Oct 07, 2019, 01:54 PM

Fpv

Hello from Germany.
I have ordered the Fimi A3 and would like to know which FPV system is compatible?
It can be glasses, but not necessarily.
Have little idea of ​​it and therefore need a recommendation from you.
Should be easy and not too expensive.
Thank you very much.

-translated with Google-
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2019, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra_fpv
For this batteries I use ToolkitRC M8 charger and it allows to change cutoff voltage. For Lipo from 4.15V to 4.25V, for LiHV from 4.30V to 4.40V.
For A3 bateries I set 4.25V.
What cable and adapters are you using to connect the A3 battery to the ToolkitRC M8?
Oct 07, 2019, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarX21
Hello from Germany.
I have ordered the Fimi A3 and would like to know which FPV system is compatible?
It can be glasses, but not necessarily.
Have little idea of ​​it and therefore need a recommendation from you.
Should be easy and not too expensive.
Thank you very much.

-translated with Google-
The A3 sends 5.8g video that can be received by nearly any set of goggles that has a 5.8 receiver. Also, you can connect a cable from the A3 controller to the video input of most goggles to see the flight without using the 5.8 receivers on the goggles. If you view direct from goggles you won't see the OSD information that the controller adds. If you connect a cable from the controller to your goggles you can see everything.

You can find goggle from $35 to $500
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR0..._warehouse=USA
Oct 07, 2019, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducs
I am using a SkyRC IMAX B6AC V2 which, apart from the built-in power brick, I think has basically the same electronics as yours and it balances nicely.
However, I am not charging my A3 batteries by connecting the main charge cable (that with the banana plugs) to the battery's JST-XH charge port.

That JST connector on the A3's batteries is internally fused using PPTC devices. These "fuses" introduce additional resistance.
If the balance charger is solely connected via JST port, then especially the fuse for the third cell is of concern, because the main charge current flows through it.

In case you do put the main charge current through the JST port, then this could be the reason for the imbalance you see.
-
I see you are an expert.
I made my personal version of the mod cable as found following the instruction foud on YT (see f1).
the f2 show the final voltage after storage program while the f3 show the resistance by using the mod DIY cable. what do you thing about that ? Is it safe for the battery? i made all this only because i want to put the battery in storage state when i don't use it for a while. thank you.
Oct 07, 2019, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by averola
I have to buy a battery for the fimi a3 at banggod and I am amazed that the normal price is 27.47 and the group purchase at 32.97. Someone knows that it is because in a group it is more expensive.
https://m.banggood.com/es/Xiaomi-FIM...SABEgLZ9_D_BwE
I bought the second battery at 39.10, it was the beginning of the sale, and the third at 26.88 all from banggood; both are original; don't forget to choose the customs tariff insurance.
Oct 07, 2019, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anto22
I see you are an expert.
I made my personal version of the mod cable as found following the instruction foud on YT (see f1).
the f2 show the final voltage after storage program while the f3 show the resistance by using the mod DIY cable. what do you thing about that ? Is it safe for the battery? i made all this only because i want to put the battery in storage state when i don't use it for a while. thank you.
I see no reason why your solution could be unsafe for the battery. It seems to result in just a minor imbalance.
The weird values of the internal resistance measurement are also due to the fuses that FIMI added to safeguard their use of a male JST connector on their battery. That doesn't indicate any problem with the battery.

To get meaningful resistance values the main charge leads would need to be connected directly to the LiPo battery pack.

A more "elegant" solution compared to what is shown on the attached photo would be to connect the main current leads of the charger to the A3 battery using a suitable type of laptop battery connector that plugs into the connector through which the A3 is powered during operation. Some users in this thread have already done this.
Oct 08, 2019, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
The A3 sends 5.8g video that can be received by nearly any set of goggles that has a 5.8 receiver. Also, you can connect a cable from the A3 controller to the video input of most goggles to see the flight without using the 5.8 receivers on the goggles. If you view direct from goggles you won't see the OSD information that the controller adds. If you connect a cable from the controller to your goggles you can see everything.

You can find goggle from $35 to $500
https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR0..._warehouse=USA
Thank you, the answer helped me a lot.
I would like to use the FPV system, because the screen of the remote control is not easy to read.
Oct 08, 2019, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducs
I see no reason why your solution could be unsafe for the battery. It seems to result in just a minor imbalance.
The weird values of the internal resistance measurement are also due to the fuses that FIMI added to safeguard their use of a male JST connector on their battery. That doesn't indicate any problem with the battery.

To get meaningful resistance values the main charge leads would need to be connected directly to the LiPo battery pack.

A more "elegant" solution compared to what is shown on the attached photo would be to connect the main current leads of the charger to the A3 battery using a suitable type of laptop battery connector that plugs into the connector through which the A3 is powered during operation. Some users in this thread have already done this.
OK Thank you; I will search in the forum for the "elegant" solution
Oct 08, 2019, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by averola
I have to buy a battery for the fimi a3 at banggod and I am amazed that the normal price is 27.47 and the group purchase at 32.97. Someone knows that it is because in a group it is more expensive.
https://m.banggood.com/es/Xiaomi-FIM...SABEgLZ9_D_BwE
No I don't think so, is because the price change during different period, now they offer a that price from 7 to 14 october. I bought my first battery at 39.10 at the very beginning and the second at 26.88. Up to now I never had problem with banggood.
Oct 08, 2019, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau
Anyone know where you can get an extra 3S JST-XH male/male charge cable for the A3? Just want a single cable for charging 1 battery.
Did you finally find this cable ? I'm searching too. I don't want to make another DIY cable
Oct 08, 2019, 02:06 PM
I usually cut off the balance leads from my old batteries and save them if needed. This was one of the rare cases where I could use some of the junk I have been saving lol. I connected two of them, wire for wire and it works great.

I think the stock battery is good quality but wish there were less expensive batteries out there than 29 + shipping. I could use an extra.
Oct 08, 2019, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoth
What cable and adapters are you using to connect the A3 battery to the ToolkitRC M8?
I have bought proper connectors and made two cables.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...62b04c4d9y9ikj
Oct 09, 2019, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra_fpv
I have bought proper connectors and made two cables.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...62b04c4d9y9ikj
i see. very interesting.which pins did you connect and with which polarity?
Oct 09, 2019, 02:22 AM
Four pins from left hand side are shorted as "+", four pins from right hand side are shorted as "-".
Oct 09, 2019, 10:09 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
I finally got my sma replacement antenna wires to start my antenna upgrade project a la Stevea3342.
Hopefully finish by the weekend and start testing various antennas.

Anybody been testing any other antenna types?

Quick Reply