Oct 17, 2018, 12:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Is lethal injection humane?

Capital punishment..........if it was you.....what would your last meal be? How would you choose to be put down?

https://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/p...ion-humane.htm

"Since the Supreme Court's ban on capital punishment was reversed, states have sought a humane method of killing sentenced criminals. They settled on lethal injection, but is this quasi-medical means of killing as quick and painless as we think?"
Last edited by rockyboy2; Oct 17, 2018 at 01:21 PM.
Oct 17, 2018, 12:14 PM
Suspended Account

Defective drugs that do not kill ????????

B S

Strap into a car seat. Windows up. Pipe exhaust fumes into his area. Falls asleep in NO PAIN. Never wakes up.

B S drug companies eat turkey droppings.
Oct 17, 2018, 12:28 PM
9mm to the back of the head, your're dead before you realize it. Quick and cheap.
Oct 17, 2018, 12:35 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyboy2
Capital punishment..........if it was you.....what would your last meal be?
A humpback whale, and I would insist on being allowed to eat the whole animal…. That should buy me some time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyboy2
How would you choose to be put down?
Nitrogen asphyxiation. 100% odorless, 100% painless. Spoken to people that were dumb enough to walk into Nitrogen inerted cargotanks (unfortunately an occupational risk), but lucky enough to be rescued, and they said they never knew what hit them, they just went out cold.

As you are now, you are allready breathing 79% Nitrogen, and your body does not notice that. It responds to only one gas WRT the functioning of your respiration, and that's CO2. That is what makes your lungs exhale and inhale. Not oxygen. Rebreathe the same air and your body protests due to the CO2 build up, not due to lack of oxygen. You can breathe in pure Nitrogen or Helium and your body won't protest, you won't notice it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops2
B S

Strap into a car seat. Windows up. Pipe exhaust fumes into his area. Falls asleep in NO PAIN. Never wakes up.
Having waited for a stopsign in heavy traffic, starting to cough and getting headaches from exhaust gasses, I really don't buy that for a minute.
Last edited by Brutus1967; Oct 17, 2018 at 12:41 PM.
Oct 17, 2018, 12:41 PM
Playing with toys.
Nitrogen atmosphere.

A really well made order of fajitas with rice and beans.
A large chocolate shake.
A really good pumpkin pie. Heavy on the spices with real whipped cream. This would be the last thing I consume as that is the taste I want to enter eternity with.
Latest blog entry: ...
Oct 17, 2018, 12:48 PM
Really?
Firing squads are more humane and quicker.
Oct 17, 2018, 12:48 PM
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks
Nitrogen atmosphere.

A really well made order of fajitas with rice and beans.
A large chocolate shake.
A really good pumpkin pie. Heavy on the spices with real whipped cream. This would be the last thing I consume as that is the taste I want to enter eternity with.
Woman on death row asked what she wanted for her last meal: "I don't know, you decide."
Oct 17, 2018, 12:51 PM
Playing with toys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
Woman on death row asked what she wanted for her last meal: "I don't know, you decide."
Just give them a menu with only one expensive item and it's over and done.
Latest blog entry: ...
Oct 17, 2018, 12:54 PM
Equinsu Ocha
Nitrogen atmosphere

Wagyu prime rib medium rare with two rock lobster tails, garlic rosemary mashed potatoes and creamy horseradish, fresh biscuits and blood gravy. Accompanied by a fine glass of Malbec. Pecan pie with vanilla ice cream and a nice Moscato D'asti for desert. A Cuban cohiba after dinner and I'm ready to go.
Oct 17, 2018, 12:56 PM
Honourary Canadian and Frisian
Depressurization chamber. I'd get really mad right before they turned the machine on.
Oct 17, 2018, 01:03 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
I haven't made a decision yet, but I do know that spending too much time on LTUP is a form of slow death with no free meal included.
Oct 17, 2018, 01:04 PM
Suspended Account
any kind of premeditated killing of anyone for any reason is pure out murder.
Oct 17, 2018, 01:08 PM
Government is a fearful master
Russian style... Put you in a porta potty sized room with a small opening in the back. You sit down facing the door and someone pushes a gun barrel through the small hole and shoots you in the back of the head. $0.50 bullet, remove the body and hose down the room.. All done in a few minutes. It is cheap, quick and probably painless. I propose we send the body to the crematorium and viola, dump the ashes in the prison garden and you have an empty cell waiting for the next piece of garbage that needs processing.
As for a last meal, I would go Joe Arpio on them and feed them a nice bologna sandwich. Gotta keep the costs down.
Oct 17, 2018, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53
9mm to the back of the head, your're dead before you realize it. Quick and cheap.
Too messy, Vasily Blokhin favorite was a Walther model-2 at Katyn:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily...Katyn_massacre
Oct 17, 2018, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constrictor
any kind of premeditated killing of anyone for any reason is pure out murder.
Agree. It is what it is.

Quick Reply