Multiplex FunRacer 100MPH Sport Planes

The Multiplex FunRacers are due to arrive on November 1st. These speedy sport planes looks great and offer a wide speed range and nice handling.

Splash

FunRacers Are Coming Next Month

The Multiplex FunRacers are due to arrive on November 1st. These speedy sport planes looks great and offer a wide speed range and nice handling. You can blast around at 100MPH or slow it down to a cruise. It does knife edge, inverted flight and fast rolls, snaps and flat spins. It really looks like a ton of fun to fly in the video.

The FunRacer comes in two versions, one that is painted and one that is white and ready for you to paint. Both are receiver ready and come with digital metal gear servos, an 1160kv brushless motor and a 55A ESC. You'll need to provide your own receiver and a 3S 2600 mAH lipo to finish it out. It has a 32" wingspan that is removable if you need to break it down even smaller for transport or storage. The battery hatch is large and easy to use for quick changes so you can keep on flying. It certainly looks like a fun plane and they should be available in just a few short days. The painted version is listed at $199.99 and the white version is $179.99.

Check out the Multiplex FunRacers Here

FUNRACER [englisch] (3 min 12 sec)

Oct 29, 2018, 10:33 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Sweet! Between this, and the similar ones that HK & HH offer...it'd be a blast to get them all together and race!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Oct 29, 2018, 11:00 AM
Landing is not optional
Seems a bit pricey compared to the V900 and the new EFX Racer
Oct 29, 2018, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Seems a bit pricey compared to the V900 and the new EFX Racer
That's because it's German engineered

To clarify, there is a lot of engineering that went into this model. It flies on rails, and has almost NO bad tendencies whatsoever. It has the cleanest snap I've ever seen a racing model perform and is completely recoverable afterwards with no hesitation. The EFX and V900 are only comparable in their speed envelope.

For $199.99 PNP, you get a lot of model. Besides, if you really wanted to go cheap, the $179.99 unpainted model looks great in white and the included decals give it a sufficient color scheme to stand out.
Last edited by Xpress..; Oct 29, 2018 at 12:39 PM.
Oct 29, 2018, 11:36 AM
Doesn't mean all that much... Germans are good at marketing the image that German engineering is so great*. Often it is, but the price is just not justified - IMO... I live in Germany - you wouldn't believe what German cars cost. Most people can't afford new ones. There's a whole sub-industry of re-importing them. And MANY you see on German autobahns are company cars - a system much more widespread than in the States. So basicaally, it's a large-scale glorified leasing system for very many of them. Because most normal people just can't afford them. I've known lots of people who've said they could never privately afford the company cars they drive.. If they had to buy privately it'd be Japanese or similar.. A relatively standard 3-series BMW can cost €100k pretty easily.. Silly.. Anyway, I doubt this plane is all that much better than the EFXtra or V900, if at all..

I got my EFXtra for €110 shipped on sale. Closer to but under €130 is a more realistic sale price, when they do go on sale - which is way more often than Horizon. And Multiplex is basically never.

Anyway, what's the deal with the low KV motor? If you were to put a say 70a or 80a ESC, could you go 5S and break 130mph?

* Their confidence at marketing became seriously dangerous overconfidence with the diesel scandal.. Yeah, diesel is green...

ps The Porsche Cayenne is basically built in Slovakia, shipped to Germany where the body is slapped on, then it gets a "made in Germany" sticker and off it goes... For the record, I do like German cars, and it is definitely an engineering and manufacturing country to be looked up to. My point is just that you pay through the nose for what is often merely or mostly just perceived superior quality.
Last edited by Herrsavage; Oct 29, 2018 at 11:45 AM.
Oct 29, 2018, 12:40 PM
Multiplex is known for superior quality in their airframes, especially as of late. They are in a class of their own and can't be compared to Chinese models in any way, thanks mostly in part to their over-engineered design that simplifies field assembly and offers an over-the-top performing model. The FunRacer is no exception to this, it's built strong, flies on rails, provides a very broad speed envelope, and has incredibly neutral flight characteristics right out of the box.
Latest blog entry: MPX Dogfighter clearance sale!!
Oct 29, 2018, 12:44 PM
I don't know. I don't see how this plane is better than an EFXtra, dollar for dollar.
Oct 29, 2018, 02:09 PM
The words "German engineering" doesn't impress me much.
Multiplex has had their share of duds.
Razzor & Pilatus Porter are 2 examples of that.
Funman wasn't up to much either.
I will pass on this one.
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2
Oct 29, 2018, 02:30 PM
Fast and precise flying airplanes aren't for everyone
Latest blog entry: MPX Dogfighter clearance sale!!
Oct 29, 2018, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Fast and precise flying airplanes aren't for everyone
News flash
Multiplex doesn't have a monopoly on that.
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2
Oct 29, 2018, 02:57 PM
Landing is not optional
SOME may consider this to be quite overpriced compared to the competition! Maybe those people are just not fans of planes they consider overpriced!
Last edited by JamesonC; Oct 29, 2018 at 03:19 PM.
Oct 29, 2018, 07:35 PM
slats move, slots don't
Designed in Germany, made in the Philippines.
Oct 30, 2018, 12:48 AM
That's one hell of a promo video. Great flying and editing. Wonder if these will take a 4S?
Oct 30, 2018, 01:44 AM
Or 5S...

From Multiplex I only have the Easystar II and Funjet Ultra. I do think they have pretty if not very good foam and all around make very good stuff. I agree that they are overpriced though, in a typical German way. Still, I would consider this plane if it were ever on sale...(which it won't be...) I would want a 5S setup though.
Oct 30, 2018, 03:14 AM
Going back to balsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Multiplex is known for superior quality in their airframes, especially as of late. They are in a class of their own and can't be compared to Chinese models in any way, thanks mostly in part to their over-engineered design that simplifies field assembly and offers an over-the-top performing model. The FunRacer is no exception to this, it's built strong, flies on rails, provides a very broad speed envelope, and has incredibly neutral flight characteristics right out of the box.
As much as I like Multiplex products I have to say that the above is bogus. My Techone Revolution and Ninjato and FMS Super EZ and Easy trainer 800 and World models Sunrise and Ultimate are every bit as good as any Multiplex plane that I have ever had.

Quick Reply