Oct 31, 2018, 12:07 AM
Let’s eschew obfuscation.
Very nice plane; I like water bombers. Thanks for posting the plans.

Scott
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2018, 07:26 AM

The Honk - a multi purpose aerobatic agplane, free plan, pics and videos

Any info about the water bomb mechanism?
Nov 01, 2018, 01:45 PM
scratchbuilder

Waterbomb mechanism

It is very simple and reliable. I use a plastic fish packing, a water balloon and a servo- driven wire to burst it. It is fixed under the airplane with velcro tape. The only modification to the airframe is a hole for the servo lead.
Nov 01, 2018, 02:28 PM
To use a water balloon and a servo to pop it is so cool.
Nov 01, 2018, 03:07 PM
Brilliant Thomas! I was wonder the same thing.
Nov 02, 2018, 02:56 PM
scratchbuilder

Honk STOL qualities

Here you see Honk's great short take off and landing qualities.
Modell-Aviator Honk STOL (1 min 49 sec)
Nov 02, 2018, 03:23 PM
Too much fun!
Nov 02, 2018, 04:49 PM
Looks like you’re enjoying flying it.
Nov 03, 2018, 03:49 PM
After the maiden flight of my Honk, and my pilot being blow out, before the plane even left the ground, I decided that he needed a little more safety equipment. I added a windshield and a roll bar to give him a more security.
Nov 04, 2018, 08:07 PM
Impressive performance Thom. Thanks a lot for the water bomb system. It’s really clever and simple.
Thanks
Nov 04, 2018, 08:24 PM
Retired CAD guy
The look on his face makes me think he si sitting ON the stick !

Nice look with your new trim !
Nov 05, 2018, 05:33 PM
Just another question about “extras” of the Honk: can you post some info about the fake water bomb system? (Powder or dust bombing on the first post)
Nov 07, 2018, 05:02 AM
Hi cbalgra,

I like your pilot very much.
Where can I get it from?
Regards, Harry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalgra
After the maiden flight of my Honk, and my pilot being blow out, before the plane even left the ground, I decided that he needed a little more safety equipment. I added a windshield and a roll bar to give him a more security.
Yesterday, 01:21 PM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajazo
Just another question about “extras” of the Honk: can you post some info about the fake water bomb system? (Powder or dust bombing on the first post)
It's the same fish packing, as for the water bombing, but no holes in the cover, a tape hinge on one side and a servo released rubber band on the other side
The powder is flour.

Quick Reply