Jul 11, 2019, 04:41 AM
Thread OP

Center section

Hello folks,
I have the center section all glued up and completed. I am going to wait and glue the wing together after doing my servo mounts and strut attachments. I think it will be easier to work with a single panel versus a whole wing, more to come!
Thanks for your time
Brian
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2019, 10:47 AM
Hi all... How is the ground handling of this airplane. I have been having a terrible time with my Great Planes Super Decathalon. I'm an experienced tail dragger pilot, and even our best club flier says this is a vert difficult plane (the decathalon) to get in the air. Rebuilt the cabin 3 times so far, in about as many flights. Was hoping the SIG kit handled better. Thank you.
Oct 14, 2019, 10:33 AM
I built one of these many years ago- my recollection was that it was an easy flyer- similar to a cub- definitely need right rudder on takeoff, but plenty of lift with the large wing.- Matt
Oct 15, 2019, 03:58 AM
Thread OP

Wing joining

Hello folks,
Well it's been awhile...... I have been pretty busy with a new roof(forgot how heavy shingles's are). I also have remodeled my kitchen and bath, and getting things ready for winter up here in Maine. Work has been pretty hectic also not enough hours in the day. I said I was going to see this through to the end but it's going to be slow. I did get some more done here and there so here's a few pics.
Thanks for your time
Brian
Oct 15, 2019, 06:10 PM
Thread OP

Wing joining dry run

Hello folks,
I did a dry run of the right wing panel to the center section. I had to do very little fine tuning of the spar holes to make things meet up nice. 30 min epoxy and plenty of clamps in the morning with a cup of coffee .
Thanks for your time
Brian
Oct 16, 2019, 12:32 AM
AMA 910957
Looks great!

As far as the hobby, you get to it, when you get to it.

EJ
Oct 16, 2019, 03:35 AM
Thread OP
Thanks EJ I just wish all the honey do list stuff could be done in a day.
Oct 16, 2019, 12:45 PM
Looks great! I know what your going through, I had to move in the middle of my Extra build and just wanted to get it finished, which I finally did. But, the honey doos just never seem to stop...
Oct 16, 2019, 03:15 PM
Thread OP
Yeah I saw that you just moved to a new place your extra came out very nice buy the way. Soooo when's the maiden.
Oct 17, 2019, 04:08 AM
Thread OP

Hello folks,
Well the right panel all joined with the center section. Hope all comes out ok after clamps come off.
Thanks for your time
Brian
Oct 17, 2019, 01:44 PM
I'm in maiden delay right now due to weather and no free time, working 10-12 hour shifts...but soon, hopefully.
Oct 18, 2019, 03:42 AM
Thread OP

Left wing panel joined

Hello folks,
I have unclamped and removed the weights from the right panel, it came out fine. The left panel is now epoxied and drying. Some pics for ya.
Thanks for your time
Brian
Yesterday, 05:49 AM
Thread OP

Wing

Hello folks,
The wing is all joined and all is good.
I just have to add one more doubler and a plywood plate, then it's on to the sheeting. Going flying with my son today, will do a little more tommorow night after work if all goes well.
Thanks for your time
Brian

Quick Reply