Oct 24, 2018, 12:49 AM
Latest blog entry: BeeRotor BLS20A used DSHOT
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2018, 02:36 AM
Thread OP
The A3 won't be available before mid november ....
Definitively if the stabilization is as good as the MI 4K can offer..... with such price segment.... it can be an hot cake seller as first video plateform....
Oct 27, 2018, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
Just saw this first video

NOVO DRONE XIAOMI FIMI A3 !!! CONCORRENTE DO HUBSAN ZINO E DJI SPARK?? (1 min 49 sec)

The video stabilization looks great (if it's unedided)
Oct 27, 2018, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
That's the big question: was that actual footage straight out of the A3 camera; I'm always very sceptical about those promotional videos.

I really like the simple setup and the FPV possibilities.
Oct 27, 2018, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
Just saw this first video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DscQcQFvtF8

There was only a few seconds of drone footage In this promo video and I doubt it was even from the Fimi, Iím skeptical, but happy if Iím wrong. Whatís strange is that the EIS tech is out there.....why the hobby grade drone manufacturers donít take advantage is beyond me.
Oct 28, 2018, 03:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino54
There was only a few seconds of drone footage In this promo video and I doubt it was even from the Fimi, Iím skeptical, but happy if Iím wrong. Whatís strange is that the EIS tech is out there.....why the hobby grade drone manufacturers donít take advantage is beyond me.
Well hard to say if it's post-stabilized or not but I have some hope in the sens that FIMI knows how to produce good gimbal+camera systems.... With EIS, IMHO ressults are not yet as goos as mechanical stabilization. Looks parrot with the Anafi.... They went back from their 100% EIS beboop solution
Oct 28, 2018, 05:04 AM
GearBest just put up a quote on the Fimi A3 and it is: Ä394.26! That's unrealistically waaay more than BG

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopt...ml?wid=1433363

While the Hubsan Zino is quoted at: Ä351.12 (presale price) at GB:

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopt...ml?wid=1433363
Oct 28, 2018, 06:54 AM
Thread OP
I think the official price of the A3 is under 300USD and close to 250.... If not, no real chance to trap some clients.
Oct 28, 2018, 09:53 PM
geekbuying.com
Xiaomi FIMI A3 official video
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...o-for-100-less
Latest blog entry: Geekbuying Offers Free samples
Oct 29, 2018, 04:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekBuying

It's not the official video but your customized one with your Website It's exactly the same videos I posted few days ago.
Oct 31, 2018, 09:21 AM
Thread OP
There are already some firmware updates (camera, fw and radio) for the machine but no log txt file included ... Can't wait to have mine
Nov 04, 2018, 02:56 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Strange Gearbest has the high price listed now.

However: If you switch from CN-099 to HK warehouse and back: the price glitches to 236 Euro

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopt...&lkid=16879709
Nov 04, 2018, 08:51 PM
I wonder what spare batteries will cost? The accessories for the DIY port seem interesting too. Fireworks on a drone, that will make for some interesting youtube videos. lol

I pre ordered 1 on BG, for the price of $260. At that price it's a good way to test the waters to see if I will actually use it enough to justify a nicer one if I decide to later as this will be my first drone with a camera. The screen built into the controller is a nice plus though. No messing with a phone or tablet and making sure it's up to date with the drone and battery, even DJI hasn't done that yet.

Now I just hope that it really does come by the end of November. I'm sure they're going to want these in stock for Christmas.
Nov 05, 2018, 01:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudenow12
I wonder what spare batteries will cost? The accessories for the DIY port seem interesting too. Fireworks on a drone, that will make for some interesting youtube videos. lol

I pre ordered 1 on BG, for the price of $260. At that price it's a good way to test the waters to see if I will actually use it enough to justify a nicer one if I decide to later as this will be my first drone with a camera. The screen built into the controller is a nice plus though. No messing with a phone or tablet and making sure it's up to date with the drone and battery, even DJI hasn't done that yet.

Now I just hope that it really does come by the end of November. I'm sure they're going to want these in stock for Christmas.
Mine for review should be shipped within a week, well I hope . For the battery, I am afraid it will be around 40-50$ ....
Nov 06, 2018, 03:34 AM
I haven't seen this thread before, so let me ask the question here - what does the mixed 2-axis mechanical and 3-axis electrical gimbal mean? Is it like two versions, or it has built in bought and why?

And besides the camera, what whould you say, which are the mail negative sides of FIMI A3, comparing to a MI 4k drone? I mean, the price is really great if the only disadvantage is a FHD camera.

Quick Reply