May 22, 2019, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D
X45 will be better for that, higher thrust to weight ratio. X45 is 470 grams fully Installed vs the k45g3 which is 450 grams engine ONLY. What VT nozzle and tube are you using?
And Kingtech will likely be a $300 dollars cheaper for 90g extra weight, half of that will be in front of CG. pick your poison both will be suitable candidates for 90mm and even 105mm airframes. Myself I have not decided which I will own yet, need a good quality video of the k45g3 running. I do fancy another brand of turbine in the stable, will wait and see.
Last edited by raydar; May 23, 2019 at 12:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2019, 12:20 AM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Both appear to be great options. Some aspects I like about the X45 is that it may allow for a wider variety of airframes to be used with it considering it size weight and power, has a brushless starter and pump, can run on Diesel, still has Kero Start (and auto restart, but that's less important to me), less expensive telemetry (at least from the initial list price) and rather compact unit, the engine can run off of a LiPo which is less expensive and easy to find in the size and dimensions, among other features. The X45 seems like the ticket for me, and hoping it proves to be a reliable workhorse and I'm excited to own it.

I love that manufacturers are listening and continuing to improve their product lines, including Kingtech.
May 23, 2019, 12:30 AM
The x45 does look more refined and it's based in Europe, which for the time being is a big plus for me. The running video and spool up and down times are impressive also.

KT should look at making a "light" version ecu, their ecu is not a brick but it could be a area easily improved for size/weight saving. But then it ends up infront of CG where a bit weight is needed in most cases. There wont be a huge amount of weight saved on a 90mm airframe build between x45 and k45g3 maybe 150g at worst, of course lighter is always better and easier for ease of install but these turbines on typical EDF foamies are still going to have the problem of a huge 6's plus 5000mah batt missing on the front to offset the engine weight.
Last edited by raydar; May 24, 2019 at 01:05 AM.
May 23, 2019, 07:53 PM
used to build now i fly
im staying on the top of the wait list for the x45...it is said to be here in a month. if the k45g3 is ready for use by jok in july i will get one there. if not then the flying season for me will be in full swing and no time to build out another jet until winter by then reports on the kt one should be gathering steam.
May 24, 2019, 02:13 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefeet
..it is said to be here in a month. if the k45g3 is ready for use by jok in july i will get one there.
The K30TP was supposed to be here in january aaaa yes the Lambert ECU which finally arrived was first shown in 2013 I think

Things move, but not very fast....
May 24, 2019, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
The K30TP was supposed to be here in january aaaa yes the Lambert ECU which finally arrived was first shown in 2013 I think

Things move, but not very fast....
I would guess they waited on releasing k30tp when they started testing for the k45g3. More power?! So K45TPG3.......Just my two cents
May 24, 2019, 11:53 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D
I would guess they waited on releasing k30tp when they started testing for the k45g3. More power?! So K45TPG3.......Just my two cents
Never saw a K70TP which is also strange...

anyway, let's hope we get more oumpf from everything.
May 24, 2019, 05:10 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
Never saw a K70TP which is also strange...

anyway, let's hope we get more oumpf from everything.
I donít think you will see a 70Tp......I just hope that they stay the course with the K30TP.....because with turbo prop, you have to be able to swing a prop that clear the ground...over power will become more difficult to contain on the small size, I have the perfect F3A biplane for that motor....

Iím comparing this to my Skymaster PC 21 which is made for the K60TP......and Iím putting a K100TP and using a 24x23.5 5 blades will keep the rpm in check...

My Muses F3A Turbo Prop is 2.3m x 2.3m and the K45TP with a 3 blades 22x12 is pulling it with great authority......turbo prop seem to be able to pull more then the same size turbine (thrust type)
May 25, 2019, 09:11 PM
used to build now i fly
anyone care to share the acceleration and delceleration settings..
May 28, 2019, 12:40 PM

FMS Super Scorpion K30 conversion - update

Painted the orange away - I was tired of the color and stickers were starting to peel in places. This Blue Angels inspired theme looks great in the air (not so good up close - first foamy paint job).

Highlights...
Over 10 hours (77 flights) on the K30 / Scorpion - and it's been going great. I did lose a glow plug around flight 20 - Dirk via Barry replaced it under warranty and no failed starts or problems since.
Finally can consistently land slowly with; all the flaps I can get, a little crow, and just hold the slight alpha until it stops flying. Still idles at a brisk jog (93K) though.
My total run timer is set for 7 1/2 minutes (start timer after removing taxi tank). I did run out of fuel on the taxi back after landing on one flight at 8:40 (didn't hear my timer 6 minute mark where I normally start my landing pattern). 24oz main / 2oz uat.
May 28, 2019, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanning
Painted the orange away - I was tired of the color and stickers were starting to peel in places. This Blue Angels inspired theme looks great in the air (not so good up close - first foamy paint job).

Highlights...
Over 10 hours (77 flights) on the K30 / Scorpion - and it's been going great. I did lose a glow plug around flight 20 - Dirk via Barry replaced it under warranty and no failed starts or problems since.
Finally can consistently land slowly with; all the flaps I can get, a little crow, and just hold the slight alpha until it stops flying. Still idles at a brisk jog (93K) though.
My total run timer is set for 7 1/2 minutes (start timer after removing taxi tank). I did run out of fuel on the taxi back after landing on one flight at 8:40 (didn't hear my timer 6 minute mark where I normally start my landing pattern). 24oz main / 2oz uat.
nice !!!
May 29, 2019, 08:03 PM
used to build now i fly
anyone able to share the weight of planes flying with the k30 installed...
May 29, 2019, 08:10 PM
Quote:
The Scorpion (pictured above) is 9 lbs. 1 oz wet.
May 30, 2019, 12:08 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Quote:
As I can not be quiet I will post about the Opus even though I don't have it with the K30. It how ever got 170grams of lead in the nose which would make it the exact same weight with K30.

Opus V-jet/CC, the full carbon unbreakable Opus - 2300grams dry.
May 30, 2019, 12:22 AM
Quote:
LX F-16 completely covered with fiberglass = 5 pound (2,3 kg)

Quick Reply