This thread is privately moderated by nigelsheffield, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 27, 2018, 10:06 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Bad wolf wolfhoo hover craft whoop thingy review. Whoover

Bad wolf wolfhoo hover craft whoop thingy review. Whoover (8 min 27 sec)

Racing 2 Bad wolf wolfhoo hover craft whoop fpv. Whoover (1 min 45 sec)

Get it here.
https://whoov.it/kit-global

This kit comes with everything needed to make this apart front the fpv camera, it's very resilient and wont damage any furniture etc as it's just epp foam.
Also supplied as a kit with just the foam if you want.
Build log etc bellow.

Name: IMG_20181026_122906.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 1.38 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181020_143842.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 1.20 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181020_143935.jpg
Views: 20
Size: 1.50 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181020_144430.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 1.83 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181020_171056.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 1.84 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181026_122724.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 1.13 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181020_152015.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 1.53 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181020_171112.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 1.76 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181020_171138.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 1.75 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181026_122646.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 1.28 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181026_122724.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 1.13 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181026_122848.jpg
Views: 19
Size: 1.28 MB
Description:

Camera added and just plugged in with no soldering needed.

Build was pretty easy even though no instructions were found,
In conclusion this is a fun toy if you have a laminate floor , it does run on carpet by changing the idle speed ( hold the arm button and it steps up each time )
I think if you had 2 to race against each other it would be a blast.
It is pretty much indestructible too so fun to just let the friends and family have a go.
Last edited by nigelsheffield; Nov 24, 2018 at 11:47 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2018, 03:19 PM
Doesn't it bother you that these guys are running my open source adaptation of silverware "whooverware" without posting their code or giving credit to the silverware community?

In fact BAD (alexander) takes credit for the programming but has no public code posted.
Nov 01, 2018, 03:42 PM
Thread OP
I didn't realise it was your version of silverware or that they didn't have your permission etc , have you tried contacting them and asking for some recognition?

In my experience so far most of these companies will just assume that any open source firmware is fair game unless challenged.
I will certainly bring it up with them and see what they say.
Seems there is a LOT of interest in silverware lately , I've used it since near the beginning when silverxxx first announced he had written it...
Latest blog entry: Eachine twig 115
Nov 01, 2018, 06:21 PM
Well it may have not been my exact whoover version. But the point stands weather it was my work based on silver's and the silverware community, or if it was just based on silver's main repo. Yes I asked when he originally started posting on FB, and he was secretive about what he was running - seemed to want the credit and attention for himself as if he were innovating something totally new. I have also asked the company selling this board and others have done the same. The only difference between this and mine I see was that the yaw stick and roll stick are swapped. I prefer the steering on yaw. Anyway, everyone knows I stood on the shoulders of greatness with the advances I have made in silverware. I would not have accomplished anything without silver and the community. So it pains me to see our open source project monetized without proper credit and transparency. It's basically an open source violation.

NBD is in the same boat right now, bragging about OSD in silverware and everything they are doing with the project in closed facebook groups ... but where is their code?????

Shameful. Everything I'm part of, FC's included, is right out there for public review. That's how open source works.
Nov 02, 2018, 02:56 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for informing of that, I will defo ask him to put this right.
Can't see any reason to NOT mention that it is based on silverware and your fork , I would of thought that would be a selling point to be honest..

Silverware community has always been open honest inovative and fun and it pains me to see problems like this.
Nov 02, 2018, 03:15 AM
Thread OP
Nbd and osd ?
What group is that?
I've thought about osd for ages on silverware...

I even bought an osd break out board to give it a go a while back but like many things I never got it done...mainly because the weight of the break out board was a bit much for my little quads.
Nov 07, 2018, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFastEnuf
Well it may have not been my exact whoover version. But the point stands weather it was my work based on silver's and the silverware community, or if it was just based on silver's main repo. Yes I asked when he originally started posting on FB, and he was secretive about what he was running - seemed to want the credit and attention for himself as if he were innovating something totally new. I have also asked the company selling this board and others have done the same. The only difference between this and mine I see was that the yaw stick and roll stick are swapped. I prefer the steering on yaw. Anyway, everyone knows I stood on the shoulders of greatness with the advances I have made in silverware. I would not have accomplished anything without silver and the community. So it pains me to see our open source project monetized without proper credit and transparency. It's basically an open source violation.

NBD is in the same boat right now, bragging about OSD in silverware and everything they are doing with the project in closed facebook groups ... but where is their code?????

Shameful. Everything I'm part of, FC's included, is right out there for public review. That's how open source works.
Yes it's very dishonest and totally goes against what the true quad community is all about Travis. Can you give some details on this FB group and who the Hell is NBD

Nov 24, 2018, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Options include a fpv camera now and I was sent another whoov along with the camera and mount ,
So now I race my wife and daughter fpv around the living room and they actually enjoy it lol..

Racing 2 Bad wolf wolfhoo hover craft whoop fpv. Whoover (1 min 45 sec)

Details on the camera wiring

Name: IMG_20181120_144539.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 1.37 MB
Description:

Name: IMG_20181120_144609.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 935.3 KB
Description:

NB
I spoke to bad wolf about the firmware and they told me it is their own version.....
Dec 08, 2018, 10:15 AM
Wolfhoo W01 Tiny Whoov (Review and fpv racing) (5 min 59 sec)
Dec 08, 2018, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
Hi Canino!
Nice track there, the leds really make it look good.
The controls are a bit sensitive but you get used to it after a while, I also tried my taranis with the multimodule and that made it more controllable.
Dec 08, 2018, 11:02 AM
Thanks, my buddy had problems. The first track we designed was a little more longer and exciting but harder as the width was narrower. So we eventually went with a loop.
Yes especially steering is sensitive. They should've added more expo/curves in the firmware. Ofcourse you could add that in the taranis.
Dec 08, 2018, 11:09 AM
Thread OP
Yes I'm the taranis it's easy to add, my wife had problems for the first battery but soon got the hang of it...
Good training for sensitive quad flying maybe lol.
Dec 08, 2018, 11:17 AM
My multimodule for the taranis arrived last month, but havent had time yet to use it. Been having fun with some rc cars lately mostly. Also thought of hacking the module onto my flysky gt3c. But i probably wont do that and leave it for the taranis.
Jan 05, 2019, 04:30 PM
Droning on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelsheffield

NB
I spoke to bad wolf about the firmware and they told me it is their own version.....
Wasn't there a way to pull a hex? Is the board B03?

NBD is New Bee Drone by the way.
Jan 05, 2019, 05:44 PM
Thread OP
I think it's a b03 board I didn't look that close though.
I've never tried to pull a hex

Quick Reply