Oct 19, 2018, 07:00 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Motor rev

Hi all
Wondering if someone can help please?

Iíve only just moved from fuel engines to electric motors and have run into a snag.
Have a DX18 and need to reverse the direction of a motor.

Firstly, do I reverse the polarity on the motor through the pos/neg wires or reverse the motor in servo direction in the trans..?
When I tried the reverse in the transmitter, it asked me to Re-bind the receiver in low throttle position.... question is, the transmitter will not allow me to change the throw in the motor with out resetting the bind in closed position... does this mean I have to bind in full open to then swap the throw to have a closed position in the reversed motor throw..???

Would really appreciate some advise if possible as do not want to fry anything by swapping wires and not sure how to proceed with trans.

Cheers
Tony
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2018, 08:01 PM
ooooh yeah
So the throttle was working fine, but the motor is spinning backwards?

Easy fix, put your transmitter back the way it was. If it's a brushless motor, swap any 2 of the 3 wires from the esc to the motor
Oct 19, 2018, 09:45 PM
Thread OP
Hi
Yes the transmitter was working fine the motor was just running backwards
Wow... that easy hey..!!!
Will do that now.
Many thanks
Oct 20, 2018, 01:37 AM
Your problem is solved, but a critical point to note. Never ever reverse the polarity of the battery to ESC connections. You'll fry the ESC pretty much instantly
Oct 20, 2018, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
Hey

Worked a treat... thank you

Cheers

Quick Reply