Oct 30, 2018, 04:35 AM
Thread OP
Going with a well used 52 magnum four stroke
to remove ads between posts
Oct 30, 2018, 05:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJWash1
You'll find that your miter sander and saw are worth their weight in gold.

EJ
Yep they are good tools to have use them often
Oct 30, 2018, 05:59 AM
This was my first kit getting back into planes after a very long hiatus. I knew I was in trouble when I found myself sneaking downstairs at 3 in the morning to work on it. Enjoy the process!
Rick
Oct 30, 2018, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yel914
This was my first kit getting back into planes after a very long hiatus. I knew I was in trouble when I found myself sneaking downstairs at 3 in the morning to work on it. Enjoy the process!
Rick
Haha, or calling in sick from work...
Oct 30, 2018, 10:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhk750
Haha, or calling in sick from work...
lol I actually thought about doing that this morning
Oct 30, 2018, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwood310
lol I actually thought about doing that this morning
Been there and did that a time or two during my working years! Or pulled all-nighter build sessions in the basement while the family slept and went to work as usual in the morning. Ah, the younger years of life...

Joe
Oct 30, 2018, 12:20 PM
Good looking Cook+Maid needed
Just found this thread, I will follow along
Oct 30, 2018, 01:03 PM
That is a very nice looking Citabria, Dave. I like the green accents on the white.

Joe
Oct 30, 2018, 01:28 PM
Good looking Cook+Maid needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjoe
That is a very nice looking Citabria, Dave. I like the green accents on the white.

Joe
Joe,
Thank You! I wanted something different
Oct 30, 2018, 02:11 PM
Been there done that as well. The key for me is not to get caught coming back into the house at 6am after building all night or there can be questions about my sanity from my wife lol.

Lots of people say they don't have time to build but once you are hooked you find the time. When I was a kid in junior high many years ago I almost never got up in time to make it to school on time without a mad rush. Once I started building kits I would get up at least 2 hours early every day to build before school and I loved every minute of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperjoe
Been there and did that a time or two during my working years! Or pulled all-nighter build sessions in the basement while the family slept and went to work as usual in the morning. Ah, the younger years of life...

Joe
Oct 30, 2018, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdave
That is a beautiful job flyerdave!! Enjoy and pipe in at any time
Oct 30, 2018, 02:35 PM
AeroDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerdave
BEAUTIFUL Citabria, flyerdave!!!!
Oct 30, 2018, 02:47 PM
Thread OP

Wing ribs

Hello folks,
I have decided to use servos in each wing half instead of one with the bellcranks. They will be well hidden with only the arm showing. So I set up the drill press and made some holes. I drilled the first run at 5/16ths then went up to 1/2 inch everything went well.
Thanks for the time
Brian
Oct 30, 2018, 03:06 PM
I have one nearly finished. Nearly......I'm having all kinds of grief getting the darned windshield to fit correctly and it's driving me nuts. I've cut three out and getting stalled shaping the upper areas of the windshield where they fit next to the leading edges of the wings.
Gonna get a fellow builder to help me with it before I toss it in the trash.
Oct 30, 2018, 03:22 PM
I'm thinking about building this kit, and I wanted to know if its laser cut like some of the newer kits.

Quick Reply