Dec 01, 2018, 10:17 PM
Thanks!!!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2018, 10:44 PM
Sorry I had to bug out on the contest, but received news of a family emergency just as Efrain and I were turning onto Anderson Road. Everything turned out ok, though. I'll be sure to make it out next year. Thanks to Efrain for giving up his spot and helping me get home.

We will be holding the 2019 F 5J BAM at the ABQ Balloon Fiesta Park next August. Hope you guys can make it out!!!
Dec 01, 2018, 10:48 PM
the lift is always in the sun!
Only went to spectate with my son Philip and Hose Monster Mark Mech. .... Super impressed with the field and the well organized setup. So much more relaxed than the f3j contests.

I don't get to fly for fun anymore because building and flying UAVs took the fun out of it.

I'm definitely going to tune up the Ava and join in on the fun.

Thanks for the great time and awesome food.

BTW, I think if someone were to teach Donnie the farm owner to fly a Radian, I bet he'll be calling for more flyers to come down. He was impressed.

Mark
Dec 01, 2018, 11:53 PM
Overkill is underrated
Mark, It was great meeting you, Phillip, and meeting up again with Mark Mech 20 years after we first shared some lift at the Chandler Bowl. EVEF would love to have you guys fly with us. Yeah, tune up that AVA, Mark...times a wasting.

Prez’ Ed
Dec 02, 2018, 09:08 PM
SO? what did you boys do today?
Dec 02, 2018, 09:24 PM
Red Merle ALES VII SJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EYE
SO? what did you boys do today?
I know right? The communication blackout is killing me!
Dec 02, 2018, 10:16 PM
R2 and R3 carnage Ouch
Dec 02, 2018, 11:13 PM
Camber down and screw it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EYE
R2 and R3 carnage Ouch
Except for Jon Garber in R3, who BURIED the competition! Not quite enough to erase his zero in R2, however.

Sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear the story.

For those who just want the results without wading through the pdfs...
Dec 03, 2018, 12:43 AM
R3 John John what was the key?
Dec 03, 2018, 02:24 AM
launch low, fly high
Interesting results! Kinda fun to see the 8, 9 ,10 places from the prelims end up as 1, 2, 3 in the flyoffs. Congrats to Bobby for the win!!!
Dec 03, 2018, 09:10 AM

Awesome weekend

Thanks to the EVEF folks for putting on a 1st class F5J event. The field was awesome and the lunch on Saturday was the best! Challenging conditions made for an interesting weekend. Always good to fly with friends from around the country. Until next time, Cheers!

John
Dec 03, 2018, 10:48 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Thanks to EVEF club for the well organized event as always!
Congrats to the winners and podium pilots!!! Both in prelims and flyoffs.
The field is great! Next time please turn on the heater during the night so that it is not as cold in the morning
And maybe a bit less wind too on Sunday
Saturday was a very pleasant day with light winds and light thermals that did not go very high all day. Medium difficulty day
Sunday certainly was a game changer. More wind (lots more) and turbulence. There were quite a few good lessons given by Mother Nature to all pilots, me included. A clear head and very good discipline was required to succeed. Just getting the plane back to the 75 m mark was often enough to be close to the top.
I really wish I could go to a lot more contests like this with open fields and windy air.
Huge thanks to my team mate Jon Garber for giving me rides, to John Armstrong for the accommodations and the cooking, to Brad for food and coffee, and to Darwin for giving me his guest room for the last night! And to John Hsu for helping me with the flights!!!
At the airport now... hoping to get on the flight home

Rcgroups still does not upload full size pics from the phone. Only selfies (smaller size). I did not take more pics yesterday as they won’t upload anyway. All pics that I posted were taken as selfies so framing was tough and not level

—-
Last edited by olgol; Dec 03, 2018 at 07:54 PM.

Quick Reply