This thread is privately moderated by Merch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 31, 2018, 11:28 PM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Mirarobot GV160 EPP Air Boat FPV 5.8G 600TVL Camera Land Driving & Planking Mode RTF

https://www.banggood.com/GV160-EPP-Air-Boat-FPV-RC-Quadcopter-With-5_8G-600TVL-Camera-Land-Driving-Planking-Mode-RTF-p-1355218.html

You can buy a spare battery HERE and spare props HERE

WoW what a blast this thing is,great fun indoors and the quality from the camera is great too,with 2 speeds and reverse this thing is a whole lot of fun and very very fast, I even got my wife to try it on slow mode

Pros:
Great running on smooth flooring very fast,about 7 minutes of use
Does well on the water too,did not want to see how long the battery would last just incase the craft got stuck in the middle of the pond
Durable
Good fpv camera
You get everything you need including batteries for the transmitter

Cons:
Does not run well on hard surfaces or carpets,best for smooth wooden flooring
Where the back motors are,the foam section came loose but it was a easy fix with some shoo goo or goop don't use to much though
Noisey indoors

This is a great fun little RTR hovercraft with everything you need maybe include plastic strips to help it run better on hard surfaces.

Mirarobot GV160 EPP Air Boat FPV RC Drone With 5.8G 600TVL Camera Land Driving & Planking Mode RTF

Description:
Brand Name:Mirarobot
Item Name:GV160 EPP Air Boat
Material:EPP
Remote control channel:2.4G;7CH
Remote control distance:100m
Remote control quency:2.4
Working frequency:Image:5645-5945MHz
Remote Control:5645-5945MHz
Image resolution:PAL:720*540/NTSC:640*480
Modulation type:FM
Frequency control:PLL
Paddle:40mm;4blades
Motor:8.5mm Brush Motor
Battery:1S 3.8V 500mAh 25C
Camera tilt:15
Transmitter:Mirarobot
Appearance Type:Quadcopter
Charger:USB high-voltage Charger
Sensor calibration:Gyro calibration
Camera:5.8G;48CH;25MW;600TVL
Video storage:Recordable storage(display record&storage)
LED:3-color
Power connector:PH2.0
Module:Barometer
Operating temperature:5-45℃
Flight site:Indoors and outdoors

Package Included:
1 X EPP Air Boat
1 X Transmitter
1 X USB Charger
1 X 1S 3.8V 500mAh 25C Battery
Last edited by Merch; Nov 05, 2018 at 03:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2018, 07:12 AM
Looks quite good, hope it goes well over water, maybe you can test that once you have a few ground videos done ( just in case it doesn't come back lol )
I just tried the bad wolf whoov which is similar but not gonna work on water due to the FC being under the craft!!
Great fun though, especially on laminate flooring.
Bad wolf wolfhoo hover craft whoop thingy review. Whoover (8 min 27 sec)
Nov 01, 2018, 02:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield
Looks quite good, hope it goes well over water, maybe you can test that once you have a few ground videos done ( just in case it doesn't come back lol )
I just tried the bad wolf whoov which is similar but not gonna work on water due to the FC being under the craft!!
Great fun though, especially on laminate flooring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFO...ature=youtu.be
Yes it is amazing amount of fun,good news is the FC is ontop of the foam and i have seen a video of it in water but yes indoor test first then i'll get it in the water
Nov 01, 2018, 09:23 PM
Thread OP
Did some testing with the Mirabot tonight, It gave me more information for my video review which will be posted up in tomorrows indoor test,next one will be done outdoors at a pond not far from where i live.
Nov 03, 2018, 12:43 AM
Thread OP
Video added.......Pros and Cons will be posted after the outdoor test.
Last edited by Merch; Nov 03, 2018 at 12:54 AM.
Nov 04, 2018, 05:07 PM
Thread OP

Pros and Cons added to the main post.
Last edited by Merch; Nov 04, 2018 at 05:26 PM.
Nov 05, 2018, 02:50 AM
Works ok water!!

Hey you need 2 and someone to race against now, it reminds me of micro machines.
Nov 05, 2018, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Works ok water!!

Hey you need 2 and someone to race against now, it reminds me of micro machines.
It was very cold plus i put a older battery in the hovercraft,i'm just a speed freak but yes it is fine on water for smooth sailing
Racing with this hovercraft hmm i dunno about that.
Nov 05, 2018, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
It was very cold plus i put a older battery in the hovercraft,i'm just a speed freak but yes it is fine on water for smooth sailing
Racing with this hovercraft hmm i dunno about that.
The whoov seem to work best on laminate flooring I found, I think if you had a big enough area like that you could set up a course and have a race with the one I tested which is actually pretty fast on my laminate flooring ..
Apart from that though I don't really see nearly as much appeal as flying / racing a quad or especially a whoop which you can do anywhere without having to find a big smooth area, I will be getting another though just so I can try to get my wife and daughter into fpv racing without it being too scarey.
Nov 07, 2018, 03:49 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
The whoov seem to work best on laminate flooring I found, I think if you had a big enough area like that you could set up a course and have a race with the one I tested which is actually pretty fast on my laminate flooring ..
Apart from that though I don't really see nearly as much appeal as flying / racing a quad or especially a whoop which you can do anywhere without having to find a big smooth area, I will be getting another though just so I can try to get my wife and daughter into fpv racing without it being too scarey.
I'm sure your wife and daughter will have a blast with the whoov even my wife tried the mirarobot
Nov 07, 2018, 04:40 AM
Yes my wife had a go with mine too, she was soon bored though but with 2 it would be more fun.
That reminds me I must get her to have another go and I will chase it with a whoop!
Nov 07, 2018, 05:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes my wife had a go with mine too, she was soon bored though but with 2 it would be more fun.
That reminds me I must get her to have another go and I will chase it with a whoop!
lol

Quick Reply