Oct 16, 2018, 09:41 PM
Question

Active club?

Hi,

My name is Rob, I live in Morgan Hill and I’m looking for an active club to join. How active a club is SBSS? Do you still have the field in Morgan Hill? (It’s on my doorstep, quite literally.)

I currently own an HH RadianXL, and a Great Planes Kunai, and a GO Mini DLG. I’m interested in trying my hand at a bit of thermalling, slope soaring, and meeting others with similar interests.

Cheers
Rob
Last edited by trebor27; Oct 16, 2018 at 10:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2018, 02:05 PM

South Bay Soaring Society

Hello Rob,
South Bay Soaring Society is an active sailplane club located in the southern bay area.
For more information on SBSS and how to join please check out our website at www.sbss.org.
Best regards,
Ken Peartree
Secretary
South Bay Soaring Society
Oct 17, 2018, 05:05 PM
Hi Rob,
We have launch equipment out at at field in Hollister on a regular basis. https://goo.gl/maps/5mKo6upgXkN2 Look for the Where's the Winch thread for times. Come out and join us if you have an AMA membership. We need it for insurance. If you are happy join the club.
-tim
Oct 18, 2018, 09:17 PM
Thank you both for the replies. I do have AMA membership, I think I bought it on Monday. I’ve just completed the membership form and will be posting it in the morning. Look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers
Rob
Oct 20, 2018, 04:45 PM
DLG Fan
Rob,

Several of us fly DLGs at Kennedy Middle School on Sunday mornings between 9AM and 1PM. Map below.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jo...4d-122.0508568

I would be very interested in seeing your Go Mini as I am in the process of deciding between a Go Mini and a Strike 3. We will be flying at Kennedy tomorrow starting around 9:30 and you are welcome to join us.

JohnB
Oct 23, 2018, 12:54 AM
Hi John,

Sorry I missed your reply, just saw it. I am still waiting for the Go Mini Kit to be delivered. But I’m more than happy to bring it down when I get it. Would you like to see it in kit form, as delivered?

Rob
Oct 23, 2018, 02:46 AM

Mini Go 1m DLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor27
I am still waiting for the Go Mini Kit to be delivered. But Iím more than happy to bring it down when I get it. Would you like to see it in kit form, as delivered?Rob
Certainly, and so will anyone else who shows up at Kennedy that day. Consider posting in the club's "Where are you flying winchless today" forum when you plan to bring it. tnx

Nov 16, 2018, 11:05 AM
Just following up on my membership. I posted the application off on about the 22nd October.

Thanks
Rob
Nov 16, 2018, 10:16 PM
Hi Rob,
It sometimes takes a bit for your membership to get processed as the mail needs to be passed on thru several people. You are more than welcome to participate in any club activities in the mean time.
-tim
Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.Ellis
Hi Rob,
It sometimes takes a bit for your membership to get processed as the mail needs to be passed on thru several people. You are more than welcome to participate in any club activities in the mean time.
-tim
Sure no problem, thanks Tim.

Cheers
Rob

Quick Reply