Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 26, 2018, 12:34 AM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyday101
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...evisited-again

This is as easy as i have EVER seen! You can make it out of dollar tree foam and i believe there are only 4 parts. You can build a new one quicker than you can repair one.

If not this I have to agree with the above from birdofplay
That Warp 9 looks good !
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2018, 02:25 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickalls
Will be some weeks though. My wife and I give each other $30 a week pocket money! lame I know but better than $0. Everything takes time.
While waiting to get your RC components , you could build a foam Super Easy chuck glider . That will give you practice doing airframe construction , and if you can get a chuck glider to glide well ..... it will make transitioning to RC much easier . The two most important things for an SE chuck glider are : proper CG balance ( adding a nose weight & moving it forward or rearward ) , and reflex ( adjusting up elevator more or less ) . Reflex pushes the tail down and nose up ...... like keeping the tips of water skis above the water .

An SE chuck glider will not have a long flat glide ...... a good glide angle to strive for would be about 10º or 15º . If there is a hill you can glide down , that would be great .... especially if it has a vegetation-cushioned landing area .
Nov 08, 2018, 02:47 AM
UPDATE:

I have ordered a transmitter, receiver motor and speed controller.

Need battery plus charger oh and a plane! but hey, progress right.
Nov 08, 2018, 07:48 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Davy
This sounds like a job for balsa or carbon. Somebody cue the 007 theme.
Just saw this thread and laughed at this but a more appropriate theme music would be mission impossible. Because, if Balsa or Carbon should decide to accept this mission.....which he is the kind of guy that will....he will see to it that the new rc pilot will be flying and the mission will be completed.
Nov 08, 2018, 01:48 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickalls
UPDATE:

I have ordered a transmitter, receiver motor and speed controller.

Need battery plus charger oh and a plane! but hey, progress right.
Don't forget servos .

Did you make a chuck glider like I suggested ?

Nov 08, 2018, 02:37 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
BorC, they always skip the chuck glider , but that’s where the BASIC learning happens …
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Nov 08, 2018, 03:01 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
but that’s where the BASIC learning happens …
I agree !

Quick Reply