Sep 16, 2019, 05:55 PM
Glow 😡 no no no

Funjet family

From the first time I flew the funjet I knew it was a good machine, I am lucky enough to have a surviving original, just recently was given a slightly used ultra, which lead to buying 2 of the latest versions, the fj2 and the ultra. So in my opinion I believe multiplex have done enough to claim the funjet 2 status.
Given the speeds we have been pushing the funjet too, it would be fair for multiplex to use a stronger foam on the ultra and now have perfected the foam and finish even more.
I have bought other planes to compete with the funjet but have found one yet.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2019, 04:22 AM
Nice pics. Going way back they were all grey EPS foam originally before Elapor was invented ... e.g. my 1999 Pico Jet (which is still flying). And then the Twin Jet (2001), and Micro Jet (2003).
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Sep 17, 2019, 06:50 AM
You down with EPP?
Microjet!!!

Coolest plane ever.
Sep 17, 2019, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
Microjet!!!

Coolest plane ever.
Haha! Mine ended up as a pocket rocket, using a Kontronik brushless inrunner (which with the ESC cost more than most complete ARTF models do today) and a 8 x 1700 nimh pack (I had to move the motor back on an extended mount to get it to balance). In that config. it weighed a lot more than stock so was pretty hard to solo launch, but once in the air it was awesome ... certainly scared all the IC guys at the field

I said at the time I thought it was really a bit too small, and a slightly bigger version (similar in size to the Pico Jet) would be nice - we did eventually get that in the Funjet
Sep 17, 2019, 09:00 AM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Haha! Mine ended up as a pocket rocket, using a Kontronik brushless inrunner (which with the ESC cost more than most complete ARTF models do today) and a 8 x 1700 nimh pack (I had to move the motor back on an extended mount to get it to balance). In that config. it weighed a lot more than stock so was pretty hard to solo launch, but once in the air it was awesome ... certainly scared all the IC guys at the field

I said at the time I thought it was really a bit too small, and a slightly bigger version (similar in size to the Pico Jet) would be nice - we did eventually get that in the Funjet
mine was insanely fast for its size. I believe I ran mine on 4s with a little mega motor. It turned on a dime. scary quick
Sep 17, 2019, 03:48 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
Nice pics. Going way back they were all grey EPS foam originally before Elapor was invented ... e.g. my 1999 Pico Jet (which is still flying). And then the Twin Jet (2001), and Micro Jet (2003).
Nice the see the older multiplexes again, I had a friend who had the twin jet. He struggled to fly it on the speed 400 motors, wish the would re release the earlier models with today’s power set ups.
Sep 17, 2019, 05:00 PM
My Twin Jet went great with the stock S400 can motors, on 8x2400 nicds. I did replace the Gunther props with Graupner CAM Speed ones though. I eventually re-motored it with 480s and it flew exactly the same but with a bit less duration! These oldies certainly would be awesome with modern power trains - I still have my original grey Twin Star and the Pico Jet. Both fly on Lipos now of course ... the TS with brushless motors, but the PJ still flies on a 480 can motor.

A re-released Twin Jet would be fantastic!
Sep 18, 2019, 06:45 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
My Twin Jet went great with the stock S400 can motors, on 8x2400 nicds. I did replace the Gunther props with Graupner CAM Speed ones though. I eventually re-motored it with 480s and it flew exactly the same but with a bit less duration! These oldies certainly would be awesome with modern power trains - I still have my original grey Twin Star and the Pico Jet. Both fly on Lipos now of course ... the TS with brushless motors, but the PJ still flies on a 480 can motor.

A re-released Twin Jet would be fantastic!
Yes I felt the plane could fly better than him, I never had a chance to fly it myself. I think the ts was in front of him and he was always chasing it.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:24 AM
You down with EPP?

microjet-ish

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...chweb201603_60
Sep 18, 2019, 09:05 AM
Funny - they describe that as a Funjet kit!
Sep 28, 2019, 07:57 AM
Is it possible to use wings from funjet2 with fuselage from funjet ultra 2 for example?
Oct 08, 2019, 10:33 AM
Hi,

here my weights from the older FJ, how much have the type 2 and 2-Ultra?

-1-old FJ: 151gr.
-2-new grew FJ-Ultra: 302 gr.
-3-new white FJ-Ultra: 233 gr

-4-FJ 2: ?
-5-FJ 2 Ultra: ?

Quick Reply