Oct 24, 2018, 01:35 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Servo beginner in need of help

Hi Everyone,

I am in need of a micro digital servo for a college project. The 9g ones would be around the right size. I just bought Futaba S3776SB servo but on arrival I realised it only has a 60 operational range - I need about double this. It needs to be very precise, high quality and very quick. It is only moving a small light so doesn't need a lot of torque. Willing to spend up to $100 if I find the right servo, could anyone recommend one to me? Ideally one that could work using a Raspberry Pi also.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2018, 07:02 AM
You might try using bing or google and searching for "180 degree servos". You should find many vendors.
Robot hobbyists have created a large demand for 180 degree servos. Good luck.
Last edited by PokoPete703; Oct 28, 2018 at 07:12 AM.
Nov 06, 2018, 02:40 PM
Custom Crawlerz - Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoinL559
Hi Everyone,

I am in need of a micro digital servo for a college project. The 9g ones would be around the right size. I just bought Futaba S3776SB servo but on arrival I realised it only has a 60 operational range - I need about double this. It needs to be very precise, high quality and very quick. It is only moving a small light so doesn't need a lot of torque. Willing to spend up to $100 if I find the right servo, could anyone recommend one to me? Ideally one that could work using a Raspberry Pi also.

Thanks
Hello,

Most Servos, can be changed to be able to rotate continuous when signal is applied and stop when you release if you know what your doing.. We modify Servos for use as Track/Wheel Drives for many of our Custom Builds..

If you have not found what you are looking for yet, let us know as we may be able to get you hooked up with the product you need..

Yours in the Hobby,
Jeff of Custom Crawlerz

Quick Reply