Losi 1/6 Super Rock Rey 4WD

This thing looks like a beast of a truck capable of 50+ MPH, up to 8S Lipo batteries, AVC stabilization tech and DSMR.

Splash

Super Sized Rock Rey!!!

I love the Rock Rey and you can see my thoughts on the original 10th scale model here. There is a larger version coming this December with the Losi 1/6 Super Rock Rey 4WD. This thing looks like a beast of a truck capable of 50+ MPH, up to 8S Lipo batteries, AVC stabilization tech and DSMR. It can handle tough terrain and jumps with plenty of power to plow through whatever you can throw at it. The large tires and new front end geometry increase suspension travel and improve performance and it really stands out with the new roll cage and body. The Losi 1/6 Super Rock Rey is available for pre-order right now and it should arrive in time for Christmas at price of $799.99.

Optional Add-Ons Available:

• Speedometer Add-On - See your speed in real time and record top speed.
  • Spektrum FPV Mount - Install an FPV system for a different experience.
  • Spektrum Dashboard Mobile App - View speed, temps battery voltage and more.

Check out the Losi 1/6 Super Rock Rey 4WD Here

Oct 30, 2018, 12:33 PM
Looks awesome. I'm guessing this is the Traxxas UDR competition?
Oct 30, 2018, 03:00 PM
Born again RC'er
I think the SBR would be for a head to head for the UDR...

I've been avoiding the whole large scale RC, and these solid rear axle cars just don't do it for me as a basher RC... but -

I find I have the wants for this one... But $800, I doubt I'll pull the trigger.
Oct 31, 2018, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged
I think the SBR would be for a head to head for the UDR...

I've been avoiding the whole large scale RC, and these solid rear axle cars just don't do it for me as a basher RC... but -

I find I have the wants for this one... But $800, I doubt I'll pull the trigger.
Same here. I want a big scale but feel between lipos and parts they are expensive to maintain. Not to mention harder to transport and they need a huge area to really run to their full potential. 1/8 scale for me is plenty big.

Also not sure how I feel about this whole "scale basher" thing. I get it for crawlers and enjoy that myself, but for $800 I want something I can beat the heck out of and not break, not something that looks scale going over small bumps lol.

Once these are on eBay you could use a discount code eBay does every month or so and get $100 off (usually 15/20% off with a max $100 discount). But still, $700 is a LOT of money for a truck! I'd rather take that and buy several used RCs, but it would be a good deal for anyone wanting to buy one of these.

I'm looking forward to seeing some head to head racing/bashing/reviews with the UDR!
Nov 04, 2018, 06:44 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Looks like we're all in the same boat lol
Nov 09, 2018, 08:27 AM

already have one of these

Since I was invited by Horizon Hobby to test drive the Super Rock Rey at Badlands offroad park with them before it was released, I already own one of their pre-production vehicles. This one is an absolute blast to drive. I wrote the review for Big Squid RC, but they have not yet set it online.
Yes, this car is huge and bringing it home on a plane was not an easy task, but it is so much fun to drive and also durable as hell. With all that weight, something is going to break eventually when going big, but that is true for most RCs. As long as the things that break are easy to replace and spare parts are easily available, I do not see a big deal. If you liked the Super Baja Rey (which I did) you will love this one, too.
Nov 10, 2018, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
...I'm looking forward to seeing some head to head racing/bashing/reviews with the UDR!
I was hoping to find that comparison in this thread

Quick Reply