SLS (KTW), my ASW-15 as a Rosenthal example, and 2 ChocoFly TD moldies, and the new 4-meter Avanti GPS Triangle Sport class moldie. Lots of interest in the Avanti... I will have one ready for demo flying soon. I will have the new EMS Quintus 6.1m in January.

I'll post some pics from the show later.

In the meantime if anyone is looking for Rosenthal things please let me know and I will try to help you. At the moment I have in stock a 1:2 Cirrus 75b that I will offer for sale, and I will have the RF-5 demo model ready in a few weeks along with an electric Rallye Morane.

www.rosenthalmodelsusa.com
[email protected]
Nov 03, 2018, 01:31 AM
I'm a glider pilot really.....
That's great news Bruce - I wish you all the very best in your business!

Simon
Nov 03, 2018, 09:29 AM
looking forward to see them tomorrow, and glad to see hobby club back at the show.
Nov 03, 2018, 11:40 AM
High Lift Coefficient
Wishing you all the best Bruce in your new venture. The booths look real nice.

We need to talk about getting me one of the Chocofly hotliners when you get back.

Quick Reply