Feb 19, 2019, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
Everything, by setting the correct thrust angle you eliminate the P factor.
P factor is torque of propeller. And you if you can reduce that torque the model will fly just fine with the loss of a engine
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2019, 09:00 PM
I love Corsairs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogasrc
Everything, by setting the correct thrust angle you eliminate the P factor.
P factor is torque of propeller. And you if you can reduce that torque the model will fly just fine with the loss of a engine
Sigh. I was hoping you had some other kind of explanation. Aas a full scale pilot and flight instructor I'm going to have to disagree with your thinking.
Feb 19, 2019, 09:18 PM
Thread OP
Just curious have you ever built and flown a multi engine gas RC plane?
Feb 19, 2019, 10:48 PM
My experience is that twins are more a handful on an engine out than 4. My twin star is setup with 3deg out and 3deg down. It handles engine outs ok but is still a handful. My H9 B-25s were terrible with engine outs, both lost that way. If the engine quit while straight and level, I could deal with it. Both times I crashed was in a turn, low, and the inside engine quit. It rolls immediately. All you can do is throttle back and complete the roll. Both my B-25s had 2 deg out and 0 down. An engine out on my 4 engine planes is pretty much a non event. Big B-17 has 3 deg out on the outer nacelles, 0 deg on the inners. 0 deg down on all four. Didnt seem to matter which engine. Lean on the rudder and use aileron to keep it level. My little B-17 had all 4 at 0 deg out and down. Pretty much the same flight characteristics. My next two 4 engined planes are both set to 0deg. This is based on 10 years or so flying multis.
Edwin
Feb 20, 2019, 08:08 AM
To whoever the vendor is who is posting on here. How big are the boxes this thing ships in? And do you ship to FPO? I'm in Europe USmilitary and have a USA mailing address but there are size and weight limits.
Feb 20, 2019, 12:20 PM
Update from Tomas:
Container has been in port in Texas since last week. Customs is currently sitting on it, calculating the bribery charge they'll require for it's release. Shipping from VQ will commence within a few hours of container release. As to FPO, he says he will ship anywhere as long as the box qualifies.

Box will be approx. 35 lbs, 56x24x12.

I DO NOT work for VQ, I'm just a customer who can't wait to get his B-24...
Feb 20, 2019, 01:17 PM
News flash, for those of us too dense to just look randomly: there are videos on Youtube: here, and here:1, 2, 3.
Feb 20, 2019, 01:25 PM
Further from Tomas:
Vietnam factory had low quality video footage so we had limited useable footage but the model flies wonderful and only needs .40 Saito 4-strokes or equivalent
It flies at 1/2 throttle at that in a relatively scale manner ... 3/4 and full throttle just for non-scale fast flying or at higher altitudes
Anything more than that size engine is not needed nor recommended

He's referring to the first video in my previous posting above. If that video doesn't get you stoked...
Feb 20, 2019, 07:21 PM
Nice videos. I like the animated gun turrets. Want to know more about the bomb bay doors. Is there a manual PDF yet?
Edwin
Feb 20, 2019, 08:58 PM
Thread OP
Edwin
According to Tomas from VQ warbirds, the bomb bay doors can be made to operate.
Doug
Feb 21, 2019, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickVB
Update from Tomas:
Container has been in port in Texas since last week. Customs is currently sitting on it, calculating the bribery charge they'll require for it's release. Shipping from VQ will commence within a few hours of container release. As to FPO, he says he will ship anywhere as long as the box qualifies.

Box will be approx. 35 lbs, 56x24x12.

I DO NOT work for VQ, I'm just a customer who can't wait to get his B-24...
Normal FPO shipping is 70" total but super slow FPO you can do up to 130" so I'd be good. Hmmm, I'm just getting back into RC but the B-24 is my favortie bomber of all time and you know they won't have these forever. I might wait till the Summer re-stock after ppl have had a chance to get them together and fly them and go from there...

Thank you so much for the info also, I really appreciate it!
Feb 21, 2019, 10:22 AM
I love Corsairs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogasrc
Just curious have you ever built and flown a multi engine gas RC plane?
Gas/nitro no. Electric yes.
Feb 21, 2019, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkalwishky
Gas/nitro no. Electric yes.
When you do then you will understand why thrust angle is important.
Feb 21, 2019, 11:55 AM
I told my wife thrust angle was important and got a really dirty look...
Feb 21, 2019, 12:22 PM
I just noticed that I screwed up yesterday and left off the raw flight video here. Sure would like to know why they edited out the landing...

Quick Reply