Mar 03, 2019, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdab
The performance of these air frames is incredible. Even going way back to the twin-jet and a few other electric models over 10 years ago. They are fantastic......BUT ---- The one thing that really turns me off about these now is the annoying whine you get with these high speed pusher props!
The Twin Jet came out in 2001, so make that 18 years ago And the Pico Jet was at least a couple of years before that (I still have one of those - my Twin Jet and Micro Jet didn't survive though )

Totally agree about the noise, although having the prop further back helps - my Projeti (from 2004 ) isn't too bad.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2019, 02:32 PM
scratchbuilder
Maiden flight of Funjet 2 with stock equipment. As expected, no problems, great tracking and precise flying. No big differences to the older models, but even better foam surface. Foam of the Ultra is heavier and has an even smoother surface. That is the difference. Weight of foam parts is 175g for Funjet 2 versus 235g for the Ultra.
Multiplex Funjet 2 Erstflug (3 min 37 sec)
Mar 05, 2019, 12:42 PM

C of G

Hi, I've just got one of these, the manual says the c of g info is in Fig 18 but my manual has NO Fig 18. Cant get anything off the Multiplex site so can anyone help me with the C of g info please?

Many thanks
Mar 05, 2019, 12:50 PM
scratchbuilder
There are two bumps under the wing where you can balance the plane. Works perfectly.
Mar 05, 2019, 04:58 PM
Many thanks
Mar 08, 2019, 05:19 AM
Bring It On !!!!!
Hi AeroR
I fitted a ChangeSun 12 blade 70mm EDF to the MK1 Ultra a few years ago.

It might be of some help.

Kind regards.

Change Sun 70mm Ducted Fan on Multiplex FunJet Ultra (6 min 12 sec)
Last edited by soundcheque; Mar 08, 2019 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to add link
Mar 20, 2019, 03:57 PM
Go Cocks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
The Twin Jet came out in 2001, so make that 18 years ago And the Pico Jet was at least a couple of years before that (I still have one of those - my Twin Jet and Micro Jet didn't survive though )

Totally agree about the noise, although having the prop further back helps - my Projeti (from 2004 ) isn't too bad.
Yes, We are getting old. Nice Projeti - I have an old twin-jet NIB but it's staying in the stash!
Mar 20, 2019, 03:59 PM
Go Cocks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
Maiden flight of Funjet 2 with stock equipment. As expected, no problems, great tracking and precise flying. No big differences to the older models, but even better foam surface. Foam of the Ultra is heavier and has an even smoother surface. That is the difference. Weight of foam parts is 175g for Funjet 2 versus 235g for the Ultra.
https://youtu.be/4h0vhMrczQQ
Even stock you can see that it is fairly fast
Apr 17, 2019, 04:06 PM
RC Guru
Thread OP
Old Apr 18, 2019, 03:54 AM
mian558
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Redacted Content. It is temporarily hidden while mian558 edits it.
Apr 26, 2019, 01:46 PM
In search of RC nirvana
Does anyone know if and when the FunJet 2 will be available in the US?
Apr 26, 2019, 01:53 PM
RC Guru
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy77
Does anyone know if and when the FunJet 2 will be available in the US?
Yes, as a matter of fact I do (roughly). It's looking like late spring this year
Apr 26, 2019, 04:16 PM
I just got two Funjet Ultra 2s from Lindinger. They arrived yesterday. Gotta love the Lindinger sales. Even with shipping it was much less than Tower with coupons! Can't wait to put one together.

The foam is really smooth. I am going to try glassing my first one.
Apr 27, 2019, 08:57 AM
In search of RC nirvana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Yes, as a matter of fact I do (roughly). It's looking like late spring this year
Well then I hope late spring comes early this year .
Apr 27, 2019, 10:52 AM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
Lordisrob could you post the link to lindinger..thanks

Quick Reply