Sep 16, 2019, 01:27 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipdaddy
Well I just realized you have to turn off the receiver on the goggles when using the cable. Now the OSD from the remote displays perfectly.
Sweet!

I'm going to make up my own charge cables to use hobby charger but I did buy the URUAV charger for taking it on the road easily. My other LiHV lipos have not seemed to suffer from High Voltage charging.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 09:37 PM
So are people still receiving A3's with the fogging problem?
Has anyone received one within the month of September that has the fogging problem?
Thanks, just trying to figure out if Fimi solved the issue for good...
Sep 17, 2019, 08:18 AM
I received mine in August and all is well. No Fogging issues here.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Awesome, great to hear thank you.
Sep 17, 2019, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Same thing here, no fogging. Received it 08-2019 from gearbest. Production date is 2019-03 on drone and on box it says 2019-06.
I can see small amount of glue near camera lens, maybe it was some kind of after production repair.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:54 PM
Glad to hear that the fogging issues have been resolved with A3 drones that are arriving in September. I should be getting my A3 in the next couple days!
Sep 18, 2019, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoth
Glad to hear that the fogging issues have been resolved with A3 drones that are arriving in September. I should be getting my A3 in the next couple days!
Welcome to RCGroups!
Sep 18, 2019, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoth
Looking forward to your assessment, ordered mine and awaiting shipping...
Sep 18, 2019, 03:27 PM
After some reading I've decided to proceed with buying 2 of these cheap, and simple Skyrc E3 chargers .

Anyone used them with Fimi A3 batteries?
Specs seems pretty close to original charger.
Suppose it shouldn't be smart enough to figure out I'm charging LiHV instead of LiPO.
My idea is to get longer overall life from the batteries by charging them to 4.2 instead of 4.35V.
Sep 18, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankij
After some reading I've decided to proceed with buying 2 of these cheap, and simple Skyrc E3 chargers .

Anyone used them with Fimi A3 batteries?
Specs seems pretty close to original charger.
Suppose it shouldn't be smart enough to figure out I'm charging LiHV instead of LiPO.
My idea is to get longer overall life from the batteries by charging them to 4.2 instead of 4.35V.
I'm not sure that will be the case but maybe. The lipo says on the label that it can be max charged up to LiHV level so I'm going to get every drop of performance I can get from mine. But I will not charge them at over 1C charge rate to preserve them.
Sep 18, 2019, 04:53 PM
Lipo or lihv, I don't see any reason not to charge all the way to their rated charge voltage. Agree with rgs2010, want to charge at 1c. Also don't store any battery at full charge.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
I'm not sure that will be the case but maybe. The lipo says on the label that it can be max charged up to LiHV level so I'm going to get every drop of performance I can get from mine. But I will not charge them at over 1C charge rate to preserve them.
What is the max voltage printed on your lipo? Both of mine say max voltage 12.75V. The model number is DC01A3.

One was manufactured 01/19 and the other one is 03/19. The 03/19 puffs slightly by the end of a flight. It was left fully charged at the 13.05V LiHV for 3 or 4 weeks.

I've started charging them using the standard 11.1V setting since I leave them charged for 2 or 3 days before I use them.

Just wondering if they've come out with an updated version that shows the max charge of 13.05V
Sep 18, 2019, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau
What is the max voltage printed on your lipo? Both of mine say max voltage 12.75V. The model number is DC01A3.

One was manufactured 01/19 and the other one is 03/19. The 03/19 puffs slightly by the end of a flight. It was left fully charged at the 13.05V LiHV for 3 or 4 weeks.

I've started charging them using the standard 11.1V setting since I leave them charged for 2 or 3 days before I use them.

Just wondering if they've come out with an updated version that shows the max charge of 13.05V
My extra battery that I ordered showed up yesterday and the model on it is also a DC01A3. Shows max voltage of 12.75 volts and has a manufactured date of 06/2019.
Sep 18, 2019, 10:50 PM
I don't see how you can safely charge this battery with any LiHV charger if the max volts is 12.75. No wonder folks here are saying that LiHV charging them is killing the batteries.
Sep 19, 2019, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I don't see how you can safely charge this battery with any LiHV charger if the max volts is 12.75. No wonder folks here are saying that LiHV charging them is killing the batteries.
True, that's my opinion also. I don't see a reason why Fimi wouldn't deliver balance charges for 13.05 instead of 12.75 if this wasn't the case. Would you buy from Fimi again if your battery died after 10 rides when charged with original charger? Suppose not. You would blame them and Fimi A3 would be marked as bad product.
That was a marketing decision. Enthusiasts, you can safely go to 13.05 and get better fly time without risk of battery explosion, but
It was a good decision from their side.

Quick Reply