Oct 19, 2018, 06:03 PM
Aviator
Thread OP
New Product

KingTech T30 mini Turbine 3.0 kg

KingTech just released their answer to the Jet P20 and the Lambert T35. It is slightly larger then the T35, it is 220 grams heavier and has less thrust KingTech - 3.0 kg the T35 has 3.4 kg and the K-30 G2 burns more fuel. But it is almost half the money and KingTech is going to make model jets for this turbine and they are coming out with a turbo prop next January, 2019. I own the Lambert T35 and it is a great little turbine but it is expensive and when I bought mine I had to wire transfer the money to them and then it was a long wait until I received it. If you need it serviced you have to send it back overseas at your expense as well. I also own a KingTech K60 and it is bullet proof and they are serviced and in stock in So Cal so you get it fast for a lot less money.
K-30G2

KingTech K-30G2 turbine engine, made in Taiwan Specifications: Diameter: 62.9mm Length: 160mm Weight: 450g (Include internal valve, mount, Digital...
$1,650.00 on sale for $1,500.00
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2018, 06:48 PM
used to build now i fly
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........quiet i need to gather funds for my order and i dont want them sold out.
Oct 20, 2018, 03:14 PM
Its K30 not T30, not to be confused with kolibri T30. This engine is going to be a hit for those getting into turbines. The performance to weight is not as good as other offering out there currently, but because its from what I can find the cheapest modern turbine on the market, period. &its tiny, It will sell! May have to get one myself for a small everyday beater turbine foamy. Everyone needs one in their inventory. This engine will also spark more competition for this size, which is good for us the pilots who buy and fly!
Last edited by Doom 3D; Oct 20, 2018 at 03:29 PM.
Oct 20, 2018, 07:55 PM
used to build now i fly
i want to put one in my freewing avanti s
Oct 20, 2018, 08:04 PM
What do we have of model options for this sweet thing?
I'm not so much into foam jets..

/Hans
Oct 20, 2018, 08:26 PM
used to build now i fly
mini excalibur
Oct 21, 2018, 09:31 AM
Also the Sebart Mini Avanti.
Oct 21, 2018, 11:27 PM

FMS Super Scorpion K30 turbine conversion

Ordered a K30 and started to work this weekend on converting my Scorpion. Added HSD 60mm wheels/brakes and flew them yesterday - worked great. I'm not organized enough to do a build thread with photos but here is the layout and former templates I have fitted so far. I thought the Scorpion was a good place to start because of the better foam density, trailing link struts, and workable layout. It will need some various upgrades.
Design Notes:
Following the Henke school of design - move the turbine as far forward to reduce overall weight required. Based on a 450g K30, moving it 3.5" up from the edf location will reduce almost 6oz from being required in the nose. The 24oz tank will save some too. If it's not overloaded I'll consider upgraded to a 32oz.
Other notes
Working on the plane belly up so you're seeing templates the same.
All former templates have alignment center tabs to thread over a 3/8 dowel - to be removed after epoxy dries.
F1 fits into existing reinforcing structure
F2 and F3 fit into edf front/back slots for better fit/alignment
F4 fits where the tail cone meets the foam

Plans
I have this full scale in corel draw so I can share files if anyone wants to cut/print parts from it.

I'll be spending the next month working on this (waiting for turbine to ship). Following the HSD Viper layout for heat shielding/uat/electronics/batts etc. Will post some pic's when it get's closer to maiden.

Important update 11/2 - I have 310mm measured for the tube now that the motor is further forward.
Last edited by pmanning; Nov 02, 2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: change thrust tube lengthe
Oct 22, 2018, 02:39 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by velyter
KingTech just released their answer to the Jet P20 and the Lambert T35. It is slightly larger then the T35, it is 220 grams heavier and has less thrust KingTech - 3.0 kg the T35 has 3.4 kg and the K-30 G2 burns more fuel. But it is almost half the money and KingTech is going to make model jets for this turbine and they are coming out with a turbo prop next January, 2019. I own the Lambert T35 and it is a great little turbine but it is expensive and when I bought mine I had to wire transfer the money to them and then it was a long wait until I received it. If you need it serviced you have to send it back overseas at your expense as well. I also own a KingTech K60 and it is bullet proof and they are serviced and in stock in So Cal so you get it fast for a lot less money.
K-30G2

KingTech K-30G2 turbine engine, made in Taiwan Specifications: Diameter: 62.9mm Length: 160mm Weight: 450g (Include internal valve, mount, Digital...
$1,650.00 on sale for $1,500.00
This engine is getting heavier. Not a problem as long as you know it and DON'T call it an answer to the P20 or T35. If anything it's comparable to the Lambert VT-40, virtually the same size as K30 but pushing 4kg of thrust (33% more) at more pr less the same price.
Oct 22, 2018, 02:44 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanning
Ordered a K30 and started to work this weekend on converting my Scorpion. Added HSD 60mm wheels/brakes and flew them yesterday - worked great. I'm not organized enough to do a build thread with photos but here is the layout and former templates I have fitted so far. I thought the Scorpion was a good place to start because of the better foam density, trailing link struts, and workable layout. It will need some various upgrades.
Design Notes:
Following the Henke school of design - move the turbine as far forward to reduce overall weight required. Based on a 450g K30, moving it 3.5" up from the edf location will reduce almost 6oz from being required in the nose. The 24oz tank will save some too. If it's not overloaded I'll consider upgraded to a 32oz.
Other notes
Working on the plane belly up so you're seeing templates the same.
All former templates have alignment center tabs to thread over a 3/8 dowel - to be removed after epoxy dries.
F1 fits into existing reinforcing structure
F2 and F3 fit into edf front/back slots for better fit/alignment
F4 fits where the tail cone meets the foam

Plans
I have this full scale in corel draw so I can share files if anyone wants to cut/print parts from it.

I'll be spending the next month working on this (waiting for turbine to ship). Following the HSD Viper layout for heat shielding/uat/electronics/batts etc. Will post some pic's when it get's closer to maiden.
Wiho, this actually makes sense. Get a 800cc tank that is as square as possible, then the engine all the way up against that. I would assume our 40mm thrust tube would go well on the K30 too as we push almost 4kg of power through it with the T35's

This setup has great potential, looking forward to seeing the results.

Last edited by henke; Oct 22, 2018 at 03:59 AM.
Oct 22, 2018, 02:48 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefeet
i want to put one in my freewing avanti s
Don't! It's too heavy and the plane is too small. Go 90-105mm EDF conversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labeye
What do we have of model options for this sweet thing?
I'm not so much into foam jets..

/Hans
Go 90-105mm planes, the smaller is simply too small and turn out too heavy. I'm very well aware there will be those who still will do the 80mm ones and claim they fly feather light..... but it simply goes so much better if stepping up to 90mm.

TAFT Viperjet, FMS Super Scorpion, HSD Super Viper etc....

Quote:
mini excalibur
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptar
Also the Sebart Mini Avanti.
Yes!

My HSD Super viper showing the K30 + Lamberts "VT-40". Mine happens to be the T50 but same size.... The Super Viper is only 4.2kg dry with the T50. I got about 60N of push in mine but I'm sure it will do superb on the K30 too.

Keep it simple!!

Last edited by henke; Oct 22, 2018 at 02:57 AM.
Oct 22, 2018, 03:02 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Kingtech guys just shared a video on FB with the Sebart Mini Avanti + K30.
Oct 22, 2018, 06:44 AM
used to build now i fly
henke what about the 90 edf venom from freewing.. would the tail elevator take the heat...
Oct 22, 2018, 07:47 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
henke what about the 90 edf venom from freewing.. would the tail elevator take the heat...
The heat is "never" an issue. Too short nose though. With Kolibri it's 2.4kg weight if you do it my way. With a P20 it jumps to 3kg. +600grams just with 100grams more on the engine. The K30 is another 100grams atleast which takes it to unreasonable weights. The short nose gives no way to fit the lead needed to balance.

I try to find a side view of the plane I do and place the components in paint just as pmanning did. A short tail and long nose is the key. The diamond 90mm for example. F104 90mm, F16 90mm. Taft Quantum?! Lot's of wing, Taft Valkyrie 90mm.

Sebart Avanti, L39, MB339.....

Savex L39, Minijets Mirage 2000, Minijets F104....

Not suitable

All 80mm - too small
Venom 90mm - too short nose
F14 (no way to get fuel on CG)
Hobbyking "composites"

Once again, this is only me and my experience. Everything is possible, but some things makes more sense.
Oct 22, 2018, 09:54 AM

Henke, thanks for the advice!
There is a plywood floor plate for the battery that appears to be structural. It's epoxied into the foam sides and extends over the wing tube too so I don't want to touch it. This only gives me approx. 82mm x 61mm of free space (where the inside inlet walls meet). More foam removal might need a former or glassing to reinforce the outer structure.
Not sure the stock 800cc is worth the extra fuel / weight savings (+3 oz fuel, - 40 grams nose weight). Any larger than 24 oz would likely require a custom built tank (trapezoid prism inserted from the back - large edf intakes = lots of space to be creative ).
Paul
Last edited by pmanning; Oct 22, 2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply