Jul 03, 2019, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
No it's not fun. This is friggin loads of hours spent trying to help, literary thousands of posts being killed by ONE post like yours shooting randomly without even wanting to explain why. Not that it would matter, the single post is still there and people don't have the time or will to read up on the explanations.

gaaaaaaaaaaah

The ones arguing for heavier planes lands slower and flies better are at least a little fun as it's so way off out in the blue, but this is really not fun in any way.
Sorry let me explain:
I bought a used pipe and it turns out it got really hot with the original owner. I did not read ( MY fault) that he had issues with it.

When I posted a picture of the pipe someone commented the discoloration did not look normal.

so i gathered maybe its the wrong pipe..... maybe im wrong

the getting burned is a play on words ...pipe ... burned LOL
NO SLIGHT TO anyone.

sorry for the mixup

Cheers
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2019, 10:55 PM
Pipe pics
Jul 17, 2019, 05:30 AM
子淳 T one models + KING TECH K45 G3 飛行秀 (4 min 17 sec)

Micro T1 and k45g3, looks a great combo and of course x45 is going to be another ideal power unit.
Last edited by raydar; Jul 17, 2019 at 05:40 AM.
Jul 18, 2019, 02:44 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
So the large K30 is soon to make 4.5kg....

Back to square.... 6 years ago when we also had an engine making the same airframe go vertical :-) It IS fun!!!

Taft Hobby 90mm ViperJet (5 min 39 sec)
Jul 19, 2019, 05:43 AM
Lol the k30 size can k45g3 is now very similar in size and power as t50 as is x45 what's your issue?.

I thank lambert for showing what is possible but the cheap guys (owning both kingtech and x45 there is nothing cheap about these engines quality wise) have made a engine that a lot more affordable so unless you have shares in lambert why care.

If your just saying welcome to the party then high five, good times.

Big plus for micro turbine fliers.
Jul 19, 2019, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
Lol the k30 size can k45g3 is now very similar in size and power as t50 as is x45 what's your issue?.

I thank lambert for showing what is possible but the cheap guys (owning both kingtech and x45 there is nothing cheap about these engines quality wise) have made a engine that a lot more affordable so unless you have shares in lambert why care.

Lol, Kolibri no longer as relevant here. My T35 is cool but for the price I'd take two X45 anyday of the week. Its smaller, lighter, easier to use, more fuel efficient, better tech, and makes almost as much rated thrust as the T50 for half the money. Vt40 also not even worth it. The K45g3 now also beats it out with nearly identical specs as T50 with thrust the only less, but it gives more in other areas. It's not even worth the debate anymore really it's getting old so I'll stop myself.
Last edited by Doom 3D; Jul 19, 2019 at 11:14 AM.
Jul 19, 2019, 09:15 AM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar

Come on, Henke has put a lot of time in to helping guys with the micro turbine revolution. The Lambert motors are still the benchmark in this field.
The "K" motors are still much heavier than the Kolibri's and they are not as small in dimension.
Jul 19, 2019, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Belluomini
Come on, Henke has put a lot of time in to helping guys with the micro turbine revolution. The Lambert motors are still the benchmark in this field.
The "K" motors are still much heavier than the Kolibri's and they are not as small in dimension.
I don't think its that, we and I appreciate what he has done, we don't want a line to keep being drawn in the sand. We have these newer engines for a reason because they are affordable. Gets old when they get compared to make the point that they are not at the very top like kolibri.
Jul 19, 2019, 02:58 PM
I admire Henke and what he has done for micro turbines so in no way is it a dig. He probably is one of the major players in making other turbine manufacturers play ball by showing what lambert can/does do.

Same for his pipe testing work, no way I would have a Skysword and k30 unless he trailed the way.

So if anyone thinks i am having a dig I am not, cheers to Henke but this is not a lambert thread.

He has actually achieved his goal and made a huge difference to small turbine fliers choices.

Robert don't think I am derogatory towards Henke as truly I am not, and Henke hats off.
Last edited by raydar; Jul 19, 2019 at 03:04 PM.
Jul 19, 2019, 03:42 PM
2019 EDF Jet Jam June 13-16
Well it’s a fact why let it bother you.
I go to many turbine meets with my large EDF jets. Many of my friends asked me why I don’t fly a turbine it’s my choice, I ask them does it bother you?
Jul 21, 2019, 09:06 AM
Tom Para
K45G3 is listed on KingTec's website $1600
http://www.kingtechturbines.com/prod...roducts_id=100
Jul 21, 2019, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom in Cincy
K45G3 is listed on KingTec's website $1600
http://www.kingtechturbines.com/prod...roducts_id=100
Strange that they don't list the idle speed or the residual thrust??
Jul 21, 2019, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronn
Strange that they don't list the idle speed or the residual thrust??
They took it off the K30 specs too.
Jul 27, 2019, 01:09 PM
How long is the wait for the K45g3? Anybody know?
Last edited by mblue77; Jul 27, 2019 at 01:43 PM.
Jul 28, 2019, 05:05 PM
I gave up waiting.

Purchased the Xicoy X-45 instead.
The Xicoy seems to be a much better option as it idles at 60,000 rpm compared to 92,000 for the K45G3 which means it has far less residual thrust.

Quick Reply