Fly Horizon Hobby Planes on Real Flight 8!

The Horizon Hobby Edition of RealFlight 8 adds the exclusive technologies and some of the most popular aircraft from the Best Brands in RC to the #1 RC flight simulator in the world to deliver an experience you simply can’t find anywhere else!

Splash

Horizon Hobby Edition of RealFlight 8

RealFlight® is the #1 RC flight simulator in the world. It’s the best tool new RC pilots can use when learning how to fly. It also enables experienced RC pilots to practice new maneuvers and hone their skills so they can become even better pilots.

With 150 different aircraft to fly — including airplanes, helicopters, drones, and more — at over 40 different flying sites, plus the ability to edit aircraft and sites, there’s an almost infinite number of flying options available. Add in game-like challenges that make flight training fun, multiplayer options so you can fly and compete with other pilots online, compatibility with VR headsets, and many, many more features, and you have everything you need to succeed at the field — because you can “fly” and have fun at home!

This Horizon Hobby Edition of RealFlight 8 is what everyone has been asking and waiting for! It adds the exclusive technologies and some of the most popular aircraft from the Best Brands in RC to the #1 RC flight simulator in the world, to deliver an experience you simply can’t find anywhere else.

RealFlight® 8 Horizon Hobby® Edition (0 min 52 sec)

Over a dozen new aircraft from E-flite®, HobbyZone®, ParkZone®, Hangar 9®, Blade® and more*:

• HobbyZone® Sport Cub S with SAFE® Technology
  • E-flite® Apprentice® S 15e with SAFE Technology
  • E-flite Timber™ 1.5m with AS3X® and SAFE Select Technologies
  • E-flite Timber 1.5m with Floats, AS3X and SAFE Select Technologies
  • E-flite Carbon-Z® Cessna 150 2.1m with AS3X and SAFE Select Technologies *
  • E-flite F-27 Evolution with AS3X and SAFE Select Technologies *
  • E-flite Mini Convergence® VTOL *
  • ParkZone® Conscendo™ Advanced with AS3X and SAFE Select Technologies
  • Hangar 9® Carbon Cub 15cc *
  • Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 30cc
  • FMS F-15 Eagle V2 64mm EDF
  • Blade® Fusion™ 270 with SAFE Technology *
  • Blade Fusion 480

Please be sure to activate and update your RF8 Horizon Hobby Edition online to receive the latest versions of these models.

Features

• New Horizon Hobby Edition Features:
  • Over one dozen new Horizon Hobby aircraft!
  • Spektrum™ AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) and SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technologies
  • Improved compatibility with the Spektrum WS1000 wireless simulator dongle (sold separately) for use with compatible DSM2/DSMX equipped transmitters
  • Additional RealFlight Features:
  • Industry-leading True-To-Life™ physics that make every flight more lifelike than any other sim
  • A simple and intuitive interface for zero learning curve, zero hassle, and more fun
  • More than 150 aircraft including airplanes, helicopters, drones, and more
  • Over 40 different flying sites including 3D fields and PhotoFields
  • FlexiField™ Site Editor
  • The ability to edit and import custom aircraft
  • Game-like challenges that make flight training fun and interactive
  • Multiplayer options so you can fly with other pilots online
  • Compatible with VR headsets, including the Oculus Rift and HTC® Vive™ VR headsets (sold separately)
  • InterLink-X® Controller Features:
  • Exclusive Reset/Rewind button for replaying your victories or resetting after crashes
  • Easy and convenient control of most simulator functions right from the controller
  • Built-in sliders help drone pilots zero their cameras in for the best shots
  • 10-channel capability for effortless control of all available functions
  • Prevents wear and tear on your field transmitter

Learn More

Head over to Horizon Hobby for all the info!

Oct 17, 2018, 03:43 PM
Will there be any update for existing RF-8 owners? Found the add on from Tower Hobbies.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJLUM&P=3

Jim
Last edited by jpurcha; Oct 17, 2018 at 03:55 PM.
Oct 18, 2018, 05:54 AM
have you seen the price tho!? holy excrement!
Oct 18, 2018, 06:54 AM
RCG Admin
Flight Sims used to be $200 for the version with a transmitter.
Oct 18, 2018, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha
Will there be any update for existing RF-8 owners? Found the add on from Tower Hobbies.

Jim
I think that is the update for existing RF8 owners. I think it is free if you purchased after Sep 1, 2018

Kind of sucks to pay for minor updates for a software that is not even one year old.
Oct 18, 2018, 11:14 AM
Wandering IT geek
About $2.50 per plane... For a bunch of planes that I'm pretty sure there are GP analogues for already in RF.

This is something that ought to be a free digital download...
Oct 18, 2018, 07:41 PM
Arrowhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpurcha

Jim
According to the info in that link it’s only available to users in the US???
Oct 19, 2018, 02:45 PM
fix-n-fly
Is there a ready to go desktop computer I can buy that will support Realflight 8 without spending thousands for a gaming computer?
Oct 19, 2018, 08:24 PM
It's Realflight X which required a gaming computer.
Oct 20, 2018, 04:37 PM
fix-n-fly
Hi jpurcha - thank you for the response. I have an HP laptop but doubt it has the horsepower to support the graphics in Realflight 8. The laptop is not expandable to add a graphics card so I am thinking I will need a desktop of some sort. Just wondering if I can go buy the low end desktop of HP or dell and it will work, or if I need to buy something with the graphics card suggested in Realflight 8. I bought the original Real flight and haven't messed with a simulator in 15 years. Now I think it would be nice as I rarely get a chance to go to the field.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Oct 21, 2018, 05:31 PM
My son runs RF-8 on his laptop. Just a couple years old.
Oct 21, 2018, 10:17 PM
fix-n-fly
Hi jpurcha - good to know - thank you.
Oct 23, 2018, 12:05 PM
Hmm, so if I'm interpreting things right, this version has replaced the original version on the store (I'm assuming you get everything you get in the original package with the horizon edition). But for those that already own it, they're stuck having to pay an upgrade fee if they want the same features?

I've been pondering for a while updating to 8, I've been running 6.5 but haven't used it as much as I should, and I'm thinking this winter maybe I'll try to dedicate some time to actually doing some sim work, so it might be worth updating for me.
Oct 23, 2018, 08:43 PM
Mines on backorder... hopefully see it soon.

J.
Oct 24, 2018, 08:50 PM
In stock at HH today...shipping soon!

J.

Quick Reply