Blade Scimitar 110 FPV BNF Drone

The Scimitar drone series from Blade has a new member with the Scimitar 110.

Splash

Sub 250g Brushless Drone

The Scimitar drone series from Blade has a new member with the Scimitar 110. The trend with small, fast brushless drones continues and this one should be a great addition. It's ready to go right out of the box as a BNF model with all the tuning done for you at the factory. For power it's using 1106-6000kv motors, a 10A 4-in-1 ESC and 2 or 3S lipo batteries. All you need to have is a battery, Spektrum transmitter, FPV goggles and you are ready to rip it up in the backyard. The Scimitar 110 sells for $199.99 and will be available early this month.

Key Features

• 2.5" propellers
  • Pre-built and Professionally Tuned: Ready to go right out of the box
  • F3 Flight Controller: Betaflight & Betaflight OSD
  • 10A 4-in-1 ESCs: DShot 600 compatible
  • 1106-6000Kv Brushless Motors
  • Video transmitter: 25-150mW, variable power, MMCX connector, circular polarized antenna and Spektrum TX control
  • Durable carbon fiber frame in new stretched X configuration
  • Injection molded plastic pod: Covers all vital components

Check out the Blade Scimitar 110 FPV BNF Drone here

Nov 01, 2018, 10:45 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looks pretty sleek, but isn't this one smaller than 150mm?
Nov 01, 2018, 02:47 PM
Bring it Down!!
I have a torrent 110, I hope it's better than it has been for me. I had to replace the esc after 4-5 flights, no crashes. And on a handful of flights more, 2 motors have been replaced. Since it was new, it's always had an issue in angle or horizon, it'll fly pretty good at the beginning of the pack, then towards the end of the pack, it develops a crazy drift. Like a hard roll to the right. Almost unflyable, unless always on acro mode, wich is how I for most of the time these days anyway.
Latest blog entry: LBLA S5 FPV Drone
Nov 01, 2018, 03:39 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
A progressive drift is often caused by vibrations throwing the gyro off, affecting self leveling modes. Vibrations can be caused by unbalanced props, or motors that aren't 100%.
Nov 01, 2018, 06:13 PM
F3 FC means that the LEDs it comes with won't even work with new version of Betaflight unless you reassign some ship.
Nov 01, 2018, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogship
F3 FC means that the LEDs it comes with won't even work with new version of Betaflight unless you reassign some ship.
Just be happy they finally caught up with OSD and Dshot. For charging a premium, u'd think they give u premium parts.
Nov 03, 2018, 10:58 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
F3? Really? Given the fact F4 can support 32khz looptime and 16khz esc support without too much CPU usage, and 16khz/16khz without even breaking a sweat... why an F3 board?

I suspect my answer is related to cost only.
Nov 06, 2018, 06:40 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
Well its up for sale on HH site, who will be the first to buy ??
Nov 07, 2018, 01:51 PM
Blade: Bringing You Yesterday's Technology At A Premium Markup!
Nov 07, 2018, 02:16 PM
Flight for life
Ahh .
The bashing has started with the Pro Troller that really dislike Blade and Horizon Hobby.
So just avoid questions and response.
Yes F3 board is a few years old.
And ?
Nov 07, 2018, 02:56 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Ahh .
The bashing has started with the Pro Troller that really dislike Blade and Horizon Hobby.
And ?

And... F4 board supports more, will be supported by betaflight for much longer, and is more efficient overall. F3 is going to run into real problems soon as betaflight brings on more features. Plus, it's not that much more in terms of costs. F3 is already four years old, and in the world of electronics that's almost an eternity.
Nov 07, 2018, 03:54 PM
wrong thread
Last edited by doug14; Nov 07, 2018 at 06:13 PM.
Nov 07, 2018, 04:43 PM
You're most likely referring to the Torrent and not the Scimitar.
Nov 07, 2018, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geotric
Ahh .
And ?
And... that's just the main processor.

And I'm going to guess there's no black box. There's no reason to buy anything at this size or larger without built-in black box. It's not listed.

And they're still going with the wired interconnect between the ESC and FC apparently.

And 10A ESC is OK but you'll be pushing it with 3s on 2.5" props.

And cloverleaf antenna when everyone's moved over to the AXII or Pagoda style.

And the $200 price point is pushing into HD category. And so is the ~140g weight for that matter.

And the camera mount is attached directly to the flight stack, which is probably a bad idea.

And of course the saddest thing -- the JST-RCY battery connector. 40A through a 3A connector? No problem!

There's only one possible target demographic for a product like this.

With other products you justified the price by saying you didn't want to deal with Betaflight.

Well, you hosed your future self with an argument that didn't even work at the time you tried it anyways. Can't have it both ways.
Last edited by GoatZilla; Nov 08, 2018 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention the camera!
Nov 07, 2018, 06:09 PM

whoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch
You're most likely referring to the Torrent and not the Scimitar.
ya. I saw 110 and posted in the wrong thread. sorry

Quick Reply