Oct 25, 2018, 07:34 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
New Product

UMX Cirrus SR22T

Another cool General Aviation UMX offering ... Cirrus SR22T

Key Features
  • An officially licensed replica of the current bestselling single-engine airplane
  • Completely factory-assembled and ready-to-fly right out of the box
  • Industry-leading Spektrum™ 2.4Ghz DSMX® technology
  • Incredible stability and precision of AS3X® technology
  • Optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology
  • Powerful 3600Kv brushless outrunner motor
  • Crisp 4-channel control with steerable nose wheel for great handling all-around
  • Convenient, top-hatch fully conceals the flight battery compartment
  • Operational LED wingtip lighting for improved visual orientation
  • Scale authenticity includes accurate outlines, clear windows and cockpit detail
  • Scale-shaped three-blade propeller and matching spinner

E-flite® UMX™ Cirrus SR22T BNF Basic (3 min 1 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2018, 08:58 AM
Beautiful plane, and nice video where they show scale like flying first and finish with what it can do if you want!

Now lets wait for comments about "no flaps" and "Can I use 4S on this"

At least the landing gear is fixed on the original...

Tommy
Oct 25, 2018, 09:31 AM
Taildragger
Does it come with a SAFE activated parachute instead of panic recovery?
Oct 25, 2018, 10:47 AM
B. Redeker - Portfolio Manager
Very cool! I would love to see them do the same with the Cherokee.

When I first saw the UMX Cirrus come out, I couldn't figure out why E-Flite took away many of the scale details, painted it red, and ditched the flaps. Then I realized it was UMX and not the larger model. They really scaled it down well! Love that it has lights since most of my UMX flying is done after sunset when there is just enough light left to fly.

What holds me back on the UMX Cirrus is trying to find a place to fly a fixed gear UMX. The landing gear have been removed on all of my UMX planes. They either have floats (J3 and Timber) or belly land on the grass (Corsair, P-51, P-47, A-10, B-25, and B-17). None of my flying areas have pavement to land on. Makes me wonder what a Cirrus would look like with retractable gear, aka, gear pulled off so I can land in the grass.
Oct 25, 2018, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
What holds me back on the UMX Cirrus is trying to find a place to fly a fixed gear UMX. The landing gear have been removed on all of my UMX planes. They either have floats (J3 and Timber) or belly land on the grass (Corsair, P-51, P-47, A-10, B-25, and B-17). None of my flying areas have pavement to land on. Makes me wonder what a Cirrus would look like with retractable gear, aka, gear pulled off so I can land in the grass.
You can simply land the Cirrus in the grass with the gear.
I've done this with the Cessna without any problem.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=9643742
Oct 25, 2018, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli View Post
You can simply land the Cirrus in the grass with the gear.
I've done this with the Cessna without any problem.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...mentid=9643742
Thanks! I was looking at the Cessna early on, but read some reports that it won't work on the grass without tearing the gear out. I stopped looking at and moved on from the thread. I ended up going with the UMX Timber instead to use as my primary float plane. Being able to land the Cirrus in the grass opens it up to use in my back yard. I fly the P-51 and P-47 in the back yard over my pond and then land in the grass. The Timber lands on the water. The neighbors send me text messages asking if I can put on a show when they have company over. The Cirrus with the lights on it would make a great back yard flyer. The P-51 and P-47 are really tough flying at dusk against the setting sun. They are too back lit and tough to orientate. The Timber is far easier thanks to the floats, lights, bright colors, and it is pretty slow. The Cirrus I would expect to be much hotter in the air, more like the P-51 or P-47.
Oct 25, 2018, 01:03 PM

New plane

Bajora;; Thanks for the post.
Oct 25, 2018, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
. The Timber is far easier thanks to the floats, lights, bright colors, and it is pretty slow. The Cirrus I would expect to be much hotter in the air, more like the P-51 or P-47.
Minimum speed will be significant faster than the Timber but a little slower than the P-51 about the same like the Cessna.
Wing Cube Load:
Timber 5.7
Cirrus 8.7
Cessna 8.8
P-51 9.8
With the clear windows i thing i make a light inside it looks so nice in the dark
The brick is the same like the Cessna and i like the build in flight battery voltage telemetry.
Last edited by microheli; Oct 25, 2018 at 01:28 PM.
Oct 25, 2018, 01:30 PM
Looks enough like the PZ Piper Archer to get my attention.

Yes I know it is not an Archer blah blah.
Oct 25, 2018, 01:51 PM
ordered
Oct 25, 2018, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli View Post
Minimum speed will be significant faster than the Timber but a little slower than the P-51 about the same like the Cessna.
Wing Cube Load:
Timber 5.7
Cirrus 8.7
Cessna 8.8
P-51 9.8
With the clear windows i thing i make a light inside it looks so nice in the dark
The brick is the same like the Cessna and i like the build in flight battery voltage telemetry.
I haven't flown the Cessna, but agree with your assessment. A light in the cockpit would a nice little addition. I think I am going to add the Cirrus to my list of planes for next spring. I keep holding out for a Cessna 336/337/O-2 which is another reason why I haven't bought any Cessna's so far. I have always liked the Cirrus and the larger RC Cirrus. This will get me into a Cirrus at a pretty affordable price point and another that I can fly around the back yard in the evenings. Flying season is done for me until late April, so no reason to get into a hurry at this point.

Grup,
I already posted on the E-Flite Facebook announcement about wanting a UMX Cherokee next. I have 2 Archers and the larger Cherokee already. I wouldn't even hesitate on ordering a UMX Cherokee or any UMX PA-28. I would fly that as an Arrow with the gear removed, which is what I do with my Archers. Both are painted up as my grandfather's Arrows.
Oct 25, 2018, 06:34 PM
Boost rules!
Looks interesting! Nice to see a clear canopy. Would've liked to see 'em include flaps, but oh well. I'll probably have to get one anyway.

Joel
Oct 25, 2018, 07:17 PM
Yup.,.. This one looks really sweet!

I'm losing my big flying fields...they keep building houses on em. So this micro may well wind up in my hangar.

Tom
Oct 25, 2018, 07:26 PM
Since she has no flaps, I was wondering why they say she requires a 5 channel radio.

So I read the owner's manual online...5th channel uses the gear switch to turn SAFE on and off.

Tom
Oct 25, 2018, 07:26 PM

Quick Reply