Jul 05, 2019, 05:33 PM
Worked with GWTR warehouse. Thanks!!!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2019, 05:43 PM
Glad I could help. You'll like the A3; I certainly do
Jul 05, 2019, 11:42 PM

Maiden in Australia!

Please to report the maiden of my A3 (3/19 body 4/19 on box)
No problems so far!
There is hope.
Just got to work out how to post the 1GB video files?
FC 1027
RC 1020
CAM 1015
NFZ 1001
Rest of setting out of the box!
Last edited by Grey Badger; Jul 05, 2019 at 11:51 PM. Reason: update
Jul 09, 2019, 03:50 AM

Fimi A3 1st Flight - Foggy Lens Issue

Fimi A3 1st Flight - Foggy Lens Issue (25 min 45 sec)
Jul 09, 2019, 09:23 AM
Do you happen to have a link to the "lens fix"? Have one of these coming and was just curious how hard it was to modify if I have the fogging issue.

Thanks
Jul 09, 2019, 10:28 PM
I recently purchased fimi a3, when I connect the remote with drone it some shows blue screen and sometimes shows a very dull video output the drone was at a distance of half a feet away. Any suggestions what should I do.?
Jul 10, 2019, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal Dharod
I recently purchased fimi a3, when I connect the remote with drone it some shows blue screen and sometimes shows a very dull video output the drone was at a distance of half a feet away. Any suggestions what should I do.?
Have you tried resetting all your camera parameters? Last option in the camera menu: "restore default parameters"
Jul 10, 2019, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipdaddy
Do you happen to have a link to the "lens fix"? Have one of these coming and was just curious how hard it was to modify if I have the fogging issue.

Thanks
A fellow member has posted the document from Fimi in this thread some time ago.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=567
Jul 11, 2019, 05:44 AM
I got the same instruction from the Fimi support. But the weather is ok, so I didnít do this modification yet.
But the same time I was writing with banggood and finally they have arranged the resend of the new lens. Iím really curious what I will receive.
Jul 11, 2019, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone! Hopefully it's a non-issue.
Jul 11, 2019, 02:14 PM
I really like the overall design of the A3 but the quality control scares me. This year I’ve already returned a Hubsan Zino and a Mavic Air due to build defects that showed up within weeks of buying them.

So far the only up to par camera drone I’ve bought was a refurb Parrot Bebop 1 for $99. It does the job but I’m not on the edge of my seat to fly it.
Jul 11, 2019, 06:51 PM
Traveling in Southern Utah, USA. No foggy lens, but the air was bone dry and at times temps were well above 100F. These are stills taken from the video recorded by the Fimi A3. No color correction has been applied. I hope to have some video up by the weekend. I was quite impressed with its ability to withstand high gusty winds even at elevation above 10,00ft (3,000m). All flights followed FAA and US NPS regulations.
Jul 12, 2019, 11:59 AM
Yess, tried even updating but it is not even getting updated. Not even remote control is getting updated it stops in between.
Jul 12, 2019, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Have you tried resetting all your camera parameters? Last option in the camera menu: "restore default parameters"
Yes I havre tried this option too, tried even updating but it is not even getting updated gets stuck in between.
Jul 12, 2019, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunal Dharod
Yes I havre tried this option too, tried even updating but it is not even getting updated gets stuck in between.
The A3 firmware updating process is pretty simple, and for me it just went thru it with hickups every single time. This video explains how to update your A3:

How to update Xiaomi Fimi A3 firmware in 2 minutes? (2 min 12 sec)

Quick Reply