Jan 17, 2019, 11:15 PM
Haha, sorry, yes right side, that was in my head and it came out wrong.

Yay! Yeah, the sbus port on top is specifically inverted so you want that for the Frsky RX. The ones on the bottom (where the green/smartaudio is currently going) are not.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2019, 05:02 AM
PhatPastor
Hey Wes what would you charge to print that antenna mount for me?
Also if you do prints for others I’m looking for a Runcam3 Mount also.
Which is the same as the gopro session 5. You can PM or hit me up on Bardwells discord!
Thanks
Marty!
Jan 18, 2019, 06:52 PM
So I soldered it up and flew it. It's so smooooth and quiet. I like it a lot!

Anyway... that buzzer... do you really have to push its button after every battery disconnect to get it to shut up? Then the LEDs stay on. How do you get the LEDs to turn off?

Thanks guys... I do answer other people's questions in other threads.

EDIT: I found other's comments about this. I also found that a long hold when shutting it off gets the LEDs to go off too.
Last edited by erkq; Jan 18, 2019 at 07:00 PM.
Jan 18, 2019, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
So I soldered it up and flew it. It's so smooooth and quiet. I like it a lot!

Anyway... that buzzer... do you really have to push its button after every battery disconnect to get it to shut up? Then the LEDs stay on. How do you get the LEDs to turn off?

Thanks guys... I do answer other people's questions in other threads.

EDIT: I found other's comments about this. I also found that a long hold when shutting it off gets the LEDs to go off too.

I found the info below on gearbest.com earlier in the week. Search 'skystars' and it will list most of the parts for the G730L If you were to buy the parts to build the G730L , it would cost about $280😞

Buzzer info:
Description
Specification:
Item name: SKYSTARS Finder Buzzer
The buzzer has 2 modes of operation:
1. Compatible with existing active buzzer and RGB tail light function, you can set the color of the light through the flight control.

2. When the flight control is normally connected, if the main battery in the flight is powered off, it can still automatically emit 80 dB of drip sound after power failure immediately, and the LED will emit RED light flashing, and the sound is louder.
How to turn off the speaker:
Press and hold the button for more than 2 seconds, and the machine will turn off the sound and light.
The Finder is compatible with all BF and CF flight controls. Just connect to the buzzer and LED interface of the flight controller and it will work. When the flight control wiring is correct, the drone is powered on, and the FC 5V power supply will Automatic charge the Finder2 ( the red LED will light to indicate that charging is in progress ).

https://m.gearbest.com/rc-parts/pp_0...ml?wid=1433363
Jan 19, 2019, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondy
I found the info below on gearbest.com earlier in the week. Search 'skystars' and it will list most of the parts for the G730L If you were to buy the parts to build the G730L , it would cost about $280😞
Brilliant! Thank you. I looked for docs and couldn't find them.

Yes, this quad is a great deal. I'll be putting a GP up on it when the rain stops.

I also have a Kopis 2, another great flying, great deal.

I fly Inspire 2's for work and they are so boring!
Jan 19, 2019, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Brilliant! Thank you. I looked for docs and couldn't find them.

Yes, this quad is a great deal. I'll be putting a GP up on it when the rain stops.

I also have a Kopis 2, another great flying, great deal.

I fly Inspire 2's for work and they are so boring!
You're welcome. Flying for a living sounds really cool.
Jan 22, 2019, 01:50 AM
PhatPastor
Messed my quad up... long story but I ruined the FC hooking up the Crossfire Nano! My hand jerked as it does sometimes while scolding the yellow signal wire and my irons tip went into the usb slot with a blob of solder on it and well it toast! A friend is putting in the Helio spring AIO FC for me! So I guess Iíll let you guys know what I think of butterflight! Here is a pic of my mess. Look on the left side of the usb...
Jan 22, 2019, 02:53 AM
Quote:
You're welcome. Flying for a living sounds really cool.
It is very cool. If you watch TV you've almost certainly seen one of our shots... most of our work is for national car commercials... Jeep, GMC, Dodge, Subaru, BMW and many more.

But it's ruined my hobby for the last year and a half. I've recently made a certified effort to get back into the fun hobby. I fly helis, 3D planks, EDFs but these quads are incredible. I mean... a 3D plane... 300 watts/pound is really great power. It'll go ballistic almost as fast as it goes straight and level. And here we have around 1500 watts/pound with my Kopis. It's just crazy. I'm addicted to getting to 100mph in 2 seconds (Kopis on 6S).

And I appreciate all the help I've gotten here. Finally figured out how to do "air" mode.
Jan 22, 2019, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPastor
Messed my quad up... long story but I ruined the FC hooking up the Crossfire Nano! My hand jerked as it does sometimes while scolding the yellow signal wire and my irons tip went into the usb slot with a blob of solder on it and well it toast! A friend is putting in the Helio spring AIO FC for me! So I guess I’ll let you guys know what I think of butterflight! Here is a pic of my mess. Look on the left side of the usb...
Don't toss it out. You could use a FTDI board and an available uart. There are a few instructional videos on YouTube.

Here's one:
Betaflight 3.1 Broken USB Port FTDI Adapter Won't Connect | FIXED (5 min 20 sec)
Last edited by mondy; Jan 22, 2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Jan 22, 2019, 05:13 PM
Quote:
It is very cool. If you watch TV you've almost certainly seen one of our shots... most of our work is for national car commercials... Jeep, GMC, Dodge, Subaru, BMW and many more.

But it's ruined my hobby for the last year and a half. I've recently made a certified effort to get back into the fun hobby. I fly helis, 3D planks, EDFs but these quads are incredible. I mean... a 3D plane... 300 watts/pound is really great power. It'll go ballistic almost as fast as it goes straight and level. And here we have around 1500 watts/pound with my Kopis. It's just crazy. I'm addicted to getting to 100mph in 2 seconds (Kopis on 6S).

And I appreciate all the help I've gotten here. Finally figured out how to do "air" mode.
Is it ok if I send you a DM? I don't want thread to go off topic.
Jan 22, 2019, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Is it ok if I send you a DM? I don't want thread to go off topic.
Yes... I debated responding because of that.
Jan 24, 2019, 06:25 PM
Initial thoughts:
This quad is great for the price. I ended up using the CF Micro I had and installed a GPS module while I had it apart. My initial flight, I used a 4 cell, 1300 mah battery. No aggressive maneuvers. The tune seems to be fine with 4 cell. I just got a couple of 5 cell, 1800 mah to try. I'm hoping the tune doesn't change. I need to increase the rates and expo to my liking. One thing that bothers me is the VTX antenna. It is very flexible and I can't angle it the way I want it. Also, it doesn't extend past the upper carbon fiber plate far enough. I could see this being an issue when flying back towards me after a long range flight. I will install a TBS Unify I have from a past build along with another antenna. This quad also made me realize that I rather build it myself. Unless it comes with crossfire and GPS installed. Oh, I plan on trying BF Rescue Mode.

My changes so far:
Relocate VTX antenna to upper plate
Relocate XT60 connector to outside frame
Added GPS module (BN-180)
Moved VTX smartaudio to Crossfire receiver

I will post any additional mods made.
Jan 25, 2019, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Initial thoughts:
This quad is great for the price. I ended up using the CF Micro I had and installed a GPS module while I had it apart. My initial flight, I used a 4 cell, 1300 mah battery. No aggressive maneuvers. The tune seems to be fine with 4 cell. I just got a couple of 5 cell, 1800 mah to try. I'm hoping the tune doesn't change. I need to increase the rates and expo to my liking. One thing that bothers me is the VTX antenna. It is very flexible and I can't angle it the way I want it. Also, it doesn't extend past the upper carbon fiber plate far enough. I could see this being an issue when flying back towards me after a long range flight. I will install a TBS Unify I have from a past build along with another antenna. This quad also made me realize that I rather build it myself. Unless it comes with crossfire and GPS installed. Oh, I plan on trying BF Rescue Mode.

My changes so far:
Relocate VTX antenna to upper plate
Relocate XT60 connector to outside frame
Added GPS module (BN-180)
Moved VTX smartaudio to Crossfire receiver

I will post any additional mods made.
Nice. Flew mine first time yesterday, LOVE it! Very smooth, I updated first to latest BF though.
I'm currently flying RDQ 4S 1300mah though because that's all I have for it, that RDQ 5S 1800mah is what I wanted to get for it, so let us know how that does! And how long you can get out of it.
Jan 26, 2019, 06:42 PM
So minor crash today and 1 of the arms de-laminated! It's making it bend upward and the prop hit the frame. The arms are designed to be replaceable but I can't find them anywhere, anyone know where to get them?
Jan 26, 2019, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesblake
Nice. Flew mine first time yesterday, LOVE it! Very smooth, I updated first to latest BF though.
I'm currently flying RDQ 4S 1300mah though because that's all I have for it, that RDQ 5S 1800mah is what I wanted to get for it, so let us know how that does! And how long you can get out of it.
I fly it with a 6S 1,000mah battery. I guess it's kind of small but I have my timer set for 8 min of gentle flying and the batteries come down with cell voltage in the 3.80's! They take less that 600mah to recharge. So, 7" makes for some efficient flying. And, cripes... the power on 6S is amazing.

I did have an ESC slowly fry, though. At least I think that's what happened. I've ordered a couple of replacements so we'll see. It's a lot more likely that a motor channel on the controller going out. The motor feels and looks fine.

Quick Reply