Oct 21, 2018, 10:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Top Model Thermik Dream

Has anyone flown one of these? You can buy them from Aloft Hobbies, just curious about them.

Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2018, 03:04 PM

Thermik dream

Nice flying plane. Probably not competitive as a contets model. but will do well as an ALES sport . I have one for sale for a friend who no longer flys. $600 + shipping

complete with Hitec servos ; Geared Aveox motor & castlecreations controller

Phil
Nov 11, 2018, 08:12 PM
I'm also interested to know anyone's current experience with the Thermic Dream, or Diva. Based on older threads I have purchased a T.D. from TopModelCZ - on paper it seems to be a good, sturdy sport thermal ship for windier days and ok at the slope too. (Thanks for the videos SpeedsterDen!) I'll be fitting mine with Turnigy SK3/840 Glider Drive & carbon 12x8 prop (to start), Turnigy Plush 60A ESC, FrSky G-RX6 rx, Power HD-1711MG servos (4) for the wings and Corona DS-939MG for the rudder and elevator.

Comments appreciated.
Nov 12, 2018, 11:45 AM
DS will change your life
As you say it is ok for thermal and slope on windy days, it has a good glide but don’t expect really low sink rate as a pure thermal glider.
I sold mine last year, but we still have the TD and also the Diva in my club, and they have not been flying much this season.

Cheers
Soren
Nov 12, 2018, 09:13 PM
Thanks for comment Soren. I intend to use the T.D. on days where it's too windy for anything else.
Jan 02, 2019, 12:19 PM
MorE t0Yz iz m0Re gO0dER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedsterDEN
As you say it is ok for thermal and slope on windy days, it has a good glide but don’t expect really low sink rate as a pure thermal glider.
I sold mine last year, but we still have the TD and also the Diva in my club, and they have not been flying much this season.

Cheers
Soren
Hello again Soren.

I am looking for an electric between 2.5 & 3M .
I have been considering and looking over offerings from top models and Art hobby.
I fly inland flat field currently, climb and search for thermal mostly , and also fly at shore on occasion.
What would be your choice for this type of flying?

All the best to you and yours in 2019
Jan 02, 2019, 03:47 PM
DS will change your life
I would go for a Arthobby glider any time, the Thermik Dream/ Dive is too heavy to be a good thermal glider.
I sold mine and got a Silent, and it,s much better for your type of flying, or even much of the + 2,5 meter Arthobby gliders are better

Cheers
Soren
Jul 03, 2020, 09:28 AM
CR5
CR5
All out of icing sugar
A little heavy as a pure thermal hunter but would it be a good choice for someone who's looking for something to thermal some days and still be able to handle the slopes?

I have 1.5m and 2m thermal gliders plus a 1.5m Great Planes Kunai electric I've upgraded to 325Watts plus a 1m DLG but would like something larger with a motor that can thermal the hay field by my house but still take to the slopes occasionally.

I really like the looks of this glider, something about T tail just pulls on me.

I'm pretty new to gliders and with so little support in Canada it's hard to know what to look for. There is nothing at the LHS, everything is mail order so I only have internet advice to go by when trying to decide what to buy.

Soren, thanks for your thermal hunting advice on youtube this morning.
Much appreciated.
Last edited by CR5; Jul 03, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Jul 04, 2020, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
A little heavy as a pure thermal hunter but would it be a good choice for someone who's looking for something to thermal some days and still be able to handle the slopes?

I have 1.5m and 2m thermal gliders plus a 1.5m Great Planes Kunai electric I've upgraded to 325Watts plus a 1m DLG but would like something larger with a motor that can thermal the hay field by my house but still take to the slopes occasionally.

I really like the looks of this glider, something about T tail just pulls on me.

I'm pretty new to gliders and with so little support in Canada it's hard to know what to look for. There is nothing at the LHS, everything is mail order so I only have internet advice to go by when trying to decide what to buy.

Soren, thanks for your thermal hunting advice on youtube this morning.
Much appreciated.
Hi CR5, we're in the building process a brand new Thermik Dream. You can take a look at the process:

- Chapter 1:
How to build the Thermik Dream (Top Model) - Chapter 1 - Fuselage (3 min 6 sec)

- Chapter 2:
Chapter 2 (Tail & Rudder) | Build & IMPROVE | Thermik Dream (TopModelCZ) (5 min 34 sec)

-Chapter 3:
Chapter 3 (Wings) | Build & IMPROVE | Thermik Dream (TopModelCZ) (6 min 35 sec)

Best!

Quick Reply