Thread Tools
Nov 06, 2018, 04:29 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreso0
I haven't seen this thread before, so let me ask the question here - what does the mixed 2-axis mechanical and 3-axis electrical gimbal mean? Is it like two versions, or it has built in bought and why?

And besides the camera, what whould you say, which are the mail negative sides of FIMI A3, comparing to a MI 4k drone? I mean, the price is really great if the only disadvantage is a FHD camera.
1) Physically, there is a 2-axis gimbal (pitch & roll) and the stabilization for yaw direction is done in a posprocessing stage of the camera, like the spark do its stabilization. In practice, for the yaw direction, it should be a little be less efficient than a real 3-axis gimbal but no so much more since the most difficult stabilization task is done physically for the pitch & rolls axis.

2) [email protected] versus [email protected] and I would say more [email protected] versus [email protected] for the Xiaomi 4K. If the A3 could do some [email protected], it woud be even more interesting…. but I guess it can do but without the EIS for the yaw direction…. No free lunch. In any case, I think the A3 can be really nice cheap plateform if the stabilization is efficient as shown in the promotional video…. Answer in a couple of days…. So wait & See.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2018, 01:44 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Mine for review should be shipped within a week, well I hope . For the battery, I am afraid it will be around 40-50$ ....
I'm looking forward to seeing some hands on reviews!

Meh, that wouldn't be a terrible price, but it would be nice if they were less than $30. I like that they have a regular charging port so we can use existing Lipo chargers.
Nov 09, 2018, 02:31 AM
Registered User
The price is more or less the same as hubsan H501s, but looks like better in every aspect.
I will compare the 2 soon
Nov 11, 2018, 01:44 PM
Registered User
i just to buy mine on aliexpress with coupon code for 220euro so it s incredible price for this kind of machine!!yes it s not 6oi/s but if it s good than dji spark, it will be already very great for most of us!
only one thing is missing is waypoint...it s only one bad point for me!!
does it touchscreen?
i think it will be available this week so first review will arrive rapidly..
zino for example is almost 150e more expansive so not in the same categorie(not same weigth too..).
i cross my fingers that xiaomi will sell some upgrads on their gpio port ..we will see!!but for this price, we have only a racing drone with a good battery...or cheap hubsan but without the same level of build quality(plastic shell cheaper,electronics)

seb: dommage que tu ne fasses jamais une seule video en francais...
Nov 11, 2018, 02:07 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007
i just to buy mine on aliexpress with coupon code for 220euro so it s incredible price for this kind of machine!!yes it s not 6oi/s but if it s good than dji spark, it will be already very great for most of us!
only one thing is missing is waypoint...it s only one bad point for me!!
does it touchscreen?
i think it will be available this week so first review will arrive rapidly..
zino for example is almost 150e more expansive so not in the same categorie(not same weigth too..).
i cross my fingers that xiaomi will sell some upgrads on their gpio port ..we will see!!but for this price, we have only a racing drone with a good battery...or cheap hubsan but without the same level of build quality(plastic shell cheaper,electronics)

seb: dommage que tu ne fasses jamais une seule video en francais...

BG is assumed to ship their first items from tmr .... Will see if it's true or not. I agree if the stabilization is as good as promoted.... this machine is very interesting as first Video plateform. I don't see it as a Zino competitor but more as aesenma, Banyangtoy ones.....

P.S Oui j'ai démarré en anglais ... et je finirai en anglais en tout cas pour les drones
Nov 11, 2018, 02:31 PM
Registered User
https://www.fimi.com/fimi-a3.html

here you can see manual.

aesenma or others are not same level of quality,i am pretty sure..and for video/quality stab there are all far behind i think.
it s more or less than a dji spark...same video spec with more fligth time but without optical flow(i ve never seen the real utilities) and some others features like waypoint.
Nov 12, 2018, 04:03 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
mine is in "back order" state ….
Nov 13, 2018, 02:21 AM
Registered User
I've got a strange info from Gearbest - at Q&A section for FIMI A3, somebody asked about needed SD card, and the answer from Gearbest was that for 4k shooting you need a lot of space, blah, blah.. (I'll paste it below):

Q
Where does the drone store image/video footage? Is there a Micro SD card slot, or does it use internal memory? If so, what is the on-board storage capacity?
By Alex Nov-01/2018 18:25:52

A
Hello Alex,
The images and videos are stored in the SD card of the PTZ camera. There are card slots on the PTZ camera. Users can select the SD card capacity according to their needs. Because 4k video files take up a lot of space, we recommend using cards with larger capacity and read/write speeds above U3.


Regarding that, I asked the question about mentioned 4k and I got the e-mail:

Your original question is "Hello, in the answer on the first question you wrote about a lot of space needed for shooting in 4k. Why is that relevant if, you can shoot in FHD only? Or I missed something?"

Here is the answer from Our Customer service Team:

"Hello Kreso,

It supports 4k. "


Can anybody tell me what's the explanation, if we've been talking about FHD shooting all the time?
Nov 13, 2018, 03:18 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreso0
I've got a strange info from Gearbest - at Q&A section for FIMI A3, somebody asked about needed SD card, and the answer from Gearbest was that for 4k shooting you need a lot of space, blah, blah.. (I'll paste it below):

Q
Where does the drone store image/video footage? Is there a Micro SD card slot, or does it use internal memory? If so, what is the on-board storage capacity?
By Alex Nov-01/2018 18:25:52

A
Hello Alex,
The images and videos are stored in the SD card of the PTZ camera. There are card slots on the PTZ camera. Users can select the SD card capacity according to their needs. Because 4k video files take up a lot of space, we recommend using cards with larger capacity and read/write speeds above U3.


Regarding that, I asked the question about mentioned 4k and I got the e-mail:

Your original question is "Hello, in the answer on the first question you wrote about a lot of space needed for shooting in 4k. Why is that relevant if, you can shoot in FHD only? Or I missed something?"

Here is the answer from Our Customer service Team:

"Hello Kreso,

It supports 4k. "


Can anybody tell me what's the explanation, if we've been talking about FHD shooting all the time?

I am very sceptical about the 4K support..... And if there is one I guess it will be without EIS ....
Nov 13, 2018, 03:47 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Yeah, I doubt there is 4K on the A3; just a case of misinformed customer service
Nov 13, 2018, 04:08 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Yeah, I doubt there is 4K on the A3; just a case of misinformed customer service
With the 4K support, they would kill they own MI4K larger brother ....
Nov 13, 2018, 05:03 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
With the 4K support, they would kill they own MI4K larger brother ....
Indeed.

I think the Fimi A3 should be compared to something like the MJX Bugs2W which sold for almost the same at introduction as the A3. In such a comparison the A3 will easily win, even with just a 2 axis gimbal and its video capabilities will surely be better than the stuttering video out of the B2W.
Nov 13, 2018, 05:52 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Indeed.

I think the Fimi A3 should be compared to something like the MJX Bugs2W which sold for almost the same at introduction as the A3. In such a comparison the A3 will easily win, even with just a 2 axis gimbal and its video capabilities will surely be better than the stuttering video out of the B2W.
With only a couple of bucks more than an Hubsan H501A.... the Fimi A3 price segment is very attractive for sure ... According to my BG's contact... now shipping is just a question of days/hours
Nov 13, 2018, 08:04 AM
Registered User
The only thing that's bothering me is the camera and is it worth paying around $150 more for Mi 4k or $130 more for Hubsan Zino.
Actually, with my action camera, I'm usually shooting in 1080p 30 FPS, but I'm not sure is it good enough for drone shooting. I'm not looking for the 4k camera in that price range, but if there would be an option for 1080p 60 FPS, I would have made a decision already.
For me, there is no other big cons, comparing it to the Mi 4k, so the first few customer videos/reviews will be a key factor for making a decision.

Also, is it possible that some of the future firmware updates will enable 1080p 60 FPS, like they said it should be the case with Zino? Or it can not be done with the same hardware?
Nov 13, 2018, 09:30 AM
Registered User
Pixelpeter's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreso0
Also, is it possible that some of the future firmware updates will enable 1080p 60 FPS, like they said it should be the case with Zino? Or it can not be done with the same hardware?
Depends on the hardware (image sensor, graphic chip) and Fimi: do they really want to up the specs?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI FPV 4K 30fps & 1080P Camera 3-Axis Gimbal Squirrels Mini Multirotor Drones 81 Jul 22, 2017 09:04 AM
Discussion Xiaomi MI Drone released at 2,499 yuan androidj Multirotor Drone Talk 28 Jul 14, 2016 06:02 PM