Aug 16, 2019, 07:30 PM
wow kit for only $88. did not follow closely, whats the diff between FJU vs FJU2 other than the thrust vector?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesd
wow kit for only $88. did not follow closely, whats the diff between FJU vs FJU2 other than the thrust vector?
FJU2 is heavier and more stiff/ stronger due to higher density foam.
Sep 09, 2019, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
FJ2 has less dense foam and is not designed for high speeds. The FJ2U has the same foam density as the previous FJU model.
So FJ2 less weight? To what speeds will it fly stably? For example up to 120kmh? I think if you load the batteries 18650 li-ion, should fly for a very long time.
Sep 09, 2019, 09:00 AM
Fully Sending It
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixoid26
So FJ2 less weight? To what speeds will it fly stably? For example up to 120kmh? I think if you load the batteries 18650 li-ion, should fly for a very long time.
You can see all the specs on the models on Multiplex's website:

https://www.multiplex-rc.de/produkte...29-bk-funjet-2

https://www.multiplex-rc.de/produkte...funjet-ultra-2

They advertise the FJ2 model capable of 100mph no problem.
Sep 11, 2019, 11:36 PM
what is the improvement over the original funjet, other than the optional thrust vectoring?
Sep 12, 2019, 12:02 PM
Quote:
what is the improvement over the original funjet, other than the optional thrust vectoring?
Original Funjet: Very soft foam in comparison with FJU White

FJU Grey: little stiffer than FJU White but heavier

FJ2: stiffer foam than Original FJ but softer than FJU White and FJU2

FJU White and FJU2: same foam, FJU2 has better surface (smoother) and instock now, FJU White is discontinued.
Sep 12, 2019, 12:47 PM
You down with EPP?
I have a FJU2 in a box. Haven't even looked at it.

I probably should. lol I bought it with a 6s, 7x9 setup in mind. 36mm Mega inrunner.....
Sep 12, 2019, 01:27 PM
Anybody weighed FJU2 and FJ2? I mean only foam plane.
Sep 12, 2019, 01:50 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixoid26
Anybody weighed FJU2 and FJ2? I mean only foam plane.
I will do that
Sep 12, 2019, 02:44 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123
I have a FJU2 in a box. Haven't even looked at it.

I probably should. lol I bought it with a 6s, 7x9 setup in mind. 36mm Mega inrunner.....
Shooting for 200MPH?!?!?

Mike
Sep 12, 2019, 06:05 PM
that's my problem with Multiplex. 10 years with so little change. if you have access to get used FJ/FJU for a good price (probably with electronics all ready to go) its probably not worth it to get the V2.
Sep 13, 2019, 02:19 AM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
that's my problem with Multiplex. 10 years with so little change. if you have access to get used FJ/FJU for a good price (probably with electronics all ready to go) its probably not worth it to get the V2.
I have the original funjet still, plus the ultra and now the V2, multiplex have improved the funjet over the years, my original feels nothing like the V2, the V2 finish is super smooth. Plus the quality of the foam has changed over time.
Sep 13, 2019, 10:47 AM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
Shooting for 200MPH?!?!?

Mike
Well yeah. If its possible. I'm thinking more like 160-170mph as a goal
Sep 13, 2019, 04:36 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Quote:
I would like to add, Multiplex has a winning formula with the funjet, it will fly on low powered set ups, up to extreme speed power plants, so far I have not found anything to compete with the funjet on quality, price, and overall performance.
Sep 13, 2019, 09:53 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac
I would like to add, Multiplex has a winning formula with the funjet, it will fly on low powered set ups, up to extreme speed power plants, so far I have not found anything to compete with the funjet on quality, price, and overall performance.
Yeah for top speeds with a foamy I don't think it gets any better. I do miss the MPX dogfighter. That was my all time favorite for agility, speed , and handling

Quick Reply