Oct 24, 2018, 05:03 PM
AeroDan
Thread OP
Discussion

Rage R/C “Vintage Stick” RTF

Anyone seen this as of yet? Neat, little model for an indoor gym/outdoor “0” wind conditions, but I HATE the way the throttle stick on the Tx. is sprung-closed (non-proportional). www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com
Last edited by Bell47G2; Oct 24, 2018 at 10:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2018, 03:43 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
Anyone seen this as of yet? Neat, little model for an indoor gym/outdoor “0” wind conditions, but I HATE the way the throttle stick on the Tx. is sprung-closed (non-proportional). www.hobbyrecreationproducts.com
I just noticed it. I've been looking for something to slow-fly in our cul-de-sac and backyard, and would rather not just get something like another Night Vapor. Still, I wonder how long this one would hold up . . .
Nov 01, 2018, 03:57 PM
Parkstormer!
What the heck, I went ahead and ordered one. I'll report in once it arrives.
Nov 02, 2018, 02:24 PM
AeroDan
Thread OP
Thanks, GradyLee. I have a cul-de-sac at the end of my block leading to a relatively-wide alleyway to the east. This would be a hoot!
Nov 08, 2018, 08:59 AM
Parkstormer!
Mine arrived earlier this week, well-packaged and with no damage (the shipping/carrying box reminded me of what you'd get with a Horizon Hobby UMX). I've tested the controls, etc., but haven't had a chance to fly it yet given "work emergencies." The quality seems decent, though, and it's attractive, so I'm hopeful. I should have it tested by sometime this weekend.
Nov 09, 2018, 10:56 AM
AeroDan
Thread OP
This could be my “Zero” wind, outdoor-plane just to horse around with.
Nov 10, 2018, 09:30 AM
I have this one for flying in my street.
Very easy to fly
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHBYB&P=ML
Nov 12, 2018, 03:37 PM
Parkstormer!
Work and other things have been crazy enough that I've only gotten in one cul-de-sac flight with mine, but so far I'm happy with my choice. The Rage had a bit more power than I expected (looping from level flight wasn't a problem, for instance), but with some throttle management I was able to comfortably cruise around the cul-de-sac. It was a tad sensitive on the elevator, but I quickly got used to that and was able to keep the flight smooth. You'll definitely want to land it by lowering the throttle and letting it settle in, rather than using the elevator to bleed off altitude, but I was also still able to do some touch-and-goes. The "cloth" scheme made the Rage easy-to-see against a background of grass, houses, trees, etc. I wasn't using a timer, but I believe that I ended the flight around the 10 minute mark without hitting LVC, given the throttle management. Only time will tell how it holds up to normal wear-and-tear, but so far so good.
Nov 12, 2018, 03:41 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
I have this one for flying in my street.
Very easy to fly
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHBYB&P=ML
I actually had one of these, briefly, but mine seemed to have been "built on a Monday," as the saying goes. Rare for me, as I've almost always had good luck with Tower products, otherwise. The Rage reminded me more of the INUM, with respect to size, power and weight, than it reminded me of the old ParkZone Ember, for instance, just FWIW.
Nov 12, 2018, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
I actually had one of these, briefly, but mine seemed to have been "built on a Monday," as the saying goes. Rare for me, as I've almost always had good luck with Tower products, otherwise. The Rage reminded me more of the INUM, with respect to size, power and weight, than it reminded me of the old ParkZone Ember, for instance, just FWIW.
What was wrong with it ?
Nov 13, 2018, 11:54 AM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66
What was wrong with it ?
I forget exactly; I just remember that I had to do some work on it to get it to fly. Then, on the first flight, the board burned up, complete with smoke, melting plastic, etc. I got it on sale for so little that I didn't make a warranty claim, but I also gave up on it at that point. Like I say, a rare thing for me, as I've had many great Tower products over the years . . . I'm sure if I ordered a second one it'd be fine, but I thought I'd give the Rage a chance.
Nov 14, 2018, 09:00 PM
Only thing that would stop me from buying this one, is having to use a funky little TX to fly it.
Since my main TX is Tactic, buying the INUM worked good for me.
Not sure, but I think I tossed the little TX.

Rarely fly mine, since most of my flying is done at a club field & I hate flying alone.
Actually, I have many UMX & other small planes that don't get flown much.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:51 PM

Reattaching the motor cables

Hi all, I am trying to re-attach the motor cables from the propeller to the circuit board, but I have no idea where to start and there don't appear to be instructions anywhere online. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Quick Reply