Oct 16, 2018, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

SkyStars G730L 7 inch FPV Kit/PNP - Budget Freestyle/Long-range quad!

This model was just posted to Gearbest, and it has got my attention. I'm sure a lot of other people will be interested in it as well. This is the first 7 inch kit I've seen at a reasonable price, so I'm hoping this will turn into an owners thread.

I've been wanting to build a 7 inch freestyle rig for a while, but parts are pretty expensive as it's still a bit of a niche. This is the first 7 inch kit I've seen offered, and the price is fairly reasonable on it considering the parts (BLHeli_32, 6s compatible, proper Runcam camera etc.). I keep my ear to the ground, and I haven't heard anything bad about the SkyStars stuff yet. Hopefully I can get my hands on one to share the performance of it!

SkyStars G730L

to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2018, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
Reserved, just in case.
Oct 17, 2018, 05:25 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Very interesting! I hadn't noticed this one yet. So far I am quite impressed with the Skystars S225, and like you say, I haven't heard anything bad about any of their other models either, so this thing should be pretty sweet.
Oct 17, 2018, 06:16 AM
PowerMetalPilot
I am hoping to get a bit more love and time with my 7'' this weekend. :0. I am also considering buying another identical frame and stacking the arms making them 8mm thick, Which sounds crazy but this thing is essentially a 7'' floss frame copy so she has floppy arms. last i flew it i was flying around a tight track and it honestly made my neck hurt i was straining so hard.
https://imgur.com/MAwshYe
https://imgur.com/ESXZnIz
ok sorry to hijack the thread i just was sharing .
Oct 17, 2018, 09:40 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
That's a good looking bird kramersteen.
Oct 18, 2018, 03:30 AM
PowerMetalPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
That's a good looking bird kramersteen.
I think so . had a little fly today it has a lot of power on 5s but its all at the last quarter of the throttle range . needs tuning but the potential is there it floats around nicely.
Dec 07, 2018, 09:21 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Just received mine...added Low ESR CAP to battery lead, Soft Mounted FC, Moved VTX antenna and added Crossfire Nano RX.

Looking forward to maiden tomorrow.
Dec 07, 2018, 10:07 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
Dec 09, 2018, 10:06 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Well prepped and ready to go.... when setting up my radio switches on Betaflight (yesterday morning)... I found 1 motor locked up with a loose magnet.

Now I have a request into Gearbest with a video to show them.

So my maiden is on hold until Gearbest makes this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.
Dec 16, 2018, 05:32 PM
PhatPastor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Well prepped and ready to go.... when setting up my radio switches on Betaflight (yesterday morning)... I found 1 motor locked up with a loose magnet.

Now I have a request into Gearbest with a video to show them.

So my maiden is on hold until Gearbest makes this right.
Ordered one today from GearBest. Flash sale $179.00 BNF $169.00 kit... plus and additional 6% off with quad camp RC code.
Now the usual one month wait!!! Letís hope others chime in as they get there quad too.
Dec 16, 2018, 05:41 PM
PhatPastor
Check it out on 6s....
7 Inch On 6S Daaaaaaaaaamn (6 min 4 sec)
Dec 16, 2018, 05:49 PM
PhatPastor
Gaps like a truck... seems able to take a crash and keep going!
7 Inch Flys Through A Truck! (Bando Practice) (4 min 16 sec)
Dec 16, 2018, 05:51 PM
PhatPastor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Just received mine...added Low ESR CAP to battery lead, Soft Mounted FC, Moved VTX antenna and added Crossfire Nano RX.

Looking forward to maiden tomorrow.
I think Iím gonna go crossfire also! Looking for a good 4s 1800 or 2100mah battery for long cruise runs!
Dec 17, 2018, 12:39 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
I got this one out over the weekend, it is nice. Lots of power on 4S with the 7 Inch props.... I have no need for 6S on this ship.

The video is clean (I added a cap to the battery leads as insurance, since I had it apart to add soft mounts to FC stack and soldered on crossfire).

2 Thumbs up for the price. I am now hunting a deal on a second one.

Next time I fly this one, I will captures some DVR footage.
Dec 17, 2018, 12:43 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatPastor
Ordered one today from GearBest. Flash sale $179.00 BNF $169.00 kit... plus and additional 6% off with quad camp RC code.
Now the usual one month wait!!! Letís hope others chime in as they get there quad too.
I could not get the DronecampsRC code to work.... any tips or do I have the wrong one. I took it from Justin's Youtube post links in his description.

Quick Reply