Amazing Giant F4U Corsair Indoor Flight - Video

Now here's something you don't see everyday. A giant 1/4 scale F4U Corsair with a 3M wingspan flying around... INDOORS!

Splash

Watch This Giant Corsair Fly Indoors!

Now here's something you don't see everyday. A giant 1/4 scale F4U Corsair with a 3M wingspan flying around... INDOORS! This is nuts and an amazing build made out of depron foam specifically for indoor flights.

It weighs in at 4kg and uses the mechanics and power system from a 450 sized electric helicopter for the motor. It runs on a 3S 2000mAh lipo and has functioning fold up wings, lights, flaps, retracts, the works! It is absolutely incredible to watch and it almost looks fake with how slow and graceful it is flying. The pilot is JŁrgen SchŲnle and the video is from the Modell Hobby Spiel Leipzig 2018 in Germany. Well done!

Oct 24, 2018, 12:04 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
So sweet.
Oct 24, 2018, 12:41 PM
Build details here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-f-4-scale1-4
Oct 24, 2018, 03:36 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Same group that has done helium filled jumbo jets and others. All awesome stuff!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Oct 25, 2018, 10:38 AM
Crazy Canuck
Goblin 570 helicopter on 3s 2400mah. Still amazing work. wonder if he would ever make something like a big Zeppelin now that would be cool.
Oct 26, 2018, 05:21 PM
Would be interested to see how this flies outside with just a tiny wind and they gave'r all she has.
Oct 27, 2018, 07:47 AM
Would love to see this in a kit for sale at Horizon, or Tower.
Oct 27, 2018, 08:06 AM
Not sure if everyone is aware of it, but this does not use helium like the airliners refered to above. It is just extremely light.
Oct 27, 2018, 01:13 PM
B for Bruce
That's quite the design and build effort. And primarily in depron too.

I've seen more than once where the old school guys moan about the death of building in this hobby. But I've seen too many really great efforts built using foam in various ways. And models like this show that there very much are still keen builders in this hobby. They simply are not using balsa any more. This really shows that top class models can be built by top class designers and builders with any materials.
Latest blog entry: Garden Gliders
Oct 27, 2018, 07:10 PM
Thatís the most awesome model build and flight that Iíve seen in a long time.

I was clapping like a fool.
Nov 06, 2018, 01:26 PM
That's awesome, I want one. Thanks for sharing
John
Today, 08:06 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Very impressive!

Though I think this is the only time I have ever thought that a scale model flight looks wrong because the model is flying too slow!!!!!

Quick Reply