Oct 21, 2018, 08:50 PM
Nothing in this world is free
Thread OP
Help!

Using a Cortex Pro with the X10 and a Nano

Has anyone been able to setup the Cortex Pro with the X10 and a Nano using serial input like a power box. I am trying to do this on my ultimate which has 4 servos on the ailerons, 2 on the elevator and 1 on the rudder. This is too many channel to do it with the cable loom and I really don't want to use Y harnesses on the ailerons. Especially since this is suppose to be able to stabilize 16 channels.

I am using a JR-11X TX. My channel set set up is:

Throttle on channel 1
Bottom right aileron on channel 2
Right elevator on channel 3
Rudder on channel 4
Bottom left aileron on channel 5
Top right aileron on channel 7
Top left aileron on channel 8
Left elevator on channel 9

Channel 6 is open but I was going to use that for the gyro gain on my 3 way flap switch.

The Nano and X10 is set up for Extreme Fast. I plugged the cable from the Nano into port B of the Cortex and then from port 6 of the Cortex to the input of the X10. The servos are plugged into the channels matching the list above

Teaching the Cortex to find the signal type it runs with no issues and I get the correct blue blinks recognizing the Nano. But the LED on the X10 is always flashing red like it is not getting a signal. Doing the programming of the servo channels it only does a couple and does not complete the process. Again the LED on the X10 is always flashing red.

I would think the Cortex should work with the Nano and X10 but I am definitely doing something wrong. Hopefully I have given enough info to get some help and any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks for your time
Bill
Last edited by thebluemax; Oct 26, 2018 at 08:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2018, 11:20 PM
You can't use the Nano for this. The reason is that the Cortex does not support the Xtreme protocol. You have to use our RFU for this setup. You set the RFU's output to SBUS, and set the Corex for SBUS input and output. The X10+ needs to be set for SBUS input. Several people have used this exact setup (with dual RFU's, but that is not required).

RFU Output (SBUS)--->Cortex Input (SBUS)---->Cortext Output (SBUS)---->X10+ Input (SBUS)

A few weeks after the AMA show we should have the X24 PRO available, which has complete stabilization built-in so you only need receiver(s) and that's it.
Last edited by JimDrew; Oct 21, 2018 at 11:28 PM.
Oct 22, 2018, 08:25 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Jim for the quick response. I was wondering if it was the the Nano's setup even though the Cortex recognized it during the teaching mode. I do have an RFU but it is already mounted in a plane. So an order coming for at least another RFU for now.
thanks again
Latest blog entry: Aegis Aircraft F-117
Oct 25, 2018, 09:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
You can't use the Nano for this. The reason is that the Cortex does not support the Xtreme protocol. You have to use our RFU for this setup. You set the RFU's output to SBUS, and set the Corex for SBUS input and output. The X10+ needs to be set for SBUS input. Several people have used this exact setup (with dual RFU's, but that is not required).

RFU Output (SBUS)--->Cortex Input (SBUS)---->Cortext Output (SBUS)---->X10+ Input (SBUS)

A few weeks after the AMA show we should have the X24 PRO available, which has complete stabilization built-in so you only need receiver(s) and that's it.
Got my RFU today and set everything up as SBUS like you said. "Worked slicker than snot"!! Got it set-up in no time at all. Thanks again for the help. I will check out the X24 pro when it becomes available.
thanks again.
Latest blog entry: Aegis Aircraft F-117
Oct 25, 2018, 10:39 PM
Great to hear!

Quick Reply