Oct 16, 2019, 12:58 PM
Prefectionist
Yeah i thought about buying another. But that would just leave me twice in the hole when the new 4in1 dies. if they come down more I might go for it, but otherwise I don't think it is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric View Post
Good luck.
By the way . HH has them on a clearance sale at $ 109.99.
That is cheap to get lots of extra parts.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2019, 03:20 PM
Prefectionist
Well, I managed to swap a FET from a blown torrent 110 ESC over to my Scimitar's blown ESC.

It flies but I have not had a chance to push it yet. both the torrent 110 and scimitar 110 ESC's are now using AON7804 FETs which are rated for 9amp continuous at 30 volts.

hot air + solder paste + digital microscope. It was hard the first time but it wouldn't be too hard a second..third etc now that I have the method down.
Jan 05, 2020, 09:23 AM

Batteries

These seem like a great price for some basic outdoor fun flying. Planning on picking one up.
What batteries would be good for a long flight time? 2s a little larger than the recommended 800mah?
Jan 05, 2020, 10:02 AM
Registered Plane Abuser
Why do pieces of this thread keep disappearing? I guess I don't care anymore. Mine is flying great with the HGLRC controller and ESC. So far, no blown ESC and I have been flying it hard. No more changing FETs for me.
Hank, I've been using a 3S 650 80C battery that weighs 63 grams. But if I were you I would stick with 2S and hope the ESC doesn't blow up. I wouldn't go any heavier than 63 grams.
Jan 06, 2020, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the reply! The weight really helps. The turnigy nanos seem to have good power to weight ratio.
I noticed people having issues with the ESC. A high C 3s was out of the question for me for that reason alone.
Feb 19, 2020, 06:56 PM
Does not seem to be an active thread.

I have this bound to a DX6i and it flys well for me. Yet I have it bound to a Jumper T8SG V2 and through betaflight it works as the DX6i does. All controls shown to move in the correct direction, switches for arm and flight mode work the same but it will not arm with the T8SG? I have checked all I can think about in BF, bound and re bound the Tx with DSMx DSM2 but it will not arm the quad? Any idea?

Thanks.

Buzz.
Feb 20, 2020, 09:38 AM
Prefectionist
The T8SG's throttle does not go low enough without adjusting the config in the transmitter. look on the receiver tab and you'll see at low throttle it still shows like 1100 at the value. I forgot where (I do not own a T8SG) but there is a menu setting to increase the "throw" to 150% that will allow you to arm and fly.

Techniclly you should also increase the "throw" on your DX6i as well as it to doesn't go down and up as far as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard View Post
Does not seem to be an active thread.

I have this bound to a DX6i and it flys well for me. Yet I have it bound to a Jumper T8SG V2 and through betaflight it works as the DX6i does. All controls shown to move in the correct direction, switches for arm and flight mode work the same but it will not arm with the T8SG? I have checked all I can think about in BF, bound and re bound the Tx with DSMx DSM2 but it will not arm the quad? Any idea?

Thanks.

Buzz.
Feb 21, 2020, 09:50 AM
What are folks doing about the bad ESCs on these drones? I've got one with a bad motor #2...swapped the motors, reflashed and it's definitely a bad ESC but not a soul has one...is there some 3rd party fix i'm not aware of yet?
Feb 21, 2020, 10:26 AM
Thanks for that. I will look at that. I have been a button mashing fiend lately. Figured out a few things with the jumper, so I have been setting up sevearl planes and quads.

Thanks.

Buzz.
Feb 24, 2020, 04:06 PM
Armed and ready to fly. The setting for the throttle was set for 1000 and the throttle only went down to 1180. I maxed out the throttle on the Tx to -150 to 150 but that only made it go down to 1180. So I raised the setting to 1200 and it armed and was ready to fly.

Now working on figuring out the LED's. How to order them and color them. The lay out in betaflight is horizontal and the LED's on the quad are vertical. Right now they are all different colors as I cant figure out where #1 is and what each setting under the drop down means?

Thanks.

Buzz.
Feb 25, 2020, 03:19 AM
The LED settings were a mess to me. You’re best off watching a tutorial on BetaFlight. The best way I can describe is choosing the feature you want and clicking locations. I eventually figured out how to have an LED to indicate armed, arming trigger, and one for battery.

I picked up a few batteries. My favorite is the 2s 1300mah 20c. They’re right at the suggested weight and give me 4.5 minute flights. Hoping for longer when it gets warm out.

Do these have sound? I noticed a white wire to the transmitter, but my headset DVR just has noise. Might add a small mic.
Last edited by Hank1510; Feb 25, 2020 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Typo
Mar 11, 2020, 10:56 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavis11 View Post
What are folks doing about the bad ESCs on these drones? I've got one with a bad motor #2...swapped the motors, reflashed and it's definitely a bad ESC but not a soul has one...is there some 3rd party fix i'm not aware of yet?
I feel your pain. I bought another ESC when they were still available, that blew up, I bought another 110 and that ESC blew up. I swapped FETs from one ESC to the other and that blew up. I should have realized that flying them on 3S means they will blow up. I'm curious to know if anyone out there flying just on 2S has blown one up or not. Anyway, after searching for an alternate ESC and asking Horizon if they could recommend a different source (which they had no answer for) I decided to get a small stack from HGLRC and fit it in. It wasn't too difficult. I've been flying it for a long time now on 3S without any blown ESC. Flies just as well as it did before. I used all of the other parts. Just changed the Flight controller and ESC. Here's the stack I bought from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Took a long time to get it but it's been well worth it. You can see where I drilled new holes in the bottom for the new stack. Then I used the old holes and long screws to mount the plastic tray for the receiver and camera right where they were.
Apr 02, 2020, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Ahh .
The bashing has started with the Pro Troller that really dislike Blade and Horizon Hobby.
So just avoid questions and response.
Yes F3 board is a few years old.
And ?
And this thing was put on clearance after, what, only 5 months?

And F3 support was dropped in BF 4.1.
Apr 02, 2020, 05:12 AM
Flight for life
You are spot on as usual.
But you are 2 years too late.

Referring to a post that I wrote

November 7 2018.

We all know and agree that it was a lemon.
It is why we moved on.
Last edited by geotric; Apr 02, 2020 at 05:22 AM.
Apr 02, 2020, 02:09 PM
Quote:
You are spot on as usual.
But you are 2 years too late.

Referring to a post that I wrote

November 7 2018.

We all know and agree that it was a lemon.
It is why we moved on.
No, for starters, I was not 2 years too late. I pointed these things out immediately.

Second, I don't think you ever agreed it was a lemon, at least not until it was far too late. Way to try gaslighting, but gaslighting doesn't work when all the evidence is literally recorded in writing out in the open.

How many people have you helped HH bilk out of their money with your constant vouchsafing and false testimonials? Is that camaraderie to you?

If HH support were so great, how come they dumped out a stillborn product only to finally decide to abort it less than 6 months later?

If they wanted to support this product, why don't they branch 4.1 and maintain it for their F3 lineup?

Instead, it was $200 out a pop and "thanx 4 teh money guyz see u later good luck with spare parts lol".

Look at how badly the guys in this thread got screwed.

Oh, you blew an ESC (I mentioned on the very first page of this thread that the ESC looked a bit marginal for the spec)? $50 replacement. Oh, wait, you can't even get a replacement anymore.

Oh, you need a new FC? $45.

Look at the parts page on HH's website to see the depth of how badly you helped HH screw everyone over.

Are you still going to go around claiming how great HH support is?

And through all that -- you never help. That apparently is camaraderie to you -- pushing other hobbyists off a cliff and wishing them good luck on the way down.

So here's the thought for the rest of you. You guys have not been particularly good about technical details like mounting pattern (sort of speaks to the kind of customers Blade appeals to), but if that mount pattern is M2 25x25, you might actually be able to fit some of the brushless whoop boards without having to drill out the carbon. (Rotate orientation 45 degrees in Betaflight.) You'd have to be very careful about which board/stack you chose. Potentially you'd have to adjust canopy, stack height, and wiring.

However you'd kick out some of the worst of this quad, again, as mentioned in the very first page -- the FC and the ESC. And it will cost less than HH spares would have ever cost.

Better option though is probably to never buy another HH product again.

Quick Reply