Jul 21, 2019, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Arent these cables standardsised! Maybe you can get a similar one at a electronics supplier?

May you post pics of the complete cable and the plugs, please?
Looks like the cable is hard-wired to the camera.
I could not find any way to access the other end of that cable inside the camera body.
I'm hoping I can buy the camera assembly with the cables.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2019, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
I'd say contact your seller or Fimi, but so far I for one haven't seen spare A3 cameras for sale nor A3 camera parts. They do sell spare A3 bodies (complete craft) though, but at a cost of course https://www.banggood.com/Xiaomi-FIMI...r_warehouse=CN At that price I would get a brand new A3 set.
Yeah, that is all I've seen too.
$275 USD for just the body minus battery and controller.
Jul 21, 2019, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDvo
Looks like the cable is hard-wired to the camera.
I could not find any way to access the other end of that cable inside the camera body.
I'm hoping I can buy the camera assembly with the cables.
I couldn’t notice from the pics, where is the damage in the ribbon cable? Did it come off from inside the camera?

Are the ribbon connectors OK at the quad’s main body?
Contact Fimi and ask if they can sell a new camera/gimbal with the ribbon and wires just to connect to the main board.

Don’t forget to ask for a camera that doesn’t fog the lens...
Jul 21, 2019, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDvo
You can program it to automatically return when it has low voltage.

and how does one do that? I know it gives you a warning at 30% so it is a good idea to bring her home, but did not know you can program it to come home at low battery.
Jul 22, 2019, 07:00 AM
Got my A3 friday and flew it three times over the weekend. I’ve only ever used cheap little AIO cams for FPV and was amazed at how much better the live feed was to my goggles on the A3. I could see much further into the distance while objects almost looked three dimensional as I was flying over them.

Something else I was impressed by was being able to FPV in 5.8ghz with a camera attached to a gimbal. Between it keeping the camera level at all times and being able to look straight down while you’re cruising was a new experience for me.

1080p video quality was in line with what I expected, not the best but very stable and slightly oversaturated. I think even race pilots who are used to a fixed angle camera would enjoy exploring in the A3.
Jul 22, 2019, 07:52 AM
Vistula River (1 min 38 sec)
Jul 22, 2019, 12:22 PM
Res Ipsa Loquitur
This is exactly why I got the A3. Having a 5.8 feed lets me use all my race quad gear. Its actually kind of nice after a few rounds of doing flips and close proximity flying to cap off the day with a leisurely flight with the A3. Its not the best camera drone (go with a Spark if you want more dedicated camera functionality) but for what it is it works really well for me. In some ways I enjoy flying it as much as my Autel Evo, and I'm less stressed because there's ~$200 in the air vs $1K in the air. If only they hadn't released that batch with foggy lenses... (but they did right by me and sent me a replacement drone at no cost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route666
Got my A3 friday and flew it three times over the weekend. Iíve only ever used cheap little AIO cams for FPV and was amazed at how much better the live feed was to my goggles on the A3. I could see much further into the distance while objects almost looked three dimensional as I was flying over them.

Something else I was impressed by was being able to FPV in 5.8ghz with a camera attached to a gimbal. Between it keeping the camera level at all times and being able to look straight down while youíre cruising was a new experience for me.

1080p video quality was in line with what I expected, not the best but very stable and slightly oversaturated. I think even race pilots who are used to a fixed angle camera would enjoy exploring in the A3.
Jul 22, 2019, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Pre-ordered mine from Banggood.
I guess there will be import taxes and customs?
Jul 22, 2019, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncow
I guess there will be import taxes and customs?
Nope, none.

Depends on what type of shipping you chose. If you're impatient and got expediated shipping, you highly likely will have to pay taxes/customs
Jul 23, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
The A3 firmware updating process is pretty simple, and for me it just went thru it with hickups every single time. This video explains how to update your A3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0cIVEds6U
Hi guys! I have a Serious Issue. It seems the during the update process, I managed to pull the batteries and so I ended up witha bricked Fimi A3. It just beeps. I already wrote to fimi supprt, but no answer yet. Any ideas, solutions ?

Thank you and watch out with the upgrades!
Jul 24, 2019, 06:29 AM

Fimi A3 Bricked ?

Dear All!
I have tried to update my Fimi A3 to the latest FW (ver fimi-a3-fc-1027-d).
I copied teh FC.bin from my PC.
A pulled USB cable from it and restarted the Fimi A3.
The White Led Lights blinked fast for around 30 seconds.
Then the device slowly moved Gimbal and all leds slowly blinked for around 1 minute.
I tried to Power Off the device. Nothing happened.
Then I took out the battery.
When next time I Powered on the device, the device is making only sound beeps.

It seems to be bricked .... Any ideas ?
Last edited by picimobile; Jul 24, 2019 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Updates
Jul 24, 2019, 08:27 AM

Camera Signal Cable

Hi Timmy,
I broke my A3 also. There is no FPV picture.
But I think the flat ribbon cables are for the gimbal controller and the multi wire is for video signal. I have found a disconnected wire on mine and resoldered it. Still there was no picture. I have written costumer service twice but have received no answer!
Jul 24, 2019, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picimobile
Dear All!
Then the device slowly moved Gimbal and all leds slowly blinked for around 1 minute.

If you power on the Fimi A3 and connect it your PC via USB cable, can you still see the UPGRADE storage device?
If yes, is the FC.bin file still on it?

Furthermore, can you check if there are any "hidden" files on the UPGRADE storage?
There should be two hidden files, FC.INI anf NFZ.INI.
Jul 25, 2019, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picimobile
Dear All!

For what it's worth.... when I first tried to upgrade mine, I had my micro SD card in the drone. When connected to my PC it didn't show the "upgrade" folder. It only showed the SD card and I didn't know. Copied the upgrade file to the root of that, BAD. After I thought about it I took out the SD card and connected the drone to PC. It then showed the correct "upgrade" folder.

I don't think you can upgrade properly with a SD card in the drone. Have you tried to remove the card if it's in there and then turn on the drone?
Jul 25, 2019, 02:36 PM
Thanks for NilsesOwen and Ducs for the tipp.

It seems I was very very novice and stupid...... it turned out that the problem was with Powering on the Drone. I was not using corretly the Press Short then Press Long technique.

Now the Leds are already blinking at least . Will update tomorrow...

Quick Reply