This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 01, 2018, 04:43 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Rave

ROBBE Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister

Hello good people!

During Halloween evening here in Central Florida (USA), I was able to acquire (purchase) one very hard to find Slow Flyer model known as the Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister by ROBBE.

It was amazing how things worked out as my "WANT Ad" was not the first. Years ago, I put one out and someone else replied but, that person never completed any transaction. A nice gentleman this time replied and we were able to complete the deal last night so, things has stepped up into very good chances that I will be getting this model after years of being out of production.

I am super excited because this model really looks good (Scale) and it's a Slow Flyer model plus it's simple, Rudder, Elevator and Throttle control only.

A good friend of mine had it years ago and I was too busy with other models and never got around to ordering one and before I knew it, it was out of Production and Diamond RC, the distributor closed their doors and a few years later ROBBE went out of business as I understand.

Therefore, as you may perhaps understand, I am thrilled and super excited to finally acquire such a model that has been out of circulation for so long and not in production anymore.

Back in the day, this model flew very well with the Brushed + Gearbox and heavier Ni-MH batteries so, you can imagine with today's modern Brushless motors + advanced Electronic Speed Controllers plus most especially super light and powerful Lithium Polymer batteries it will shine even more for that super "Scale" Slow Flight effect.

Of course, when and if I get the guts to fly this wonderful model, it will be with the ultimate perfect weather conditions and the best radio gear.

Thanks for watching!

Carlos

EDIT: The following pictures is from the seller!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2018, 05:55 PM

ROBBE Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister

Beautiful!

Depending on what you want, you can save a lot of weight by not installing the Servo plate and battery holder. I ended up glueing a balsa plate just behind where the cockpit panel would be.

One weakness in this model is the cowling. The point where it touches the main fuselage is thin due to the molding process. Attaching the motor to the cowling will make it crumple over time (nose-overs are going to happen!). Now it is still nice, I recommend cutting it clean off and make a firewall where it is in the original also. Attach the motor to that firewall, some 6mm Depron with a spacer works like a charm. Make the cowling removable for motor maintenance at the same time.

Pull/pull works perfect on this plane, using some fishing line. Good weight saving, too!

Please keep updating!
Last edited by RNAF; Nov 01, 2018 at 06:00 PM.
Nov 01, 2018, 07:50 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
RNAF,

Thank you for that feedback!

I am really excited...........
Nov 02, 2018, 05:31 AM
Some pics to illustrate
Nov 02, 2018, 08:28 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
RNAF,

Nice pics! Thanks so much for sharing them!

I am in the thought (and I do own several bi-planes) that if you only have bottom wing Ailerons it will certainly be anemic as you posted in your Blog at:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...02&postcount=5

It is my thoughts that TOP ailerons would have been much more effective "or" better yet ailerons on both wings surfaces.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and will carefully take my time to do the best modifications to provide some re-enforcements and durability.

Carlos
Nov 02, 2018, 08:30 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP

On it's way to me!

Guys!

The model is on it's way to me as I received a notification from seller with TRACKING number (Label) being created and today he is going to ship it during lunch time!

Again, I am extremely lucky to find this model NEW-IN-BOX!
Nov 02, 2018, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
RNAF,

Nice pics! Thanks so much for sharing them!

I am in the thought (and I do own several bi-planes) that if you only have bottom wing Ailerons it will certainly be anemic as you posted in your Blog at:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...02&postcount=5

It is my thoughts that TOP ailerons would have been much more effective "or" better yet ailerons on both wings surfaces.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and will carefully take my time to do the best modifications to provide some re-enforcements and durability.

Carlos

I had top and bottom connected with a carbon rod. Probably it’s the dihedral that causes issues
Nov 02, 2018, 08:48 AM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAF
I had top and bottom connected with a carbon rod. Probably it’s the dihedral that causes issues
Incident angle of wing to Horizontal Stab Surface and thrust angle plays a BIG part as well, especially with under-camber wing. No telling what is the correct incident angle with Under-Camber when you attempt to install Ailerons.

Also, this is a Slow Flyer and Ailerons work with Air-Speed. Scale Ailerons tend to create an issue if the model is not going fast enough and has a possibility of incorrect Incident Angle being a 3-Channel designed park flyer.

I am keeping mine completely 3-Channel as I do know how to whip it doing all kinds of maneuvers using good amount of rudder. Going to use a fast speed servo that will work on a 11 millisecond frame rate (Spektrum AR8000).

We shall see!
Carlos
Nov 02, 2018, 02:51 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Just got confirmation from Seller that it was shipped today as promised at 11:57am from Illinois.

Got my eyes on it!
Nov 14, 2018, 12:57 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Success!

The box came and no indication(s) of any damage or crush areas!

This is initial family member observance!

Will do the Un-Boxing tonight!

Carlos
Nov 30, 2018, 01:46 PM
Any update?
Nov 30, 2018, 05:03 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNAF
Any update?
Still in the BOX!

Work and Home base has taken a toll on me and need to clean many areas on my work benches!

Besides, I have a Sparrow Hawk 62CC that I have in-line to be modified for Electric Power and that one will be first.

Lots of distractions but, the ROBBE Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister will have it's day, sooner than later!
Dec 08, 2018, 08:02 PM
Jungmeister 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial
Still in the BOX!

Work and Home base has taken a toll on me and need to clean many areas on my work benches!

Besides, I have a Sparrow Hawk 62CC that I have in-line to be modified for Electric Power and that one will be first.

Lots of distractions but, the ROBBE Bücker Bü 133 Jungmeister will have it's day, sooner than later!
Any updates skybro?...not trying to rush ...just a very special interest in seeing you finish this particular project as I had a few years back.

Check out my thread if you ever need any ideas during the build.

I cut off the cowling on mine, nad glued a firewall with two sandwiched balsa pieces crossgrained for strength.
Dec 08, 2018, 08:19 PM
Jungmeister 55
Here's the link to my thread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...er-Jungmeister
Dec 08, 2018, 08:21 PM
Jungmeister 55
Posts 41 and 42 show the detail of the cowling/firewall mod I did on mine...

Quick Reply